• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Out of all the characters to come back Dr. Mario was the least likely besides Pichu, and somehow he did it. Amazing.

Now lets travel into the past and leak the fact that a Melee vet that got cut returns, and watch the chaos ensue. Oh wait, it already is, sad day for Mewtwo and Roy fans, sad day.

Dr. Mario thoo..... we finally get a Mario w/o Fludd this guy is the real Mario the one I used to play in Melee thank god hes here.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Amazing. This was one of those characters that I always wanted back but just never expected.

Yet, at this moment everything is perfectly lining up to his eventual confirmation. I cannot wait to see him in gameplay, and I hope his forward-air, back-air, neutral-air and down-special return exactly from Melee.

I do believe this leak, but I'll try to tone down any hype just on the off-chance that something crazy happens and we don't see Doc. Still, I'm looking forward to a future where I can fight against you Doc mains in Smash 4!

Last edited:

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
One of my favorite characters from Melee is returning, hype! I seriously hope that they make him somewhat different than Mario, he'd better not have Fludd, and I hope to God that he has a new FInal Smash.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I would've preferred him as an alternate costume but whatever, I'll be very pleased if he's a vastly different character, like, I can't imagine him using FLUDD. Imagine if Paper Mario was also added to the roster and he was a clone too!

I'm surprised Sakurai didn't give Wire Frame Mac and the Male Wii Fit trainer their own slots as well XD.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Congrats to his fans.

I'm not overly charismatic that he made the cut, really could care less.

However he does get down played often, i'd like to see him more in other mario titles like mario kart.

The Dr. Mario games are pretty popular... like older relatives in my family have played it.

It's one of the few original game boy games I owned.

Dr. Mario, Game & Watch are like game boy reps imo.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Melee hype!! We got Doc....now we wait for Mewtwo....
(As you can see, I'm subbing Doc...just like I did in Melee! XD Can't wait to play him again! It's been too long since my last checkup. :3)

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Melee hype!! We got Doc....now we wait for Mewtwo....
(As you can see, I'm subbing Doc...just like I did in Melee! XD Can't wait to play him again! It's been too long since my last checkup. :3)
I'm feeling that brother.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Congratulations, Dr. Mario fans! I never cared a lot about him, but I am glad the leak is real for different reasons.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Ya'll better watch out cuz this mofo is BACK

Sakurai saw justice served and brought back the best alt color Smash has ever had by bringing back Melee's best character.

Truly, we are blessed.

Last edited:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
So... how is it even possible that Dr. Mario could get an alternate costume? If the rumors are true, then each character will have 8 colors / outfits total, so will Dr. Mario just get 8 different shades of the same outfit? I'll probably just play as the black one all the time again, anyway.

Maybe for his final smash, he could do like in Dr. Mario where you could make pieces fall in the other player's bottle? Except it would be just random pill pieces dropping all over the stage. Not really sure how effective that could be, unless they dealt a lot of damage to other players.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
So... how is it even possible that Dr. Mario could get an alternate costume? If the rumors are true, then each character will have 8 colors / outfits total, so will Dr. Mario just get 8 different shades of the same outfit? I'll probably just play as the black one all the time again, anyway.

Maybe for his final smash, he could do like in Dr. Mario where you could make pieces fall in the other player's bottle? Except it would be just random pill pieces dropping all over the stage. Not really sure how effective that could be, unless they dealt a lot of damage to other players.
Well, we have five normal colors...
Perhaps he'll get a Mario costume? :troll:

spd12

Smash Cadet
NNID
PinkDodecahedron
3DS FC
0104-0418-0459
After Brawl came out and seeing how Lucario had a mechanic tied to how much damage he took, I told a friend...

"Dr. Mario really would've been awesome if he encompassed the puzzle game aspects more, like how the pieces fall faster as time goes on. Like, if he started as really floaty and his pills were slow on a fresh stock, but as he took more damage, he'd both fall faster but his pills would also go really fast."

Since it looks like we're having the Doc back, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this may be the case with him! Sakurai has really impressed me with quite a few of the newcomer play designs this go-around. Even if he ends up just a clone of Mario with a few changes, having this sort of effect might be really fun to play with.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Im not sure if he will make the cut being like the King of clones.... but....he was my second in melee and i really REALLY miss his deadly Fair and his forward smash.... not to mention his comboing potential.

Loved to get close and personal with the doc.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Im not sure if he will make the cut being like the King of clones.... but....he was my second in melee and i really REALLY miss his deadly Fair and his forward smash.... not to mention his comboing potential.

Loved to get close and personal with the doc.
Got good news for ya.

Megamaw

Smash Rookie
But that wasnt regarded as fake? or he is in forreal?
There was recent video footage of the leak. Not only did it look convincing as hell, but still images were also given by the leaker, and Nintendo took down the videos.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Well it looks pretty real if yo ask me. I have read the debinkd theories... but im pretty sure those leaks are legit...after seeing the videos with ganon and Shulk... im sure those ones are legit.

and dat docc from the video......... magaddddd

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
But that wasnt regarded as fake? or he is in forreal?
It is real. If the video footage wasn't enough, the PotD showed some new information that was present in some of the leaked screens.

SonicN64

Banned via Warnings
Guys, I thought of a moveset for Dr Mario so he can't be a clone of Mario. Here it is: B special: While able to throw pills like in melee, he'll sometimes throw those virus creatures from his game at his opponents. The virus creatures will stick on his opponents for some time while causing some damage. The damage from the virus creatures will keeping doing two damage points each second for 12 seconds. Causing at least 24% damage points.

2.Up special: Has a higher Uppercut than Mario while not higher than Luigi.

People might complain about this, but this is true. Dr Mario needs a better uppercut. His uppercut in Melee was horrible. It can't even help you when you get thrown off the stage. Even, Ganondorf upper special was better! But in Smash Bros 4, it can be changed.

Side special: Cape spin

Similar to Mario cape move, Dr Mario will use his cape. But, instead of flapping it like Mario, Dr Mario will spin around fast with cape. Not only that, it can reflect projectiles. Also, anyone who get attacked by this move will get electriced and receive 46% damage points.

Down special: Head rush.

Dr Mario will headbutt his enemy like a bull. Also, if you hold down the down special, you can charge his attack. Longer you hold the special, more powerful the move becomes.

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
This leak is bittersweet for me. On one hand, i'm bummed out that Ice Climbers and Wolf are most likely gone. On the other hand, I am ecstatic that my main from Melee is returning!

Finally, The Doc HAS COME BACK... to Super Smash Brothers!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Guys, I thought of a moveset for Dr Mario so he can't be a clone of Mario. Here it is: B special: While able to throw pills like in melee, he'll sometimes throw those virus creatures from his game at his opponents. The virus creatures will stick on his opponents for some time while causing some damage. The damage from the virus creatures will keeping doing two damage points each second for 12 seconds. Causing at least 24% damage points.

2.Up special: Has a higher Uppercut than Mario while not higher than Luigi.

People might complain about this, but this is true. Dr Mario needs a better uppercut. His uppercut in Melee was horrible. It can't even help you when you get thrown off the stage. Even, Ganondorf upper special was better! But in Smash Bros 4, it can be changed.

Side special: Cape spin

Similar to Mario cape move, Dr Mario will use his cape. But, instead of flapping it like Mario, Dr Mario will spin around fast with cape. Not only that, it can reflect projectiles. Also, anyone who get attacked by this move will get electriced and receive 46% damage points.

Down special: Head rush.

Dr Mario will headbutt his enemy like a bull. Also, if you hold down the down special, you can charge his attack. Longer you hold the special, more powerful the move becomes.
46% damage from one attack?
you're kidding, right?

SonicN64

Banned via Warnings
Remarkably so. Little Mac's KO Uppercut does a little less than 40% and it's been touted as the most powerful non-Final Smash attack in the game. :p
Hmmm....didn't know about that. I just thought it okay for Dr Mario side special to be powerful, since he's basically a stronger version of Mario.:ohwell:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Hmmm....didn't know about that. I just thought it okay for Dr Mario side special to be powerful, since he's basically a stronger version of Mario.:ohwell:
For comparison, in Melee Mario's cape does 10% and Doc's does 12%. 46% is ridiculously OP.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Out of all the characters to come back Dr. Mario was the least likely besides Pichu, and somehow he did it. Amazing.

Now lets travel into the past and leak the fact that a Melee vet that got cut returns, and watch the chaos ensue. Oh wait, it already is, sad day for Mewtwo and Roy fans, sad day.

Dr. Mario thoo..... we finally get a Mario w/o Fludd this guy is the real Mario the one I used to play in Melee thank god hes here.
This is about to make everybody mad, but I have to point this out to clear the misconceptions already being developed here:

• Dr. Mario is historically significant to the Nintendo universe, and his series includes very well-recognized (not necessarily good, just well-recognized) puzzle games, second only to Tetris.
  • Dr. Mario is different enough from Mario (especially now, since he probably won't be using F.L.U.D.D.) to deserve his own slot. Sakurai said something similar about Lucina. His clone status (more literal than other clones) didn't hurt his chances, but it's understood that Sakurai led almost everyone to believe that only unique characters would appear this time.
  • Dr. Mario had data on Brawl's disc. Roy did too, but Roy is bad. Very bad, and so severely unpopular that it would hurt Smash Bros. to put him back in lol (especially now that we have Lucina and Robin).
  • Mewtwo still has a shot, I shouldn't have to explain why unless you ask (tl;dr - given two Mega Evolutions in X/Y, almost as popular as Lucario or Pikachu, had data on Brawl's disc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom