• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DotA 2: 6.83 patch, The International 5 on the way!

wezai

Smash Journeyman
Omg, Finally Templar Assassin! And she looks so freaking cool. Can't wait until she gets added into the main client to test her. :)

Vyke

Smash Champion
No idea where you saw NA at on the blog, I looked for it after you said something about it and saw nothing. Unless it's not on the official Dota 2 blog?

Even Cybrogmatt's Blog told us Templar Assassin would be the next hero. :p

Vyke

Smash Champion
Nyx doesn't have eyes, though. The guy in the Blog art does. Not to mention Cyborgmatt also put up most of the Nyx textures, etc on his blog. That thing doesn't look anything like NA.

Also I just realized, why the heck is Distruptor about to impale himself on a whole bunch of spikes?

wezai

Smash Journeyman
Nyx doesn't have eyes, though. The guy in the Blog art does. Not to mention Cyborgmatt also put up most of the Nyx textures, etc on his blog. That thing doesn't look anything like NA.

Also I just realized, why the heck is Distruptor about to impale himself on a whole bunch of spikes?
Check this out: http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2012/05/dota-2-unreleased-heroes-preview/#nyx-assassin8217s-concept-art

Keep in mind this was just the conceptual art, the final model could be very well what we see on Disruptor's image background. In fact, it does look very similar to its conceptual art.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Good to see that Ice Tiny's looking like it'll be added.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Definitely liking the pink effects to TA's abilities. I guess Valve think they have too much blue, purple and red in the game.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Check this out: http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2012/05/dota-2-unreleased-heroes-preview/#nyx-assassin8217s-concept-art

Keep in mind this was just the conceptual art, the final model could be very well what we see on Disruptor's image background. In fact, it does look very similar to its conceptual art.
Does it? All I can see looking similar is what might possibly be the horn, but even then, there are two eyes nowhere to be seen in the concept art.

It's not like I'm going to rule him out completely though. It definitely would explain why Disruptor and Axe are attacking spikes.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Wtf? Are you people some sort of silhouette expert brigade I'm not aware of? I had to squint and get really close to my screen to actually find out that those aren't eyes but the bottom of his helmet, haha.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
It really is his sister/girlfriend. It's ****ed up.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nerubian though is a Blizzard-created race, so they really can't use it wihtout copyright becoming an issue, hence the change to Nyx.

JaceComix

Smash Apprentice
What I like about the name changes is that the acronyms are staying the same. Still NA, still OD, etc

Also, Naga Siren is on the bottom right corner of this week's blog post...so...well...honestly who knows what the **** these signs mean after last week's patch.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Very nice Naga!
Gotta let the Chinese have a practice on her :)

Not a fan of the voice acting, expected a soft singing siren used to lure foolish sailors to their death.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I have finally discovered invoker and his glorious brokenness
Low to mid to high he is really good. But Highest he is outclassed by other heroes. (Dark seer, leshrac, lycan, prophet, chen, tide, brood, etc)

Low to mid level games its so easy to win with him its sad.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I love invoker. His spells are so much fun to steal as Rubick >: )

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Tornado is such a good support spell and cold snap is really strong early game. Plus having an escape (ghost walk) is really cool too. I think hes my new fav hero

Lovage

Smash Hero
yo is disruptor actually a decent pick/fills a good role?

he is my MANSSSS (but i wanna hear his weaknesses)

Cinbad

Smash Cadet
Disruptor is such a fun support. Pubs have no idea how to counter him. I'm sure he has a few mroe weaknesses, but here are the ones i can think of:
Becomes irrelevant towards the late game
Countered hard by blink dagger/forcestaff
Has crazy mana issues

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Disruptor is such a fun support. Pubs have no idea how to counter him. I'm sure he has a few mroe weaknesses, but here are the ones i can think of:

Countered hard by blink dagger/forcestaff
Just glimpse them away?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Its more an issue that you can get force staffed out of kinetic field, so you dont really have any reliable setup later.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Again, glympse them back in? He's at least got more options than say, Furion, or other heroes with blinkable CC.

EDIT: And picked up Ice Tiny today, huzzah!

Lovage

Smash Hero
yea glimpse is slow as hell, and field doesn't last longer than like 4 seconds iirc.

you can still do good setups with glimpse -> ult

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
You can, its just forcestaff hard counters it. Silence doesn't stop item usage.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Had an instance today of Naga throwing net with Furion teleporting away. He was caught, finished the half a second left of the TP and tele'd out. Intentional or not?

Top Bottom