• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Stop Billievin' Sat. 6/6 -- Chu-dat confirmed -- update: check last post

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
I've been reading over the current debate of banning Mk, I for one think it's a horrible idea, first of all, I use meta knight but thats just a personal reason, secondly, ppl all over the entire east coast still use meta knight, considering N.C. has little to no singles MK practice it would be foolish to ban him, there are what? Three of us who use MK in singles? Your only hurting the ppl who have potential to go out of state and play professionally (Dr peepee, Bill, Duo, Rag, karn, myself) if you think you'll last for one second in a pro circut without plenty of meta practice, your sadly mistaken. We don't have an adequate reason for banning meta around here, he doesn't win singles, he doesn't even win teams hardly ever. I've stepped up my **** recently and now it's going to waste on a ban..... xD

stingers

Smash Obsessed
So MK has seriously been officially banned? Let me guess, you made that decision AFTER PP told you he was teaming with me instead of you? MK isn't banned in doubles, is he?

You can't spring something like that on us with no warning, I was the first person to mention it in this topic and it was only yetserday. You have to be kidding me, I have been working on MK more then my ROB since Rawfuls' and apparently that doesn't even matter because Bill has a personal problem with the matchup and doesn't want to deal with it. Boo ****ing hoo, cry yourself a river Bill. I seriously can't believe you have the gall to do something like this with absolutely no evidence that MK should be banned. MK isn't even a dominant character in the NC, when was the last time you saw an MK win a tournament?

Even at Rawfuls, I beat PP in Winners Finals with MK and he came back to 6-0 me in Grand Finals, proving what exactly? That Meta Knight is an unbeatable character, right? Yeah ****ing right, you just can't handle the matchup so you have to ban him to make things easier on yourself. And don't get me wrong, I support your decision to ban Meta Knight at any tournaments you run because you're running them, but only if you announce it when you announce the tournament, not 3 days before the tournament ****ing starts.

People need to get over their scrub mentalities and deal with it. If it's in the game, it's in the game. I personally have yet to lose to a Meta Knight in tournament even though I have to deal with Zeros and Karns all the time because they always spring them on me after I beat them, and I've yet to lose to them. Ever. And I play ROB, who apparently has a 70:30 disadvantage against Meta Knight. Jesus christ.

And clearly Meta Knight is an unbeatable character and we all stand no chance against him at top level play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q2DdBNajvo

I am Seth

Smash Lord
SP or Boone where all we smoke is christmas trees.
you know me too well plur. and i agree with you on snake. he's just if not more broken than meta. ally proved that. i'm just saying since bill's whole agrument is the lack skill it takes to play meta knight. yet he goes off and counterpicks people with ddd, chain grabs them 3-5 times and release grabs you into an up smash. as if that takes skill right?? i think he's just mad that he got swept by karn latley and was gayed hard earlier by zero.

i go freaking wario in singles bill not meta, i would go wario against your oli, and don't put words in my mouth because i never said i wouldn't go. in fact, i was going to go irregardless if you made this stupid rule up.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
snake isn't broken either.

the only character in this game that could truly be called broken is meta knight if infinite dimensional cape was allowed, but it's not, and meta knight is simply just "really good." Don't throw the term broken around so casually like that.

lord karn

Smash Master
My reason for thinking Metaknight should be banned has nothing to do with the amount of skill he takes. I don't really see why the amount of skill something takes to do should even be considered.

I also think that the whole "it's in the game, deal with it" mentality is also silly. There are plenty of things in the game that are banned, and rightfully. Infinite dimensional cape, gay levels, items, etc.

The only reason I think Metaknight should be banned is because I think Brawl is a better game without him. I also think that Brawl is a better game without gay levels and items, thus i think those should be banned. I just don't really understand why people see it as so taboo to ban a character. We can make the game more suitable for competitive play by banning things.

Edit: I also think that is kind of too late to ban him at this tournament. But I'm for a ban overall.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Things like gay levels and items are banned because they're anti-competitive; whereas you want to ban MK because he's anti-fun. I understand what you're saying, but it's not fit for a competitive game to ban on a whim like that. Only things that are beyond a shadow of a doubt proven to make the game less competitive or totally broken should be banned, nothing less. I used to support the MK ban, just like I used to support the DDD Standing infinite ban, but I just don't see things that way anymore.

lord karn

Smash Master
Things like gay levels and items are banned because they're anti-competitive; whereas you want to ban MK because he's anti-fun. I understand what you're saying, but it's not fit for a competitive game to ban on a whim like that. Only things that are beyond a shadow of a doubt proven to make the game less competitive or totally broken should be banned, nothing less. I used to support the MK ban, just like I used to support the DDD Standing infinite ban, but I just don't see things that way anymore.
No, I think he also makes the game less competitive. Metaknight over-centralizes the metagame. I used better in a general sense, not meaning just fun, but also meaning how "good" the game can considered to be.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
My reason for thinking Metaknight should be banned has nothing to do with the amount of skill he takes. I don't really see why the amount of skill something takes to do should even be considered.

I also think that the whole "it's in the game, deal with it" mentality is also silly. There are plenty of things in the game that are banned, and rightfully. Infinite dimensional cape, gay levels, items, etc.

The only reason I think Metaknight should be banned is because I think Brawl is a better game without him. I also think that Brawl is a better game without gay levels and items, thus i think those should be banned. I just don't really understand why people see it as so taboo to ban a character. We can make the game more suitable for competitive play by banning things.

Edit: I also think that is kind of too late to ban him at this tournament. But I'm for a ban overall.
Agreed 100%

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I also think that Meta Game over-centralizes the meta game, but I don't see that as an inherently anti-competitive thing.

lord karn

Smash Master
I think that the main reason Melee is a better suited game to competitive play is because the metagame at the top is relatively balanced. However, this is all obviously subjective.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Stingers the yelling at me isn't helping by the way. I'm sorry you feel you that you need to play as mk to do well in a tournament. Why don't you try to get better instead of whining about how you can't use a character with no disadvantages.

Ill get back to everyone later tonight about our final decision.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I've been reading over the current debate of banning Mk, I for one think it's a horrible idea, first of all, I use meta knight but thats just a personal reason, secondly, ppl all over the entire east coast still use meta knight...
Learn 2 variety.

People need to get over their scrub mentalities and deal with it.
You're one to talk since
I have been working on MK more
If it's in the game, it's in the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Tqm7yThFg

If Meta Knight should be banned, it should be in agreement to the entire smash community. A decision like that will change results and how the game should be played in a drastic way. Character bans are no easy thing. This decision was made for U.S. tournaments on Super Street Fighter II Akuma. And when that decision is made, it is final. There is no turning back (as far as I'm told).

Now, the new people on the block who want that upper edge (AKA brawlers) will write that Metaknight should not be banned, but with their tournament experience only filling the bottle at 10%, who should take their opinions seriously? Chu, on the other hand - This man wins with mother****ing Kirby. Y'all should just quit. Good god, this guy could play Mr. Sandbag, and be sandbagging, and still beat your tail (lookin' at you stongor).

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214428

Now as if snake having his own Tier was bad enough, Metaknight goes a step beyond that, with his own tier. If that doesn't make you
what will? Dern. Seems the family favorite for this match was an Up B and FAir, discount prices may vary.

What's my opinion? Think a little more. Make an argument. Present the argument. Don't just say "MK shouldn't be banned cause I think Echo is harboring sour grapes" because that's not legit. be a legit OG and give us something.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Zio, you don't even play the game so I don't want to hear anything from you. I really don't. I don't see what those two things you quoted have to do with anything, and I don't see what that video has to do with anything either. Oh no, Megaman has a wall infinite...so? Every character has a wall infinite in 2d fighters :laugh:

Bill, I beat you in the last tournament, with ROB no less, who top players agree has a disadvantage against Olimar, so I do not want you to tell me to get better. I'm mad over this, and I have every right to be, and if I overreact then so be it, but PLEASE stop saying stupid things like "Why don't you try to get better instead of whining about how you can't use a character with no disadvantages." (which is completely idiotic, but I don't feel like talking about it now, especially with someone such as yourself who has shown to have no understanding of how the game works at higher levels of play). It's quite annoying.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh but it's in the game, son. It's okay to do it. It's all good. Doesn't matter if it's completely stupid. It's **** cool to take advantage of it to win. Cause all that matters is winning.

I don't play bawrl cause I don't like it. Play a real man's game. Let's start talking about Melee. Stonger

alsolrn2getbetter

stingers

Smash Obsessed
...You're right. There isn't a problem with Mega Man's infinite. At all. Do you have a problem with infinites? I think you're in the wrong genre.

ZIO, $20 MM in Melee or Brawl. I don't care.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I'm pretty fond of alcohol. I'm going to go have a culturally enriching night; drinking 100 proof cinnamon schnapps and reading R.A. Salvatore. Both sides of this argument need to take a lesson from me. Be less obnoxious, arguing over the internet.

That's all I really have to contribute. /shrug.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Step it up

I guess maybe you didn't get my point....stonker.

Here, let me tell you - Just because it's in the game doesn't make it right, my friend. This is already true since that infinite dimensional cape is banned. Not only that, but I think I remember stalling the match with something like Ganondorf's ledge recovery thingie in melee, and peach's ForwardB(I think peach bomber) in melee were also banned. I also think ICs wobbling was banned too (I am unsure). So my point wasn't in the genre, dolt, it was in that it being in the game doesn't make it okay.

epic lulz go around.

Also - I don't settle for any less than $100. Step it up!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I agree with you that things that have no possible way to be countered should be banned. I guess I shouldn't of assumed that people would realize that. Sorry. >.>

Things like Peaches Forward B under FoD, that you'd have to kill yourself to hit her out of, should be banned. Things like "Ganondorfs Ledge recovery thingie" in melee wasn't unpunishable and wasn't banned...all you had to do was time your wavedash on the ledge. Infinite Dimensional Cape, which you absolutely cannot hit the other person out of, should be banned. ICs wobbling was always debated over and was never officially banned. I'm also of the opinion that it shouldn't be banned, because it has 2 counters: 1. Don't get grabbed, 2: Break out really fast if you're at a low enough percent. Both are possible, and if you don't do it then it's your fault. Just because it makes the game less fun doesn't mean it should be banned.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I agree with you that things that have no possible way to be countered should be banned. I guess I shouldn't of assumed that people would realize that. Sorry. >.>
Assuming is a bad thing, bro. Don't do it. Live above the influence.

Getting out of wobble is hella easy - press start. The motion gets interrupted. Hell yeah - wobble-no-more.

I am of the opinion that MK should be banned. Do it, bill. BILL!!!:mad::mad::mad:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I'm pretty fond of alcohol. I'm going to go have a culturally enriching night; drinking 100 proof cinnamon schnapps and reading R.A. Salvatore. Both sides of this argument need to take a lesson from me. Be less obnoxious, arguing over the internet.

That's all I really have to contribute. /shrug.
We need to hang out more.

foxyisemo

Smash Cadet
Hey guyz! I wish i could make this but there's too many good ppl going, 10lulz! nojohns.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh, c'mon, PEOPLE! let's follow suit the new fad that's sweeping the nation (not really, but it will). This debate has been going on for a while( although, lol that thread is closed it's going on here, no?). By the sound of it, it's an inevitability, not a possibility.

U kno me, tho - just trying to fuel the fire. :)

Which, BTW, is that our bro meta getting own in the MK Ban topic?

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Stingers your just *****ing cause you don't stand a chance against pp without mk and you're gonna suck in teams without him.

Calm down and make logical arguments because so far, you are doing nothing but pissing me off and since I am the one making the decision, it would likely be in your best interest to not do that.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Guys chill its just MK lol.

Dont argue about MK.

Anyways dont ban him.

and Bill do you still have my wiimote?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
oloifyoudon'tcomebecauseasinglecharacterisremovedyouweren'tworththeeffort

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
That's IT. If MK is banned I refuse to come to this. It's too long of a drive anyway.
I'm afraid you can't do that.

We need you at this tournament and we're willing to go so far as to permanently ban Ganon in NC to get you to come.

btw, I say we ban talking about banning Meta. Bill can do whatever he wants at his own tournies (even though I think now is too sudden personally).

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Stingrr - IDC (That's I don't care, not that stupid move for MK). can you not see what im doin?

Top Bottom