• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSF (Metaknight) vs. Claw (ZSS)

Adapt

Smash Lord
already posted in the video archives (for future reference post videos there, thanks)

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
Does anyone else see the pattern? Whenever there are two really good players of a character, they always live in a different coast.

Diddy Kong

NinjaLink - East
Nanerz - West

ZSS

Snakeee - East
Claw - West

MK

Mew2King - East
DSF - West

What else....

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Looks like they met up again in the losers finals, DSF taking the win in that encounter, but losing to TKD in the grand finals.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=3514 said:
DSF
Winners' bracket
Defeated Hive
Defeated BoA
Lost to Claw

Losers' bracket
Defeated Meep
Defeated LeePuff
Defeated Jon T
Defeated SK92
Defeated Tyrant
Defeated DEHF
Defeated Claw
Defeated TKD
Lost to TKD

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
I wanna see how the games in Loser's went.

Not to diss Claw or anything, but that definitely doesn't look like DSF.

btw, lol at the best players of each coast post... Because those are, without a doubt, the only good mains of those characters... \:

Adapt

Smash Lord
ok, am I a noob or something? we have a grab release combo on MK? if so this is the first time i'm seeing it...some1 confirm this for me O_o
it's been known for a while, but I find it doesn't do much damage...

You get a grand total of like 10% and I would rather go for a fair out of the first grab release and get 17%

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
yay people using the stuff I found! d:

anyways, I dunno if a F-Air is possible... dash attack for sure.

mainly the point isn't damage, it's getting MK off the edge so you can control the stage and hopefully edgeguard. (Since his jumps are slow he has to use stuff like side-b, which can be stunned).

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Nearly had a Cake Combo in in the third match.

XD

Good ****, though. The second match was inspirational.

sasook

Smash Champion
Does anyone else see the pattern? Whenever there are two really good players of a character, they always live in a different coast.

Diddy Kong

NinjaLink - East
Nanerz - West

ZSS

Snakeee - East
Claw - West

MK

Mew2King - East
DSF - West

What else....
Doesn't apply to Link D:, we got one in Washington and the rest in the Midwest.

The second match was inspirational.
Yeah, no kidding, I was awed.

Bouse

Smash Ace
DSF should have picked Lylat, other than that amazing matches. There are reasons I have deep respect for people who main the characters that are fun for them, not just good.

OverLade

Smash Hero
DSF should have picked Lylat, other than that amazing matches. There are reasons I have deep respect for people who main the characters that are fun for them, not just good.
The thing is, some characters ARE good, just nobody realized it.

Jiggs in melee for example. Nobody realized how good Jiggs was until the game had expired.

Hopefully that wont happen in brawl.

∫unk

Smash Master
It's funny that no one talks about the second time they played at this tournament in losers finals but good set claw.

And lol there isn't just 2 really good ZSS and MK I dunno about other chars. TKD 3-0'd DSF at the tournament where this set happened (last major regional tourney).

Bouse

Smash Ace
The thing is, some characters ARE good, just nobody realized it.

Jiggs in melee for example. Nobody realized how good Jiggs was until the game had expired.

Hopefully that wont happen in brawl.
Zero Suit is a good but flawed character. She has her limitations and while she's a strong character, can be KO'ed quite easily. Calling her good or balanced is one thing. To claim that she's of the same level of Snake and Meta Knight is entirely something different. There's a reason that the top tiers place higher more consistently. They're easier to play, and generally better characters. Deva has given DSF just as hard of a run for his money, but Link is a much more difficult character to play.

It'd be one thing if DSF was a die-hard Kirby fan or a MGS fan. I doubt the people who play those games seriously picked them because of an attraction to the game series they originate from. Most Meta Knight mains can't even name 3 different Kirby games, and most Snake mains... well MGS is actually a relatively popular game series as opposed to the Kirby franchise.

Don't worry though, as long as they're not in the top 4-5 I can generally admit when a player is using genuine skill as opposed to taking advantage of a character who obviously has an advantage because of the game designers not knowing how to balance video games.

Hell, I'll even admit M2K is a great player and the same goes for DSF. Admitting skill and having respect for the player are two different things. People who try to make a character they love better by practice and dedication are those I respect and admire.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Zero Suit is a good but flawed character. She has her limitations and while she's a strong character, can be KO'ed quite easily. Calling her good or balanced is one thing. To claim that she's of the same level of Snake and Meta Knight is entirely something different. There's a reason that the top tiers place higher more consistently. They're easier to play, and generally better characters. Deva has given DSF just as hard of a run for his money, but Link is a much more difficult character to play.

It'd be one thing if DSF was a die-hard Kirby fan or a MGS fan. I doubt the people who play those games seriously picked them because of an attraction to the game series they originate from. Most Meta Knight mains can't even name 3 different Kirby games, and most Snake mains... well MGS is actually a relatively popular game series as opposed to the Kirby franchise.

Don't worry though, as long as they're not in the top 4-5 I can generally admit when a player is using genuine skill as opposed to taking advantage of a character who obviously has an advantage because of the game designers not knowing how to balance video games.

Hell, I'll even admit M2K is a great player and the same goes for DSF. Admitting skill and having respect for the player are two different things. People who try to make a character they love better by practice and dedication are those I respect and admire.
XD I never said ZSS was on the level of MK or snake I just said that she was underrated, like jiggs until someone finally showed what she was capable of.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Just because it's news to you, doesn't make it news. Snakeee's placing at C3 and Critical Hit 4.5 was evidence enough of ZSS' ability to rock some socks. Granted, some of us don't have the ability to space as well as he can with ZSS. I highly recommend practicing with Zelda to every ZSS main. Learning to thunderkick with Zelda made my Bairs and Fairs so much better spaced it's ********. Yeah... that's right Snakeee I've pierced the heart of your secretz.

PS. I love you Halberd, I did play you in some Wifi matches if you remember my Link. I just like going on rants on days that I'm bored.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Just because it's news to you, doesn't make it news. Snakeee's placing at C3 and Critical Hit 4.5 was evidence enough of ZSS' ability to rock some socks. Granted, some of us don't have the ability to space as well as he can with ZSS. I highly recommend practicing with Zelda to every ZSS main. Learning to thunderkick with Zelda made my Bairs and Fairs so much better spaced it's ********. Yeah... that's right Snakeee I've pierced the heart of your secretz.

PS. I love you Halberd, I did play you in some Wifi matches if you remember my Link. I just like going on rants on days that I'm bored.
Thanks for giving me credit there.
I use Zelda's lightning airs a ton lol. My new favorite thing with Zelda - Lightning d-air to lightning b-air.
ZSS doesn't die that early btw, even though she's light her recovery is better than a lot of chars. I really believe she is high tier now.

Bouse

Smash Ace
She's light is what I'm getting at, and that limits her somewhat because she can get knocked around pretty easily. Her one upside is she has excellent recovery from vertical trajectories via the Dair momentum cancel. But seriously, I don't disagree with her being high tier. She's probably one of my favorite characters to play and will always remain on my roster.

We all noticed her potential months ago, way back in the summer and spring of '08. We played Subspace Emissary and were like, "**** this ***** can kick some ***!" Then, we had enough people who busted their ***** to figure out every bit of data they could. This all on top of an organized community.

Snakeee never took the time to make a combo video for ZSS. He was too busy being a badass.

sasook

Smash Champion
We played Subspace Emissary and were like, "**** this ***** can kick some ***!"
That's actually how I came to play her (once I had a decent grip on Link) because I remembered how she good she was in SSE.

Top Bottom