• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Nair

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
This happened to me while training with Link only minutes ago. I was playing like normal, and I SHed and did a nair. I hit with the hitbox that does less knock back (mind you, the comp was at 60+%) and SHed again and Naired and it connected. This surprised me. It may or may not work against real opponents but it works at high percents just as well as low. BUT you can only do it when both of you are in the air (I think, I need to more tests and a vid later). It might be a true combo (I highly doubt it). And isn't this called buffering? I knew there was a term for doing this.... w/e.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAwhCLldVLM And yes it works on the ground.

Formula:
SH->Nair (less knockback)->SH->Nair (doesn't matter which hit box)

And if it works for Nair, it'll probably work for Fair also.

EDIT: And after some testing, it works at low percents when both Nairs do all knockback.

Comments? Trust me, I'll get a vid up ASAP, this happened like minutes ago.

ShieryuSilvr

Smash Apprentice
This happened to me while training with Link only minutes ago. I was playing like normal, and I SHed and did a nair. I hit with the hitbox that does less knock back (mind you, the comp was at 60+%) and SHed again and Naired and it connected. This surprised me. It may or may not work against real opponents but it works at high percents just as well as low. BUT you can only do it when both of you are in the air (I think, I need to more tests and a vid later). It might be a true combo (I highly doubt it). And isn't this called buffering? I knew there was a term for doing this.... w/e.

I'll have a video up later. And I'll test if it works on the ground.

Formula:
SH->Nair (less knockback)->SH->Nair (doesn't matter which hit box)

And if it works for Nair, it'll probably work for Fair also.

Comments? Trust me, I'll get a vid up ASAP, this happened like minutes ago.
Did you fastfall after the first SH nair? If so, then this might be a cool discovery :bee:

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
No if you FF the first Nair it won't work at all (or so I think). You have to take it easy when you're doing the technique or it might not work. But would it make a difference?

ShieryuSilvr

Smash Apprentice
No if you FF the first Nair it won't work at all (or so I think). You have to take it easy when you're doing the technique or it might not work. But would it make a difference?
Well, the fastfall makes Link's aerial game fast, so if it was to work the opponent wouldnt have too much time to react to the combo

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Yeah it works with FF. But pulling it off was tricky. It took me forever to get it on camera. =___= But I got some. Make sure to keep on checking YouTube because this will be up in atleast 10-15 minutes. >_o

sasook

Smash Champion
Hmm this is pretty cool. I like the one with only one jump, looks like it could be a setup for a jab lock.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
this is pretty awesome, possibly a staple combo? The problem is getting your opponent into the air. I saw that you used the Uthrow, but I don't know exactly how much hitstun there is on that throw. After thats figured out, this could be pretty awesome.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I know the set ups are a bit shakey but I can't seem to figure it out. But... what if we figured out how to use the Dtilt spike hit box on stage so it can combo into double Nair. The technique itself is pretty situational. Just seize an opportunity you see that looks viable enough to use the DN.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Wow, great find! Looks really useful, I can't wait until I use it against that Blu Link guy on our Wi-Fi match, he'll never see it coming!
...Wait.

Lol. Is it just me, or does it seem like the Link boards are making more and more discoveries as of late?

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Maybe. Oh and just to add something, one of my friends Atire said that some characters are too heavy (Fox) and others are too floaty to use it (Samus). He also says Link is just the right wait and FF to use this. :D

That wins.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Nice work. I usually just use one neutral air into something else, this might be good to try.

Deva

Smash Lord
Yeah, nice find, but I agree with Kalm. If I connect with a weak nair, I'd much rather link it to an u-tilt or something I can potentially combo off of.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Depends.....I might use this against characters with weak recoveries at the edge such as olimar.

I could see myself doing this to put him off stage for a free stock.

But I don't see whats so new...It looks like your full hoping not short hopping.

I've known for ages you can full hop a double Nair......Sure you got your info right?

Deva

Smash Lord
oh wait, I just watched the vid lol. This has been known since melee. In fact it was essential in melee. It's not as good in brawl but can be used occasionally. I thought you figured out my secret double nair trick lol. I'll keep that one hidden away in my Link vault a little longer =P.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
oh wait, I just watched the vid lol. This has been known since melee. In fact it was essential in melee. It's not as good in brawl but can be used occasionally. I thought you figured out my secret double nair trick lol. I'll keep that one hidden away in my Link vault a little longer =P.

Not this again...

tha_carter

Smash Ace
If he's anything like samus, he should be able to do two n-airs in one short hop. (one rising, one just before he reaches the ground).

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
lol Deva what else are you hiding from the Link community? Share the wealth, man. No need to be selfish....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eDM3JdLbPI

I mean, don't you care? :rotfl:

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
If he's anything like samus, he should be able to do two n-airs in one short hop. (one rising, one just before he reaches the ground).
That I noticed in many failed attempts at hitting with it (not doing it to nothing lol). But yeah Link should be able to do that too. But thanks everybody! And Deva, tell this new technique having to do with the Nair! D: We need it!

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Deva is right, this has been around. It is still useful to bring up though, I do not believe it has been documented. In one of Izaw's videos, maybe Linkaggedon or w/e he is doing several nairs on bowser to gimp him off the stage. Weak aerials are pretty awesome in brawl to the gimp value, you gotta be careful with gimping though since Link's less than average recovery.

Good find though, you used it in a lot of ways Izaw didn't, thus the video has a lot of merit.

Deva

Smash Lord
The only real use for nair is between combos or when you predict your opponent to air dodge or spot dodge. Nair has a constant hit box that stays out as long as you can see Link's foot in the attack animation. If you, for expample, u-tilt at lower %'s, short hop nair and if they air dodge after the u-tilt, the nair will hit after the air dodge ends and you can continue the combo.

And I guess I should tell you so Aerolink doest beat me down like a giant fish xD. But it isnt anything that cool lol. It was more of a joke. I thought he was talking about this double nair I occasionally do at 0% with a fast falled nair into the ground so it hits with the weak part of the attack into a short hop nair on a grounded opponent. Just like, 2 nairs in a row, and at low percents they can't shield the second one since they have the lag from the sliding away animation. It's not even that useful, and I rarely if ever use it. Sorry if I made it seem like a big deal lol.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
lol Deva I believe I put that in the vid. I'm not sure but I gotta go. :/ School bus. Later Link boards.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I love double Nair gimping off stage but I don't think I use it other than that...

Nair is great to set up other shinanigans though like said before. SH Nair (lovetap) > Utilt > SH Nair > something else > yadda yadda

Top Bottom