• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DotA 2: 6.83 patch, The International 5 on the way!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
best fix in todays test patch

- Buying Aghanim's Scepter now upgrades the ability tooltip with the new information. If you find anything missing or incorrect, please report it to the tooltip forum.
- The store/inventory Aghanim's Scepter tooltip will now show a preview of what it does for your hero.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
How do you actually make those? can't find the button anywhere

Lovage

Smash Hero
dude i'm stoked to personalize/rank my hero select page lol

EDITTT:

clinkz/drow question

so this orb-walking ****, you're supposed to never autocast your spells but Q+click over and over for every attack?

this is pretty tough to do once you start getting high atk speed!!

is there any subtlety to this or is it just da microz

Rainbow

Smash Apprentice

EDITTT:

clinkz/drow question

so this orb-walking ****, you're supposed to never autocast your spells but Q+click over and over for every attack?

Nah, there are two definitions of orb walking; though they do involve casting the orbs effects rather than having them on auto.

The first is the original but is rarely used. Basically, auto attacking causes creeps to aggro on you. However, using orbs does not. Heroes with orbs can therefore attack enemy heroes without taking creep aggro.

The definition that is most often used, and what you are most likely thinking of, is synonymous with 'animation canceling'. Every hero has a bit of lag after an attack, much like in Smash. However, you can cancel this lag by moving right after you attack. Animation canceling is abusing this as a ranged hero to aid in chasing.

Drow can frost arrow, cancel the animation, move, frost arrow, cancel, move, etc. This is much better than just using frost arrows in place, or not canceling after frost arrowing and just following with the auto attack.

Here is a quick video. It's DotA 1 so it might be hard to see, but I'm sure you can find some other videos too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbgDcwi08Y0

Edit: Don't want to make another post but since this is my first time in this thread I'll introduce myself. Been playing DotA since DotA 1 and for about 3-4 years now. I'm 'the cat' on steam, message me if you want to play together.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

EDITTT:

clinkz/drow question

Orb walking is mostly important for the laning phase. However, it is good practice to manually cast them on Drow. However, on Clinkz after you have your orchid you are pretty much fine to leave it on autocast for two reasons. One you can supply the mana for it, and second you no longer have to worry about dragging creep harass that much.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Seeing my team throw game one like that makes me so sad :( but game 2 eg really outplayed aL.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
Nah, there are two definitions of orb walking; though they do involve casting the orbs effects rather than having them on auto.

The first is the original but is rarely used. Basically, auto attacking causes creeps to aggro on you. However, using orbs does not. Heroes with orbs can therefore attack enemy heroes without taking creep aggro.

The definition that is most often used, and what you are most likely thinking of, is synonymous with 'animation canceling'. Every hero has a bit of lag after an attack, much like in Smash. However, you can cancel this lag by moving right after you attack. Animation canceling is abusing this as a ranged hero to aid in chasing.

Drow can frost arrow, cancel the animation, move, frost arrow, cancel, move, etc. This is much better than just using frost arrows in place, or not canceling after frost arrowing and just following with the auto attack.

Here is a quick video. It's DotA 1 so it might be hard to see, but I'm sure you can find some other videos too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbgDcwi08Y0

Edit: Don't want to make another post but since this is my first time in this thread I'll introduce myself. Been playing DotA since DotA 1 and for about 3-4 years now. I'm 'the cat' on steam, message me if you want to play together.
orb walking [animation canceling] is just as important on melee heroes, too. it grabs you 2-3 extra attacks in cases where they are stunned or slowed

go mTw!!!

Rainbow

Smash Apprentice
orb walking [animation canceling] is just as important on melee heroes, too. it grabs you 2-3 extra attacks in cases where they are stunned or slowed

go mTw!!!

Yeah, I should have mentioned it's just a good habit on anyone. Also you can do it after casting spells too, not just attacking.

On a related note, I'm sort of rooting for mtw but deep down, they stand no chance.

Also, 'sup fellow Anarcho-pacifist.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I'm really rooting for mTw this game.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I think they outpicked, Na'vi needs so many levels, while mtw has the push, the lanes, and arguably the late game.
Really good plays by mTw so far. If you just saw hvost escape from the gank on bot its because enigma destroyed the trees while wr was tryingto shackle :(

Rainbow

Smash Apprentice
Really good plays by mTw so far. If you just saw hvost escape from the gank on bot its because enigma destroyed the trees while wr was tryingto shackle :(
Double sheepstick up, Juggernaut getting fat as hell, Enigma super tank; Na'vi just won't be able to do anything. This is going to mtw.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Epic item build on on leshrac. So much survivability. 3 bracers, ogre club, treads, and a wand lol

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
mTw forcing a game 3 in a convincing fashion. I'm excited.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yeah; mtw must have known Na'vi was going AM. So they must be confident they can shut him down. But I don't know, this one is going to be a ride.
I wasn't happy with he riki ban and then not grabbing AM. but I love the tinker pick.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yeah, I don't see how Na'vi can pull this out.
2 racks down. I bloody knew mTw could do it. :D

If mTw lose this. It's 1600% their fault.

Holy **** dendi. but its still game.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Gonna watch again when they are on vod. Really good series.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
mTw after beating EG at dreamhack: "we saw you on lan"

story: eg talking **** to mTw, saying they only lose tournament matches to them because they have to play european servers

mTw taking dreamhack and **** talking their opponents. I LOVE IT. xboct talking **** for a standard bkb teleport, gets owned same game by jugger doing it in a much more impressive fashion

pay the price NAVI
Also, 'sup fellow Anarcho-pacifist.
yo dude. add me on steam: my name should be tomacawk

Rainbow

Smash Apprentice
Can't find you. Also I don't think I can add people to my friend's list anyway lol. I only have DotA 2 on my account so technically I've never bought a game, so Valve doesn't let me friend other people, I can only be friended.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Rubick is in test client.

As well as announcer packs.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I'm so glad he looks like his concept art, cause I love how he looks.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Too bad we still can't figure out how the hell to lane him / what priority in farm he should get

Rainbow

Smash Apprentice
Went 0-5 today, never raged so hard at a game in my life. I need to stop playing after I lose 1-2 games lol, always just causes me to get a defeatist attitude and lose more.

Also I feel like I've seen some show matches in DotA 1 with Rubick, and teams use him really differently. I've seen him go full carry and then more of a supporting role. He usually gets some farm though, I'd put him in the 2,3, or 4 slot. And he needs a lot of levels, so he should be in some sort of solo lane, but at the same time he doesn't lane as well as a lot of other solos.

edit: this cheered me up a bit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp-oH9xDcto

Top Bottom