• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double C4 Explosion?

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Credit goes to Vurkyzo for uploading, and Jage for doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FtN4EhdKMs&feature=player_embedded

Description: "READ THIS:

Not really but I cant see the grenade anywhere, can you?
Looks like it just exploded like there was 2 C4's xD.

Is it because the C4 exploded randomly after the time limit and then at the same time, Jage pressed down-b?" - Vurkyzo

Didn't know if they were gonna post this or not, but I decided to. I guess this really isn't that much of a topic-worth post, but discuss. <3

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
the explosion does look like a nade but same as you i didnt see it.

double c4 explosion happened to me in december and when i asked here people like susa were confused. hopefully if this is a double c4 explosion we can find out how/why it does that.

Sake-Hato

Smash Apprentice
it was a nade even tho you cant see it i did not hear to explosions of C4 since c4 and nades sound different and the 2nd hit sounded like a nade.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
^Watch mine, you definitely hear two C4's going off. And isn't the damage more than it should be? I don't know if one C4 does 37% damage...

Sake-Hato

Smash Apprentice
yeah that knockback is from a C4 i wish we knew how to do it :(
someone figure this out >.<

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I mean the obvious explanation is you detonate it the same time it auto goes off. Kinda like when sometimes you try to detonate it but only hear the click because of the C4 already going off while you tried to detonate it, except this is probably the opposite situation.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
mines was more "separated" than yours kevin/bizkit(ksb) i was smashville and it blew up and then about half a second i pushed it and then a new explosion came in.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
It cant be that it was detonated just as it automatically explodes because in Kuros video he only places it on him shortly before detonating it. Not only that but when you actually do time it so that your start the detonation right after the explosion, there is only one explosion anyway.

Brawl is glitched! Been saying it for ages!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well in Kuro's video, it is an old c4 that starts off on Snake, passes to Falco, Falco passes it back to snake and finally its back on falco with the grab.

Vurky

k
NNID
Vurkyzo
Well in Kuro's video, it is an old c4 that starts off on Snake, passes to Falco, Falco passes it back to snake and finally its back on falco with the grab.
in my video.* ;)
He just made the discussion thread randomly, and its ok :)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Unless there is a reliable way to abuse this, there is going to no benefit for Snake at all. Still thought I have no ****ing idea what this is.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Naw Im jk but thats def 2 c4 explosions..makes you wonder...
Hmmm...yea, it really does. Well, I it looks like a grenade explosion, but just like everyone else I didn't see a grenade.
So let's say it was a Double C4 Explosion, can someone even explain that?

Even if we can't we need to figure out what happened in that vid that caused 2 explosions.

Underload

Lazy
Offtopic question that may prove to be relevant: How long do Snake's C4s stay in play before detonating by themselves? Is it something like 27 seconds?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
note the timing in bizkit's match. 26.5 seconds sounds about right to me.

press it when its gonna go off. the only question is, how much leeway do you have with it? the first vid looks like you've got quite a while... maybe 0.3 seconds or something.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Could it be in the video so that when Snake says Now, the C4 explodes on timer, then after, happens the initiated explosion?

Top Bottom