• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Light Capsule - Video and Critique Thread

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
@Kronos2560 - good stuff. You seem to pick up the MB with air dodge (shield) when you could be picking it up with grab and not air dodging. It should help speed up your item MB game.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Can we get the OP set up with a directory of what characters these matches are set up with?

For Example:
VS.:4diddy:
NinjaLink vs Player-1 Game 1 (URL)
NinjaLink vs Player-1 Game 2 (URL)
SSGuy vs MonkeyMan69 Full Set (URL)

VS. :rosalina:
SSGuy vs iiGGYxd Full Set (URL)

What do you think? (I would also like to learn how to name the spoilers tags)

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Kismet against that Diddy was a great set to watch. He is real good. He had some serious SH lemons

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Kismet has such a unique mega man, very aggressive. I haven't seen many of those combos.

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
if kismet keeps doing this good, i can easily name him as top 3 along with zucco and ninjalink

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I didnt really see him fight anyone challenging and alot of those werent legit combos. The fact that i saw him do fair to uair on sheik is questionable. Any sheik mashing would just hit him out of it.

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
tbh that first video of kismet vs falcon/sheik really only showed that his oponnent didnt had a clue how to fight megaman, the video against reflex was better though

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
Ok so it has been some time since i posted any videos here so here i have some, excuse me for the extremely bad quality(the struggle is real lol):
-Chrono (:4megaman:) vs Gyo (:4rob:)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8EVGnnFXDw
-Chrono (:4megaman:) vs Gyo (:4rob:)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdiAGidVEfM
-Chrono (:4megaman:) vs Gyo (:4rob:)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkZyjQe9pRQ

This is a top 8 set of an online tourney i played today, my opponent was Gyo, an extremely good rob player that some would recognized from the tloc streams.

P.S:any type of advice or feedback would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Ok so it has been some time since i posted any videos here so here i have some, excuse me for the extremely bad quality(the struggle is real lol):

This is a top 8 set of an online tourney i played today, my opponent was Gyo, an extremely good rob player that some would recognized from the tloc streams.

Seems like you did pretty well, you adapted a lot after that first match.
Skull barrier tho, i wouldn't activate it when on the air, unless if the opponent was far away.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
I'd suggest recording from the Game Pad screen instead of the television screen. It was hard to follow what was happening at times.

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman

wow gyo from tloc. he's really good. i see him all the time in tloc tourny. you did pretty good at picking up his gameplay and predicting his projectiles. it was great how you skull barrier when you needed to.

i noticed 2 times you skull barriered from the air. is it a habit? rob punished you for that. also, i feel like you gotta respect rob when hes below you as you are trying to recover. his up air is nasty and covers alot of hitbox. maybe space him as you are recovering, or make a read and flame sword.

kudos to you for using beat. i really like that bird. it helps you go deep and make recoveries that would be impossible with rush. i dont get why alot of ppl hate beat. maybe its cuz they are using beat like rush? i like how you can throw out danger wrap, then recover with beat, your opp thinks they edgeguard you, but then danger wrap sneaks in

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I didnt really see him fight anyone challenging and alot of those werent legit combos. The fact that i saw him do fair to uair on sheik is questionable. Any sheik mashing would just hit him out of it.
If anything you can escape full hop Nair's with a really fast Nair. Which over half of the roster has. It will give you a ton of mileage in scenario's where the opponent is unsure how to handle it but it is not guaranteed.

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
Seems like you did pretty well, you adapted a lot after that first match.
Skull barrier tho, i wouldn't activate it when on the air, unless if the opponent was far away.
Yeah i rewatched the games and i got punished hard for using skull barrier on the air, i'll keep that in mind next time.

I'd suggest recording from the Game Pad screen instead of the television screen. It was hard to follow what was happening at times.
I guess i'll try that next time, i'm really sorry for the quality of the videos.

wow gyo from tloc. he's really good. i see him all the time in tloc tourny. you did pretty good at picking up his gameplay and predicting his projectiles. it was great how you skull barrier when you needed to.

i noticed 2 times you skull barriered from the air. is it a habit? rob punished you for that. also, i feel like you gotta respect rob when hes below you as you are trying to recover. his up air is nasty and covers alot of hitbox. maybe space him as you are recovering, or make a read and flame sword.

kudos to you for using beat. i really like that bird. it helps you go deep and make recoveries that would be impossible with rush. i dont get why alot of ppl hate beat. maybe its cuz they are using beat like rush? i like how you can throw out danger wrap, then recover with beat, your opp thinks they edgeguard you, but then danger wrap sneaks in
Since i have played some robs before i noticed that almost all the time when they are away from you they go for the gyro and the laser so i just spamed skull barrier.

I guess you can call it a habit since i like using the other downbs when i'm on the air.

tbh i don't know why so much people say it's the worst of the up-bs, i get that it's slow but you can mixup you recovery, you can go so deep with beat.

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Doubles tournament yesterday, and the very first time I've been in a doubles tournament. My partner as a Diddy player, and this was a ranbats/ranking battle season so we're likely going to partner up again for the rest of the season. I switched to Palutena in two games, and it was probably not the best idea. Custom moves were used

http://www.twitch.tv/gamingzoneaz/b/645814173 starts at 1:02:46, every single game we played was on stream and I think it continued onwards until we lost the 4th game. Forgive me if I'm wrong. Might be really hard to critique a doubles set, but if you got any tips for us it'd be cool.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Can we get the OP set up with a directory of what characters these matches are set up with?

What do you think? (I would also like to learn how to name the spoilers tags)
Been hoping to do that for a while now, but no one has seemed interested in labeling things...

The minimum I would say: Characters, Players, Custom On/Off (and the set used if possible), and the Date.

If you tag me or Yink we can easily add them to the OP as we don't always view this thread in our daily rounds.

Would also like to add some people's YT/Twitch channels if they regularly have matches, guides, or combo videos.

EDIT: Crashboards and spoiler tags. >_<

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
More of a question than, "Hey, awesome Mega Man video", but is there a user here named PDude? I tried tagging, but I don't think there is a PDude here and if there is, then PDude's running under a different tag. Anyway, from Anther's/Smash Ladder, PDude's Mega Man and Fox vs. RCM94's Falco: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r1b10kQZyQ. I seriously have no idea why that Falco used Falco Phantasm so much...

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
It's helpful to say which person you are in a ditto match :/
All I can say is do fewer aerials so close to the ground.
Sorry man, I am the Green and Yellow Mega, I am always that or Yellow and Black.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
I have such a hard time with the sheik matchup, any input would be great

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
More of a question than, "Hey, awesome Mega Man video", but is there a user here named PDude? I tried tagging, but I don't think there is a PDude here and if there is, then PDude's running under a different tag. Anyway, from Anther's/Smash Ladder, PDude's Mega Man and Fox vs. RCM94's Falco: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r1b10kQZyQ. I seriously have no idea why that Falco used Falco Phantasm so much...
Lol Pdude is in my area. @ ProtomanVX ProtomanVX get in here

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Need some advice on dealing with Wario. (Fast Bike/Charge) Caught me off guard and off game :/ Also have an Olimar match.

VS. :4olimar:

VS. :4wario:

Vote for Wonder Red

Last edited:

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Need some advice on dealing with Wario. (Fast Bike/Charge) Caught me off guard and off game :/ Also have an Olimar match.

VS. :4olimar:

VS. :4wario:

Vote for Wonder Red
Dam, i hate fighting wario as well i'd love to get some input as well!

PDude here. How can be be of service?
hey uuuuh can you help with my video?

also one more sorry to plug up this thread.

Ugh this matchup was rough

Last edited by a moderator:

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
The real question is: Was it actually an awesome Mega Man video?

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
hey uuuuh can you help with my video?

also one more sorry to plug up this thread.

Ugh this matchup was rough
Overall, I'd say that you play somewhat recklessly. You fish for some pretty big hits (Top Spin, Charge Shot, Spark Shock, Flame Blast, Mega Upper) and you usually get punished for them, but you also occasionally hit with them which nets you a KO or some good damage. I am envious as I almost never use dsmash and rarely go for utilt but sometimes you would throw those moves out when they wouldn't possible hit (so you didn't get punished for it). I'd think better use of your space and time could have been made in those moments.

I'd explore some of Mega Man's safer options without compromising your playstyle. Slash Claw, Flame Sword, grab game, and Pellets are, to me, Mega Man's bread and butter. You're already doing fine with Metal Blade but could stand to pick them up in alternative ways instead of directly picking them up or Top Spinning over them.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Overall, I'd say that you play somewhat recklessly. You fish for some pretty big hits (Top Spin, Charge Shot, Spark Shock, Flame Blast, Mega Upper) and you usually get punished for them, but you also occasionally hit with them which nets you a KO or some good damage. I am envious as I almost never use dsmash and rarely go for utilt but sometimes you would throw those moves out when they wouldn't possible hit (so you didn't get punished for it). I'd think better use of your space and time could have been made in those moments.

I'd explore some of Mega Man's safer options without compromising your playstyle. Slash Claw, Flame Sword, grab game, and Pellets are, to me, Mega Man's bread and butter. You're already doing fine with Metal Blade but could stand to pick them up in alternative ways instead of directly picking them up or Top Spinning over them.
When you say I can "pick up the Metal Blade in alternative ways" what other ways do you have in mind?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
For those who wanted to see mega man win a tournament, grand finals from versus is finally up!

Easily one of the craziest sets I've had the pleasure of being apart of! Share or comment if you enjoyed it!!
Any comments or critiques are greatly appreciated!

This match is between myself and 8Bitman in Grand Finals
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1uFY5WfNsqc

Drippy

Smash Ace
For those who wanted to see mega man win a tournament, grand finals from versus is finally up!

Easily one of the craziest sets I've had the pleasure of being apart of! Share or comment if you enjoyed it!!

First of all congratulations on your victory! I watched your first game and that was pretty intense, I'll probably be getting to the rest of the set soon.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227

Guess we should add "sticky grenade" to the list of alternate names for Crash Bomber lol. As a matter of fact, we need a list of alternate names people use for Megaman's moves XD.

Anyways, amazing set. Hype AF, seriously.

Kinda feel bad for all that ROB hate tho XD, and you really shouldn't have spoiled the winner for us , it would have been even more hype to watch.

Congratulations!

Last edited:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I understand, but "megaman wins a tourney" isn't a tagline that gets to be used often

people should follow vsgc on twitch, I compete there every Thursday night

Top Bottom