• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DotA 2: 6.83 patch, The International 5 on the way!

Vyke

Smash Champion
What the balls happened to Lion's face? He was fine before!

Are you able to shrink the UI? That might solve stream problems.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Apart from less space for streamers, the UI is a big improvement. Very much like dota1. I like the glyph addition and courier.

Don't mind the color change, but lions face wtf

Edit: 2nd time round, the health and mana bar could be longer.
Don't really think having move speed is really necessary.
K/d/a is pretty tucked away, as well as cs, prefer top right.
Sword with atk damage adds to cartoony look.
Tobi needs a new stream layout, which is either going to cover info or the actual game :/

New items look nice. Can't see no banana split mek tho.
Yay gg branch
http://www.joindota.com/en/news/2941-dota-2-test-build-new-item-and-hud-design

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I didn't even watch the second game after the first, it was just such a complete destruction of m5 I felt bad for them.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
i understand that navi is better individually than virtually every team and they have the best drafts and game plans, but m5 looked like they were playing a pub. letting towers die for free, picking clinkz for a player that literally quit farming after he got his orchid, and multiple instances of blatant obvious feed

Lovage

Smash Hero
lol idk why i was hating on the new UI before, the only thing i hate about it are the big grey walls on the bottom parts of your screen, i hate **** like that, plus they're ugly lol.

the new stats part of the UI is tight tho, ATTACK ARMOR AND MOVESPEED, the essentials are huge and easy to see.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
lol idk why i was hating on the new UI before, the only thing i hate about it are the big grey walls on the bottom parts of your screen, i hate **** like that, plus they're ugly lol.

the new stats part of the UI is tight tho, ATTACK ARMOR AND MOVESPEED, the essentials are huge and easy to see.
And most importantly, it's easier to see the STR, AGI and INT now as well. Before I had to squint my eyes, not anymore! :)

Another thing, I like that summoned units under your control go inside the stats window when you select them. Saves a lot of space in the screen, Furion, Enigma and Broodmother are happy now!

Easier to track courier, nice. No need to hover your mouse to see if the tower protection is almost off cooldown anymore, now we a well designed icon for it.

I like most of these new icons, I dislike a handful of them too. I believe with enough feedback Valve will put them to the worktable and come with something more pleasing to see. :p

My personal thoughts about the new HUD: Sweet! Infinitely better compared to the former one.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
my only complaint is the cs/kdr being at the bottom. It's really small, and the same spot at the top right is now empty with nothing taking its place. I don't understand why it needed to be moved. some of the new items look silly but some look dope, so I'm neutral on items

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
As well it should be, but my monitor is awful and old and only supports 4:3 at fullscreen so, at least I have that.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
then post a link to your steam profile

i know your id is rogueassassinx

Iggy wants what he wants...

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
maybe I just forgot. Wasn't sure if you had made the connection.
I lost a game today with an 18-1-18 invoker, I had 6 active items. It was a 60 minute game and at the end my body temp was super high from the intense focus
felt good but god damn am i salty i lost that game

D

Deleted member

invoker is probably the coolest champ of any moba

a shame he is OP as ****

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I had fun guys. Always a pleasure to play :)

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
A friend sent me an invite to this game, I'll be playing it once finals are over. I've got a pretty good idea how to spend starting gold, but not much after that, would I just follow in-game build? Any basic things I should know that aren't in all of the youtube videos that claim to tell you the fundamentals? I come from a LoL background if that is relevant. I WONT START BOOTS I PROMISE.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
A friend sent me an invite to this game, I'll be playing it once finals are over. I've got a pretty good idea how to spend starting gold, but not much after that, would I just follow in-game build? Any basic things I should know that aren't in all of the youtube videos that claim to tell you the fundamentals? I come from a LoL background if that is relevant. I WONT START BOOTS I PROMISE.
Feel free to play with us. :) I'd be more than willing to help you out

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Sweet. My steam is Faithkeeper_, but I have yet to even install the game, and I'm not sure if there is an in-game name or anything.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Sweet. My steam is Faithkeeper_, but I have yet to even install the game, and I'm not sure if there is an in-game name or anything.
Post a link to your steam profile :)

EDIT: Also, is anyone here good at art? I need an overlay for my stream inbetween games :(

my current one is terrible :)

Miharu

Smash Hero
you can make your in game name whatever you want, and change it whenever you want

its separate from your steam ID, which always stays the same

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
for example my ingame name is Avril Lavigne

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I plan on doing a video series for Dota2 aimed at former League of Legends players once I feel I know the game well enough, and get my new desktop.

May even start it before I get a good grasp of the game and just tell people my thoughts, and small tips as we go. :o

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol no.

I meant "people who played/play League and want to play Dota."

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
What should I list as my experience? I'm thinking familiar? I've watched 10 or so hours of instructional videos. probably 1300 elo ish (all of the the normal elo calculators say 1300-1400) in LoL.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I need a graphic that is 1280 by 720 that i can show inbetween games. >.> it needs to have a small area where I can place my screen at and the rest just be a graphic so i can input a password to a game without people seeing it on the stream.

Top Bottom