• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Draw With Your Power - ROUND 16: SNAKE

Ange

Smash Lord
Zook and neous won the Other and Hand-drawn category respectively. :)

Votes;

Digital: MASTRLINX
Creative: Zook
Overall: neous

Dont worry about the business man, I believe alot of us are atm.

Ange

Smash Lord
Meno, what did you think about my schedule idea some posts ago?

Yey bump!

Mit

Smash Ace
Squirtle because of 'the witching waves'? That's my guess anyways.

Also, I'm gonna suggest Monday-Tuesday voting again, with Wednesday-Sunday submissions. And Zook I'd say reveal the characters Sunday night.

Ange

Smash Lord
Also, I'm gonna suggest Monday-Tuesday voting again, with Wednesday-Sunday submissions. And Zook I'd say reveal the characters Sunday night.
My suggestion is having the character gets revealed on Monday, but it would pretty much be the same thing.

Tallied votes for Week 13: Olimar

Hand-drawn
neous - (Auto-win)

Digital
MASTRLINKX - 5

Other
Zook - (Auto-win)

Creative
Zook - 4
Gnarly Charlie - 1

Overall
MASTERLINKX - 3
neous - 2

Mit

Smash Ace
Yeah, I said Sunday night just so we aren't waiting until Monday evening to draw if someone wants to throw ideas around earlier in the day.

Gnarly Charlie

Smash Rookie
So, my computers been freezing whenever I start it lately, until two days ago when I opened it up and cleaned 9 years of dust out of it. I was also gonna submit this one, but I never got to finish it, or even get on the internet without my computer freezing.

Pikmin Rangers!

Made it in Paint. Yeah, I know, it's not that great and way past deadline, but I wanted to show that I was capable of putting in more effort than that lame thing I posted earlier. I based it on this picture that I found:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/Haku-Kolulu-Osaka/powerrangers.jpg

Ange

Smash Lord
PIKMIN RANGERS!

Haha, clever idea. It should go into the Honorable Mention(s) in the Archive.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Gah, sorry guys. I've been neglecting this again. Being busy will continue being my excuse... I'll update today.

Now, what is everybody's opinion on the schedule? I'd like to finally settle on something everyone likes.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Guessing at Character: Fatty like Wario? or Retro like G&W? or no speak movies like Link/Toon Link? im out of Ideas

Ange

Smash Lord
Schedule idea:

Entry days: Wednesday - Sunday

Voting days: Monday and Tuesday

Zook posts hint for the next character: Sunday or Monday

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Schedule idea:

Entry days: Thursday-Monday

Voting days: Tuesday-Wednesday

Zook posts hint for the next character: Sat or Sun

This way we have all weekend to work and if we don't finnish on the weekend we still have one day to finnish things all up, then vote on Tue-Wed.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Schedule idea:

Entry days: Wednesday to Sunday
Voting days: Monday & Tuesday
Zook posts hint for next character: Sunday or Monday

Mit

Smash Ace
Sounds like most people are in favor of voting Monday-Tuesday, although I'd actually like Monday-Wednesday more, just so we can maybe get more votes in. If characters get revealed Sunday night/Monday, it doesn't really matter how long we vote, just hold your submissions til Thursday. I just think we need more voting awareness ;_; because we should really have way more than we do.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
I do not want a Mon, Tue, voting schedule... I think we should be able to submit Monday also.. For reasons I've already posted.

Ange

Smash Lord
I wouldnt really want Monday to be an entry day.

Monday tends to be a day when people are the most tired after school/work since its after the weekend and the start of a new week. I cant say this applies to everyone however, but I believe its pretty common.

Hmm, 3 days for voting sounds good. That way, we'll have 4 entry days and 3 voting days.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
ok my $10 on the subject. (2 cents is for poor pppls)

the charcter should be revealed as soon as the voting ends like ppl have been satying.
2 days for voting because one more would give us more times for voting but if you guys remember there use to be a late entry like evry week, sometimes it would be by an hour sometimes by a day. by having one less day to submit you have that much more of a chance of someone(s) missing the deadline

everyone should post what days they absolutely dont want to vote on. that may make it a little bit easier to see what days are a definite no and we can go from there.

Mit

Smash Ace
ok my $10 on the subject. (2 cents is for poor pppls)

the charcter should be revealed as soon as the voting ends like ppl have been satying.
2 days for voting because one more would give us more times for voting but if you guys remember there use to be a late entry like evry week, sometimes it would be by an hour sometimes by a day. by having one less day to submit you have that much more of a chance of someone(s) missing the deadline

everyone should post what days they absolutely dont want to vote on. that may make it a little bit easier to see what days are a definite no and we can go from there.
Well actually, everyone has been saying the character should be revealed Sunday evening/Monday, with voting Monday-Tuesday. So there should be no issues with drawing, because, well, you can draw Sunday-Sunday. Every day of the week. You just can't submit until we're out of the voting period, which should not be a problem (since most people don't finish til the weekend anyways).

That's why I propose Monday-Wednesday, because it doesn't really impede on submissions at all, and will perhaps allow us to get more votes in, and get more people participating in the voting process.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Well actually, everyone has been saying the character should be revealed Sunday evening/Monday, with voting Monday-Tuesday. So there should be no issues with drawing, because, well, you can draw Sunday-Sunday. Every day of the week. You just can't submit until we're out of the voting period, which should not be a problem (since most people don't finish til the weekend anyways).

That's why I propose Monday-Wednesday, because it doesn't really impede on submissions at all, and will perhaps allow us to get more votes in, and get more people participating in the voting process.
Aqua4ever;7327022[COLOR=yellow said:
]I do not want a Mon, Tue, voting schedule[/color]... I think we should be able to submit Monday also.. For reasons I've already posted.

i didnt read everyone's post but i did see that
since i do not know how many people agreed i just suggested say what days you dont want to vote on.

aqua's argument and anyone who agrees will say that, that schedule does hinder the submitting process to a certain extent

alot of people in the social group during the argument of a tablet category

While the contest is just drawing cool stuff and showing it off, it seems to loose the only bit of competition in it if it goes this way

I'm with ya, Flying Dutchman. I joined in on this competition, but I don't necessarily view it as one

We're all just here to draw, share our pictures and ideas. The whole 'contest' idea, is just a sidenote to me. There aren't any prizes, this is a competition for the fun of it.
We're all just here to have fun, not to win a contest so that we can enlarge our e-*****.

But like yall said this competition is less of a competition and more of an 'art gallery'
why do we need more voting days if no one really cares about winning?

Mit

Smash Ace
Because it gets more people into this thread, and makes people aware of some of the great contributions we get here. I don't care about winning either, but I would love if we had way more people voting, and this thread was much more popular than it already is. You don't need more artists to do that, we have quite a few already, but we could definitely use more people who just vote.

Also, more popular thread means word will spread even further across the boards, and maybe bring in more artists too.

Also, Aqua's reasoning is more personal. Majority seems to be in favor of submissions ending Sunday night (which sucks for Aqua :\ )

And I still don't get how exactly it hinders the submission process, you haven't actually stated a reason. If characters are revealed as soon as voting begins, you can draw whenever you want. An extra day of voting just means IF you finish your submission before Thursday, you have to wait until Thursday to submit. If you completed something, you're not going to forget to submit it.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Alright, we've given it a week of discussion so we can finally get the schedule down.

I'll be posting the new schedule tomorrow (hopefully) and we can start next week fresh. Try to get in your opinions in before 6ish tomorrow - I'm keeping everyone in consideration.

Mit

Smash Ace
As long as I can start drawing early in the week (preferably Monday), and finish drawing at the end of the weekend (preferably Sunday night), I'm good.

Can't wait though. I'm finally done with classes this semester and have plenty of time to draw. Hopefully Zook notices we're about to start up again and reveals the character in time for the reboot.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Did someone mention Zook? :D

Anyways, next week's character is... MARIO!!

Reason? Coney Island. As any YTP fan can tell you, one of Mario's memes is him saying "Coney Island Disco Palace."

Mit

Smash Ace
Cool. I've got an idea I should be able to put together in between animating my Captain Falcon cartoon :p

So, we've got the character, and it's Sunday, do we find out the new schedule today? >.>

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
And I still don't get how exactly it hinders the submission process, you haven't actually stated a reason. If characters are revealed as soon as voting begins, you can draw whenever you want. An extra day of voting just means IF you finish your submission before Thursday, you have to wait until Thursday to submit. If you completed something, you're not going to forget to submit it.
ok so what you're saying is if we have a week to draw then its all good right?
why doesnt the character get revealed thursday, voting be thursday-saturday and submiting be sunday through wednesday?

you'd probably object to this but does it not have the same effect as the schedule you're proposing?

the difference is you'd like to begin drawing at the beginning of the week and finish at the end. That schedule could hinder all submitters who start at the end or middle of the week and take the same time frame for drawing as you do (monday-sunday) as this contest gets more popular, more artists will come, and possibly more that fit this description

EDIT: about the extra day

your looking at it as one day later to submit your piece. obviously you wouldnt forget that. but also think of it as you have to finish and submot your piece one day earlier.
if we vote mon-weds if you finish befor that then submit thurs like you said. but if we keep it to days and vote tues-weds then you can still submot thursday but you also have one moe day to submit.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Okay, sorry guys about being so late on this. But! I get out of school by the end of this week, and I will no longer have any excuses. I won't neglect this poor, girlfriend-like, thread any longer.

New Schedule:

Schedule

Here is the final schedule for DWYP. Drawing takes place in the middle of the week on Wednesday all the way through the weekend, ending on Sunday. Voting takes place on lazy Monday and groggy Tuesday. Zook will announce the new character on these voting days as well - those who follow the thread will have two days of a head start. Zook's current hint is featured beneath the archive!

I think it caters very well to everyone. Let's go over the advantages:

• You get the entire weekend.
  • You get 3/5ths of the the week days.
  • Regulars "basically" get Monday and Tuesday as well.

I don't think an extra voting day is necessary really, but if votes really start trickling, we might add one. So... yea. I'll officially announce Mario on Wednesday, till then you may all continue your "break." ;)

Mit

Smash Ace
ok so what you're saying is if we have a week to draw then its all good right?
why doesnt the character get revealed thursday, voting be thursday-saturday and submiting be sunday through wednesday?

you'd probably object to this but does it not have the same effect as the schedule you're proposing?

the difference is you'd like to begin drawing at the beginning of the week and finish at the end. That schedule could hinder all submitters who start at the end or middle of the week and take the same time frame for drawing as you do (monday-sunday) as this contest gets more popular, more artists will come, and possibly more that fit this description

EDIT: about the extra day

your looking at it as one day later to submit your piece. obviously you wouldnt forget that. but also think of it as you have to finish and submot your piece one day earlier.
if we vote mon-weds if you finish befor that then submit thurs like you said. but if we keep it to days and vote tues-weds then you can still submot thursday but you also have one moe day to submit.
Not entirely relevant to the thread anymore, but I'm just wondering.

So, is what you were proposing that we vote Tuesday-Wednesday then? I was making my assumptions based off everyone being pretty much ok with what Meno just revealed to be the new schedule, Monday-Tuesday for voting. Therefore, extending it to Wednesday would not really change anything.

In your case then, if we were to increase voting days, I'm saying your ideal schedule would be Tuesday-Thursday. In your ideal schedule, characters would be revealed Monday night or Tuesday. Therefore, you could draw Tuesday-Monday, but only submit your finished piece Friday-Monday, which should be no big deal.

Again, extending the voting to 3 days, no matter when the voting days are, has pretty much no disadvantages over 2 days of voting, aside from us just wanting to keep it 2 days.

Seeing as how we've pretty much adopted Monday-Tuesday voting days, my proposal was simply to increase it to Wednesday, which should not hinder anyone since characters are revealed Sunday night/Monday/whenever Zook feels like it :p

As far as arguing for Tuesday-Wednesday over Monday-Tuesday, it seems to be a majority rules thing, and we seemingly do not have many artists who start late in the week and finish up early in the week.

Ange

Smash Lord
This schedule is alot better. Feels good to finally know exactly when we're able to draw and such, especially now that we have the weekends too.

Right now I have alot of schoolwork to do, so I wont have the time to put effort into any drawings for the next few weeks.

Just make sure not to choose Pikachu in that time, Zook. ;P

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Not entirely relevant to the thread anymore, but I'm just wondering.

So, is what you were proposing that we vote Tuesday-Wednesday then? I was making my assumptions based off everyone being pretty much ok with what Meno just revealed to be the new schedule, Monday-Tuesday for voting. Therefore, extending it to Wednesday would not really change anything.

In your case then, if we were to increase voting days, I'm saying your ideal schedule would be Tuesday-Thursday. In your ideal schedule, characters would be revealed Monday night or Tuesday. Therefore, you could draw Tuesday-Monday, but only submit your finished piece Friday-Monday, which should be no big deal.

Again, extending the voting to 3 days, no matter when the voting days are, has pretty much no disadvantages over 2 days of voting, aside from us just wanting to keep it 2 days.

Seeing as how we've pretty much adopted Monday-Tuesday voting days, my proposal was simply to increase it to Wednesday, which should not hinder anyone since characters are revealed Sunday night/Monday/whenever Zook feels like it :p

As far as arguing for Tuesday-Wednesday over Monday-Tuesday, it seems to be a majority rules thing, and we seemingly do not have many artists who start late in the week and finish up early in the week.
ok im not trying to be mean but pay attention this time ok?

i never proposed a schedule. what i did was suggest that people say what days they dont want to vote on because it would be a little easier to find middle ground. In any other situation where i mentioned days, i was using random examples.

the current schedule is mon-tues and adding weds wouldn't make a difference. however if you recall i said 3 days was superfluous and if we are going to include weds then why not tues-weds.

Again, extending the voting to 3 days, no matter when the voting days are, has pretty much no advantages over 2 days of voting, aside from us just wanting tomake it 3 days.
for some strange reason you have always been in favor of long voting periods

ok now here is the part where i try to make sence of everything you said!

-you want longer voting periods to draw more attention
-drawing more attention this thread won't bring in more artists
- since this thread wont get any more artist we'll look at the now instead of the future
- people who either start on the weekends and finish early int the week or people who dont draw on the weekend becauser they actually have more things to do since they dont have schol are out of luck

a couple thingsin there are a bit unrealistic don't you think?

since the scedule has been decided dont bother responding to this, just read.

Mit

Smash Ace
You bet I'm responding ;)

Anyhow, I'm not even trying to argue, my last post was me legitimately trying to figure out what you were talking about.

i never proposed a schedule. what i did was suggest that people say what days they dont want to vote on because it would be a little easier to find middle ground. In any other situation where i mentioned days, i was using random examples.
Good to know. I'm sorry, but your method of speaking/typing whatever on the internet did not make this clear.

the current schedule is mon-tues and adding weds wouldn't make a difference. however if you recall i said 3 days was superfluous and if we are going to include weds then why not tues-weds.
And I went over why most are in favor of Monday.

Again, extending the voting to 3 days, no matter when the voting days are, has pretty much no advantages over 2 days of voting, aside from us just wanting tomake it 3 days.
for some strange reason you have always been in favor of long voting periods
Again, I went over why, I'll restate them next.

-you want longer voting periods to draw more attention
-drawing more attention this thread won't bring in more artists
- since this thread wont get any more artist we'll look at the now instead of the future
- people who either start on the weekends and finish early int the week or people who dont draw on the weekend becauser they actually have more things to do since they dont have schol are out of luck
First off: way to be optimistic. [/sarcasm] I, and I think others would agree that there are likely plenty of more people across all of Smashboards who would be interested and participate in DWYP. Drawing more attention to the thread, which means getting more people to be aware of it, is exactly how you find those people.

Anyhow, I guess in the very beginning I was wrong for responding to you at all because my original point did get across, adding 3 votings days doesn't change the schedule really, and IMO, would help the thread out and get more people to participate (we would just have to make it more obvious that characters are actually revealed when the voting period begins).

You, however, were simply arguing over including Monday as a submission day. That matter seems to only affect a couple people and I don't think most people, unfortunately, care about those couple people. I don't really understand how much it would help though. If you start late in the week, but finish early, all you need to do instead is start early in the week, take a break, and finish up late in the week. It doesn't seem like it should be that big of a deal.

Those of us who want Monday as the starting day of the week, is because a lot of us like to start drawing Monday. Now that it's summer for me it doesn't matter as much, but when I had classes, they'd begin Monday. I could doodle during classes and come up with ideas for my piece throughout the week, then utilize the weekend to really put some time into it and finish it. I assume this is how it is for most people, and why most suggested a Monday-Tuesday voting schedule.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Great to know this awesome thead is returning :) I like what was don the the archive for the Yoshi pics, could that be done for every character?

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Back and um wow what happened to this place? o___o;

Well here is somthing I made today. I saw Zook said Mario but I guess it's not quite time yet. This isn't Mario enough I'm thinking anyway.
I'll put something more specific when it's really time to start.

Cookie if ya get the reference. lol

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I say we make the cookie award official. If you guess the character of the week correctly, you get the honorary cookie award and get your name under the character of the week.

e.g.

Character: __________
Honorary Cookie Award: ___________

Contest Winners:
Hand Drawn: _________
Digital: __________
etc
etc
etc

I'll be able to draw in the up coming weeks once summer starts, so expect me to toonify this place with my comic characters :-P

Top Bottom