• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't stand for camping online

S2

Smash Lord
So are Sliq and Dguy fighting?

IF so, I want to see some matches posted. When the online board turns into a flame war, I want to see it settled with an online match.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
But if you do the safe **** ALL THE TIME you won't learn anything BUT the safe ****. Then, when someone gets through your safe ****, you lose because you have a very limited arsenal at your disposal. You should experiment to find as many ways of doing something as possible to keep your foe on their toes. If you do what works all the, when what works doesn't work you lose... [End of Sliq's post]

[Start of Masterspeaks post]I don't exactly understand why you say I shouldn't do what works. If it works up until someone finds a way to get around it, then I simply find a way to counter their counter. When what works ceases to stop working, then I will find the next safest measure. You and I have different systems for expanding our playstyles. You seem to test with random trial and error, I like to experiment with one really good move, if my opponent find countermeasures to my move, I find a counter to my opponent's counters. If they can't get past my one really good move, either the game is too flawed to be worth playing or it unnecessary on my part to do something different. Basically, what I am saying is that it is a learning experience when someone gets past my "safe ****" as you put it.
I posted this quote because it basically sums up the entire argument. Too many scrubs are using the same tactic over and over, using the lagginess of online play to benefit them, and then maybe whine when their camping doesn't work because they have no idea how to do anything but camp. Maybe players should camp for damage advantages, even online, then someone magically gets through their array of projectiles and approaches them. Good players will realize that their strategy isn't working and find ways to defeat the approacher in close-range combat. Anyone who is a scrub will use a smash or an aerial that works often but is really predictable and may be harder to stop because of lag (TL's dair- the beans to complement the camper's spam) and try to run to the other side and camp more. Winning in Brawl is about using all strategies to the advantage- offensive, defensive, camping, whatever, and if people are ignorant enough to stick to one strategy and refuse to even consider learning anything else, they deserve to get booted and not heard from again.

I think its also more of the mentality too. Seriously, why try to be so protective about getting hit once that you'll do nothing but fling projectiles when you're playing online? An online friendly? I see where the sentiment is coming from- it's just not fun playing someone that does nothing but camp when you can't even talk to the guy you're fighting. Who knows, maybe the scrubs know they're playing an esteemed Melee player and trying to win by being a camp-***** so they can show off to their friends about how must of a hotshot he is. Totally, it's just the wrong mentality.

Just as a reply to what your said in response to my post, I used Overswarm as a reference because I saw him on your signature and assumed you are part of a crew or something. Unlike the people that senselessly argue with you, I have and actually use the ability to read online. I have seen Overswarm's ROB on Youtube, it's pretty spectacular. I would like to know how you get past that thing with Ganondorf; I know how frustrating getting to campers with that guy can be. And this down-b lag cancel you speak of? Interesting. Tell me more.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I haven't really played online that much, only with my friend a few times, but yes, it's very frustrating and hard to catch them...I agree with Sliq. Disconnect if you're not having fun.

Top Bottom