• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down South Jukin' - Melee's Revival - WABA-GAMES Duluth GA, Feb. 22!!!!

chaddd

Smash Lord
If melee is moved to saturday i can guarantee multiple people. if not, none of us can show up on a sunday. Brawl taking precedence over Melee is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.
Multiple people will be there whether you have johns or not.

Sunday is the Lord's day.

And He saw what He had done, and it was good. And so He sayeth: "Playeth Smasheth"

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Well it's Min's fault for shafting Melee into the sunday timeslot.

I don't see how it's our fault that Min put Melee on sunday and hurt attendance like that. No **** attendance is gonna blow. I went to the first 3 or so before I realized that sunday tournaments were not happening. Georgia has highschoolers that gotta get to bed and what not. Plus any waba regular mildly interested in smash would be there on saturday moreso than sunday. Before brawl when Melee was on saturday we had plenty of 20-25+ tournaments. I know Brawl hurt Melee attendance overall, but it's not like Min kept on hosting saturday tournaments and no people showed up. He purposely put Melee on the slower day. I am not saying for Min to sacrifice business and take out brawl and put melee in just for us, but there is really no reason for him not to have both on saturday.

I have yet to see any of Min's Brawl tournaments turn out like TO4.

i was talking about melee in general in georgia in the past 4-5 months, not just mins tournaments at all

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I hope this tourney turns out good although i wanna see some videos. Come on ga. Also looks like im moving to cali so just wanna say you guys have been great for the most part i met some great people you know who you are love you guys see you at some national tourney or at the next the greatest melee tourney since brawl came out. Btw for anyone who cares i got 17th in singles yesterday ya me lol. As for teams we got last but they were close games oh well

nicaboy

Smash Champion
No we never did i think lol thanks man now you get first here ok. Also im book with it they got a huge community out here so i love it.
Come ga **** face here i better see some crazy **** here

Jx31

Smash Ace
Good **** getting 17th at that large tournament Nica though, it's sad that you have to stay in Cali :(. Good luck with whatever you do with your life man.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I asked this before, but got no response:

Is anyone willing to house me Saturday night?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
The one in july? Ya i might go i gotta look into it. And thanks jeff i will see you again someday i will come visit ga for sure. As for it be a large tourney it had 42 people i don't know what that is considered but it was fun lol.
Sleep at mars place lol be careful he told me his mom is nuts xD

Zone

Smash Champion
Man I got work Monday, and I'm about 4hour drive away. I doubt I will be allowed to get that monday off from work. But I can ask my boss. Just for GAwes :p

When I was but a wee newb and he ***** my Zelda. I learned a many things.

Btw I play falcon fox marth Zelda now >.>;
I can play a pretty mean shiek to.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Okay. I'm going 100% to this on Sunday. Get f*ckin' HYPED. Can't wait to get wrecked by -everyone-

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Man I got work Monday, and I'm about 4hour drive away. I doubt I will be allowed to get that monday off from work. But I can ask my boss. Just for GAwes :p

When I was but a wee newb and he ***** my Zelda. I learned a many things.

Btw I play falcon fox marth Zelda now >.>;
I can play a pretty mean shiek to.
awesome man i need the shiek practice =)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I need some HAMMMMER MOUNTAINNNN

sorry Hugo from SF3 interrupted my post

I need some... um... combo video footage... BRINGIN DAT VCR SON

DOGY... COMIN FOR YOU!
WITH A MEAN GRIN
AND A SHOULDER LEAN
wait what

Zone

Smash Champion
awesome man i need the shiek practice =)
Sweet, Here's hoping to some hawt matches If I can make it:p
Cause I mean, lets be real.

Any move that makes a character instantly jump up 3 or 4 tiers is a ridiculously good move. Come on, man.
Rofl, Yeah I don't got wayyy too much left to learn with Zelda. But yeah.. I've never placed way too good with her in a tourney. My Zelda has done some pretty renowned things before. MY Zelda has taken a match off hungry's Jiggz, and has been only 1stocked by Eggz' fox, and 2stocked by m2k's Marth. Alpha was there he saw! My zelda went pretty even with Green MArio's Mario. and vs Dashizwiz well I got 3 socked :(, but only 1 stocked second round. I seem to only be able to get close but never the gold with really good players

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Sweet, Here's hoping to some hawt matches If I can make it:p

Rofl, Yeah I don't got wayyy too much left to learn with Zelda. But yeah.. I've never placed way too good with her in a tourney. My Zelda has done some pretty renowned things before. MY Zelda has taken a match off hungry's Jiggz, and has been only 1stocked by Eggz' fox, and 2stocked by m2k's Marth. Alpha was there he saw! My zelda went pretty even with Green MArio's Mario. and vs Dashizwiz well I got 3 socked :(, but only 1 stocked second round. I seem to only be able to get close but never the gold with really good players
Tis true I was a witness

Jx31

Smash Ace
Hey Alpha, I'm now trying to attend this tournament and I'm wondering if I could ride along with you. Hit me up on aim/phone/pm/respond in this thread please!

Top Bottom