• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragonball: Evolution Trailer (More like Suckolution Failure)

Puddin

Smash Lord
It would be a lot easier if you could provide a Text List, rather than a picture but I'll do my best.

Roshi likes Women: So do I, can I play Roshi in this film?
Flying:...
Gokue wears an orange gi, and a blue gi: Gokue.
Goku does not have a tail: But he has Spikey hair...that counts for something, right fans?
Piccolo is green: This minor detail is what made Dragonball great.
Tournament: Who...who wrote this list?

So, in an obvious attempt to make the similarities outweigh the differences they picked the irrelevant minor details that they could find. Like Tournament, Piccolo is Green, and Gokue.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
No.. mortal kombat is the worst piece of trash ever.
Ok. That is debatable. While the movie did suck pretty hard, its one of those movies where it's so bad, its funny. I'm not going to lie to you, I own both, and I whip them out on occasion just for a laugh. (dont judge my movie taste based on this lol). But seriously, there are far worse movies. Besides I think MK has cult following or something

Aesir

Smash Master
It would be a lot easier if you could provide a Text List, rather than a picture but I'll do my best.

Roshi likes Women: So do I, can I play Roshi in this film?
Flying:...
Gokue wears an orange gi, and a blue gi: Gokue.
Goku does not have a tail: But he has Spikey hair...that counts for something, right fans?
Piccolo is green: This minor detail is what made Dragonball great.
Tournament: Who...who wrote this list?
This is what I call closed off cynicism, are you so hell bent on this sucking you're completely blind to anything positive? it would appear so.

So, in an obvious attempt to make the similarities outweigh the differences they picked the irrelevant minor details that they could find. Like Tournament, Piccolo is Green, and Gokue.
And all those criticisms naysayers had to say carry so much more weight? yeah okay.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Puddin is kinda right though.. It looks like they used every single similarity to make it sound not so sucky.
I mean, piccolo NOT green? That would be a f*cking insult. Of course that b*stard has to be green!

They should have added "Goku looks like a human" too, so fans don't get confused

Aesir

Smash Master
Puddin is kinda right though.. It looks like they used every single similarity to make it sound not so sucky.
I mean, piccolo NOT green? That would be a f*cking insult. Of course that b*stard has to be green!
Not really because anyone who's been watching the development of this movie will tell you the first images of piccolo he was more yellowish than green.

All those similarities are things that were being disputed amount fans because of early screen shots and rumors.

Aesir

Smash Master
^ Did I mention trigger happy?
Lol.

Gee I wish I had your perceptive powers from just watching a trailer.

Translation: there's no footage to suggest she's trigger happy as that would be something you would conclude after watching a movie.

As far as I can tell you're not Eor so you can't time travel.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Dude, liiisten for a sec.

And look at her. Come on! She looks like she comes from Charlie's Angels. I know that you want this movie not to suck, and I'm not bashing it in any way, I was just saying that logical personalities and events in the ORIGINAL saga won't apply to this movie.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Bulma had guns a few times in Dragonball. In fact first time she met Goku if I remember correctly she shot him in the head, except it just hurt him. Although that may have been a movie. It's been a long time since I saw all of Dragonball... must have been like 12 years ago. haha

Aesir

Smash Master

Because Bulma clearly doesn't over react and go trigger happy.

Plenty of other examples from the manga if I remember correctly =\

edit:

I believe this was a volume cover at one point too.

Sorry but you failed this time Skrah lol

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Yeah hahaha. Aesir kind of pwned that one. Either way, you are nitpicking the tiny details. In the end this movie follows Dragonball a good 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

Aesir

Smash Master
I think for now on if you're going to bring up points you have to read the manga.

>_>; Because Not gonna lie I'm not bringing up manga scans to prove a point I shouldn't have to. as much as I love rubbing things in it's to much effort.

Aesir

Smash Master
you guys are so evil.

All this dragonball talk makes me wanna re-read the manga, don't make me do it I ****ing will. You don't want to re-awaken my vastness of dragonball knowledge I will blow your ****ing mind away.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One of the similarities said "Mai works for Piccolo".

Mai never worked for Piccolo

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
"Hey Dragonball fans, you'll be pleased to know that we've taken the storyline of your favorite anime and ****ed with it, and now we're releasing it as a live-action movie!"

"THEN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO DIIIIIIE"

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Arguably, how is Gohan stronger than Goku? Even in DBZ? Gohan could never reach SSJ3. Actually nobody could except for Gotenks, which is "fused". So for DBZ the strongest SHOULD be Goku don't you think?

Aesir

Smash Master
Arguably, how is Gohan stronger than Goku? Even in DBZ? Gohan could never reach SSJ3. Actually nobody could except for Gotenks, which is "fused". So for DBZ the strongest SHOULD be Goku don't you think?
Because Mystic Gohan > SSJ3 Goku.

ssj3 Goku had immense problems with Kid Buu which is significantly weaker than Super Buu. The same Super Buu That Gohan whooped with relative ease.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently Gohon had the potential to become stronger, but because of his mother he never reached that potential.

Was Goku only Super Saiyan 4 (or was there a 5?) fused? I don't remember...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wasn't Kid Buu his true form?

Super Buu was just the evil side of Majin Buu when he absorbed Majin Buu...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
He was the strongessssssssssssssst. Manga or it didn't happen.
Nah.

Kid Buu was weaker than Super Buu+, but SB had a sense on honor and sympathy as a result of containing Fat Buu.

Kid Buu, however, didn't have any sanity whatsoever, so he went all out without any thought.

that, and also I believe Goku said he could beat kid at full power, but he and vegeta would be destroyed if they took on SB together.

Aesir

Smash Master
He was the strongessssssssssssssst. Manga or it didn't happen.

^

They look awefully confident for a guy who's suppose to be stronger...>_>

^ clearly they thought super buu was to much for them.

buff buu the buu that appeared right after they severed fat buu for super buu, his power rose, because that's the buu that absorbed one of the five supreme kais. But after that he reverted to his original form which is the most dangerous but no where near more powerful then super buu.

The Kai also said when the fat kai was absorbed buu got weaker, however this is only the fat majin buu who was the weaker version. Anyone will tell you that super buu is the strongest base form of buu, because the evil is suppressing the good.

After fat buu was severed though all the good left him and reverted to his weaker and insane form.

Not only that it's common sense.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh, Kid Buu is still my favorite form...

I like playing him in Boduki tenkaichi...

Top Bottom