• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragonball: Evolution Trailer (More like Suckolution Failure)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I have to agree with Vorguen. Kid Buu was the strongest character in Dragonball Z. In the manga/episodes, he fought Goku SSJ3, Pikhan, Vegeta SSJ2, and Majin Buu. Furthermore, after that he reflected the biggest Spirit Bomb I've ever seen on the show. It was only because Goku cheated by getting his SSJ3 fully re-energized that the universe was saved.

Speaking of Pikhan, I miss him. He was sooooooo cool when he pwned King Cold, Cell, and Frieza like they were nothing. ^^

Aesir

Smash Master
I have to agree with Vorguen. Kid Buu was the strongest character in Dragonball Z. In the manga/episodes, he fought Goku SSJ3, Pikhan, Vegeta SSJ2, and Majin Buu. Furthermore, after that he reflected the biggest Spirit Bomb I've ever seen on the show. It was only because Goku cheated by getting his SSJ3 fully re-energized that the universe was saved.
Unless I'm mistaken he never faced these people. He only faced Vegita, and Goku. THere was a brief moment where he faced mr.buu who is much weaker then majin buu.

So no your comparison is wrong Kid Buu < Super Buu.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Unless I'm mistaken he never faced these people. He only faced Vegita, and Goku. THere was a brief moment where he faced mr.buu who is much weaker then majin buu.

So no your comparison is wrong Kid Buu < Super Buu.
He's not wrong, just inaccurate... If I remember correctly (in the anime at least), Goku did briefly fight Kid Buu as SSJ3. And still wasn't able to do much but lose with style; his briefly using SSJ3 had no effect on the fight.

But, since he never fought Super Buu that way, it doesn't matter. Everyone Super Buu faced off against was stronger than everyone Kid Buu fought, but he fought everyone in such a way that it's kind of inconclusive (everyone he lost against was ridiculously powerful, and everyone he was beating was someone who was much weaker anyway).

In any case, I'm pretty sure you're right, Super Buu is stronger than Kid Buu.

The Max is Back

Smash Cadet
Well, it's more like devolution if you ask me. But yeah, they completly changed the entire franchise around until the final product ressembled nothing compared to the original. They made the dragonballs sound like an ancient curse!

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman

Speaking of Pikhan, I miss him. He was sooooooo cool when he pwned King Cold, Cell, and Frieza like they were nothing. ^^
Two things you missed here: First, Super Saiyan 3 Goku could have destroyed Kid Buu if he hadn't run out of energy (by his own word), but he was afraid of Super Buu. Second, Super Buu stated that he was the strongest Buu of time (yes he actually said it) after absorbing Gotenks. Then went and sucked up Mystic Gohan and got even stronger. I think it's pretty obvious that Super Buu is more powerful. Unless you think that Kid Buu is stronger than Super Buu and Mystic Gohan COMBINED (yeah, I don't think so). If Goku was afraid to fight Super Buu/Gohan, and Kid Buu was even stronger, Goku wouldn't have been able to put up a fight at all, even at Super Saiyan 3. Mystic Gohan alone is already more powerful than Goku Super Saiyan 3 (otherwise they wouldn't have wasted so much time powering him up, and just sent Goku back instead after bringing him back to life).

Aesir

Smash Master
Gohan is the strongest non-fused character in the series /discussion lol.

He was able to just toy with buu like he was nothing, I'm also pretty sure the reason why Gohan got wrecked by gotenks buu is because not only did he have the power to rival Gohan he also had the smarts of piccolo, not to mention the two people who knew gohans style by heart (goten and piccolo) were apart of buu.

So when someone knows how you fight and can match your power it's pretty hard to not get wrecked.

bob-charley

Smash Apprentice
I've heard it theorized that Kid Buu is actually weaker than Super Buu, in terms of raw power. What makes him more dangerous is his ruthlessness, the savage way he fights. Super Buu exercises a bit of restraint, because he seems to enjoy fighting. Kid Buu, on the other hand, gives no quarter. He doesn't enjoy fighting, he enjoys killing. Fighting is just a means to an end for him, and he wants to get it over with as soon as possible so he can get to the good part.

On topic, I've stopped looking at DB: Evolution as an adaptation. It's clearly mangled the story beyond recognition. At this point, I'm just looking for a decent movie. It might be a sucky adaptation, but it's looking like it'll at the very least be fun to watch.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I just don't want to believe Gohan was stronger than Goku. So you are saying Gohan could still go Super Saiyan and be even stronger?

I always figured all his power was unleashed and going super saiyan would do nothing more than change his hair color.

M@v

Subarashii!
I just don't want to believe Gohan was stronger than Goku. So you are saying Gohan could still go Super Saiyan and be even stronger?

I always figured all his power was unleashed and going super saiyan would do nothing more than change his hair color.
Thats true. When he turns into mystic gohan he doesn't need SSJ anymore. This is where one of Dragonball GT's main flaws lies: Gohan goes SSJ frequently in GT, even though its supposed to do absolutely nothing for him.

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
i didn't care for the series after the cell saga, it had become too repetitive. ss3, goku reviving again, making gohan weak to center the series on goku and vegeta, giving gohan mystic powers like on namek, still having uber enemies despite kids like trunks being able to destroy the earth, introducing even more kamis/kais, having a villian join the main cast after every arc. its all been done, the series lasted a long time, and i'm glad it ended while i still liked the characters (besides hercule).

on a more relevant note, i expect this movie to be like Elektra in that they just pull character names and bits of background while ignoring the series in order for it all to fit the script of a generic kung fu movie. although people actually like this series. if it has decent fight scenes, i might rent it.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Hence why I'm going to see it for the LULZ
No. Seriously, that's how the movie is banking on making profit: everyone will see it just because they want to see how bad it is. Don't, you're falling into their plan. Honestly, wait til you can see it for free

wtflove

Smash Cadet
I'm not the one paying to go see it. :| My friend says she'll treat me to go see a movie, so I'll go see a movie.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
k, then you're off the hook, but you should tell your friend to watch a different movie.

wtflove

Smash Cadet
If my friend finds bliss watching Twilight (Which I had accompanied her to go see, again for LULZ), then I think she will enjoy Dragonball: Evolution

Puddin

Smash Lord
I'm going to blow this up if it ends up being a good movie.
I'm going to use the new Street Fighter movie as a reference point, let's see how that Fighting Game/Animu gone movie goes and then we should get a pretty good idea of how this movie will turn out.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to blow this up if it ends up being a good movie.
If this ends up being a good movie, I'm going to destroy the entire planet. Then I'll wish it back into existence and blow it up a second time.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Hannah montana has a fan base of little girls who don't know better. Dragonball has a fan base of older people who can use common sense and see that this movie isn't worth their money. Don't go. Seriously, don't give them you're money.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I can't help it though. I'm going to go, and to the premiere if it comes out. Just because they titled Dragonball out of respect I am forced to at least give it a try, then I can hate it for the rest of my life.

Let me rephrase that, I already hate it.

Top Bottom