• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Stop Billievin' Sat. 6/6 -- Chu-dat confirmed -- update: check last post

BEHR

Smash Hero
Hey Bill can me and G-Boro spend the night at your house saturday and leave sunday?

Jon?

Smash Champion
@Smith: I heard Keith took you in as his young Padawan. Is this true? Because your power level is about to increase exponentially.

Smith

Smash Ace
@Smith: I heard Keith took you in as his young Padawan. Is this true? Because your power level is about to increase exponentially.
If he takes me under as Toon Link, yeah I'll be his young Padawan.

Since he uses Metaknight and snake, should I just go Shadow Toon Link? :(

Jon?

Smash Champion
Don't listen to the Metaknight. Don't believe in his promises for more power, you will soon turn against your master.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
If he takes me under as Toon Link, yeah I'll be his young Padawan.

Since he uses Metaknight and snake, should I just go Shadow Toon Link? :(
yes my child, u will see that the darkside provides u with great power.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
When I met Meta Knight, he promised me great power.

Then I beat Dr Peepee.

I ventured into the heart of evil, and I returned a changed Man.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Except mine actually happened. :laugh:

Until PP saw the power of the dark side, and took my victory away from me.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I have a shot at losing to Stongers' MK again, but I'm not goin down without a good fight if I do.

Too much Star Wars for my taste.

Edit: Ban MK Bill. XD

Edit again: Don't get pissy, I'm joking. Idc either way even though I'd prefer MK banned.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Let's ban Falco, I don't know how to get past his Lasers.
Let's ban Luigi, his Up-B is too strong.
Let's ban ICs, grabs are cheap.
Let's ban Marth, PP is too good with him.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
I have a shot at losing to Stongers' MK again, but I'm not goin down without a good fight if I do.

Too much Star Wars for my taste.

Edit: Ban MK Bill. XD

Edit again: Don't get pissy, I'm joking. Idc either way even though I'd prefer MK banned.
I find your lack of Star Wars fads disturbing.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Do not be tempted by the dark side, less you be consumed by it. Much power it may bring, but the force shall corrupt and consume you. Fear not, for the power of good always prevails.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Will there be a final verdict on the to ban or not to ban Metaknight dispute? Billfest is only a few days away! wewt!

Forgot to add this in:
"Twisted by the dark side, young Skywalker has become. The boy you trained, gone he is... consumed by Darth Vader." Epic quote is epic.

Dublio

Smash Ace
I wonder when this MK thing popped up anyway. I don't remember that being there before.

-has no opinion on the MK thing to avoid taking sides.-

Jon?

Smash Champion
I didn't notice Bill posted the "MK is banned..maybe ask me later" rule in until yesterday. I was like WTF?

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
When I originally posted the tournament I posted it with a ban on mk I later decided I might reconsider.

I'm still on the ropes but Stingers your argument doesn't help and does nothing but show either your lack of knowledge on the issue or your lack of knowledge on how to formulate a proper argument.

Anyone who wants to stay, can. We have room for everyone. Out of state has priority on the sofas.

Zero I need a teammate. You down?

Jon?

Smash Champion
As long as Planking is banned, Metaknight shouldn't be a problem. I've been studying the Metaknight matchup for a few months now and through this research I've found that idea of banning Metaknight is being overreacted over. Snake on the other hand is a different story though.

@Bill: If my friend ends up not going, I may need a teammate as well since Keith and Shady want to test out their team comp.

Kirby/Olimar team?! Sounds like a decent counter for MK/Snake.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
As long as Planking is banned, Metaknight shouldn't be a problem. I've been studying the Metaknight matchup for a few months now and through this research I've found that idea of banning Metaknight is being overreacted over. Snake on the other hand is a different story though.

@Bill: If my friend ends up not going, I may need a teammate as well since Keith and Shady want to test out their team comp.

Kirby/Olimar team?! Sounds like a decent counter for MK/Snake.
Planking is not the problem. Planking sucks but it is not the problem. MK has no bad match-ups vs. any character on any stage. That alone is enough to warrant a ban.

Jon?

Smash Champion
I think if you study the matchup well enough and know how to treat each situation during a fight with a MK, you can turn the match in your favor by knowing more than your opponent.

I know it may sound stupid, but the Mk/Falco matchup is neutral (with no planking). I've been confident enough to play against MKs for a while.

I do agree how it is an unfair advantage that MK has no bad matchups and his "worse matchups" are considered his neutrals.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Planking is not the problem. Planking sucks but it is not the problem. MK has no bad match-ups vs. any character on any stage. That alone is enough to warrant a ban.

The only solution to this is to have an all Captain Falcon/Ganondorf Brawl Tournament. Not sure what it would solve but it sure would be interesting. =3

Smith

Smash Ace
I think if you study the matchup well enough and know how to treat each situation during a fight with a MK, you can turn the match in your favor by knowing more than your opponent.

I know it may sound stupid, but the Mk/Falco matchup is neutral (with no planking). I've been confident enough to play against MKs for a while.

I do agree how it is an unfair advantage that MK has no bad matchups and his "worse matchups" are considered his neutrals.
No....Only match up that's even is Wario Metaknight. Atleast, I think.

EDIT: It's Toon Link's worse match up, Olimars, and it's a bad match up for Marth.

AS THE TOP 3 PLAYERS (I'm number one though, Keith trained me ok) MKs banned. :D

/ego

but uh, let's vote?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I really think that that decision should be made separately by every TO for every tournament they run. Banning as a state doesn't seem like a good enough idea yet due to its repercussions.

Top Bottom