• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dubuque, Iowa Tournament Discussion - October 13th

Echo

Smash Champion
i'm coming, guaranteed. kinda hard for me to be spread the word though... :p

Echo

Smash Champion
now that i think about it, cookies DO sound really good.

SOMEONE GET THIS GIRL SOME COOKIES

Echo

Smash Champion
lol yayuhhz secks knows the knee to falcon punch is too good :p

darn this tourney is still like a month and a half away =[

Echo

Smash Champion
EV training sucks but anyway im applying for a ride any takers i pay good gas
I'd probably be able to pick you up, seeing that we'd be going right past des moines.... I'm just not exactly sure who's all going from NE yet, so I'd have to make sure we'll have a spot. It'd be just you, right?

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
I'll see if I'll be able to go. I'll probably offer rides if you pay gas. Also I'll bring extra money so I can order pizza for everyone. How many large pizza's would satisfy this tourney? On another note, According to Mapquest, From (South) Des Moines, to Dubuque it's gonna be about 3 hours and 15~30 minutes. 205 miles apart. My god Dubuque might as well be a part of Wisconsin/Illinois.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Ok I want to go but gas is like well.........Anyways im looking for some people who would carpool with me. Me and Frost Byte will probably go but im not taking anyone who can't help pay for gas :-/ I would be willing to go out of my way too.

Faellie

Smash Apprentice
I'll see if I'll be able to go. I'll probably offer rides if you pay gas. Also I'll bring extra money so I can order pizza for everyone. How many large pizza's would satisfy this tourney? On another note, According to Mapquest, From (South) Des Moines, to Dubuque it's gonna be about 3 hours and 15~30 minutes. 205 miles apart. My god Dubuque might as well be a part of Wisconsin/Illinois.
Yea. It's right at the border of Wisconsin/Illinois. ^_^:;

And dude, you do noooot need to buy everyone pizza. We will hopefully end up with 30 or more people, and that's too many for that. Just show up and have fun! :)

Big Burn

Smash Lord
**** it sounds like it would be fun but a 5 hour drive might be a little much for me... we will c what happens

Chaos Ogre

Smash Rookie
sorry bout the short leave of absence, forgot my password.

aight, i and going to try to put together a list of people that are going to this. but please, only confirm that you are coming if you are 100% sure of coming. the main reason i do this is because i have been informed that there will also be a Guitar Hero 2 tourny that day as well (i do not know the details of this tourny but i can get the info is need be). so if this get big enough i may have to talk with the owners to see if its possible to still have both without being jam packed in there.

ALSO, i have been told that we also can use the equipment there, so not as many people need to bring tvs, but i still need GCs, Wiis and copies. if anyone can bring a station, i will love them forever. as far as entry fees go, im going to have it $10 for singles and $20 per team in doubles (members of Area 51 get half off). i am also tryin my hardest to get the biggest payout that my bosses will allow.

Echo

Smash Champion
Iowa may have some of the weirdest people I have ever met... but they are too ****ing cool. <3

Top Bottom