• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't stand for camping online

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
There is absolutely no need to turn this topic into a deep debate.
I disconnect from campers only when it gets rediculous.
Players with dignity that like to win and STILL have fun at the same time will stop once it gets obnoxious 9 times out of 10.
The worst is when they do it just because theyre losing consistantly

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
this thread was made by a jigglypuff main who used to pick brinstar in tournament

-dies of laughter-

Sliq

Smash Master
Nobody really likes camping, but it is a tactic that must be dealt with as it will never be banned. This thread, along with every other thread complaining about camping are not needed.
I'm pretty sure ypu didn't read like any of the posts in this thread.

Several of the points you made was correct, Sliq. It seems we both think online brawl isn't a medium for competitiveness, so my argument is rather pointless. I guess it really doesn't matter Sliq, it just seemed that you found online campers so offensive you made the point to insult anyone who camps except Overswarm.
Overswarm wouldn't camp in friendlies if I asked him not to. I would only ask him not to online. Also, I'm not offended by camping, it is just annoying online, and its inanity irritates me, as I want to learn as much as I can possible, and you can't do that spending hours wading through projectiles.

It seems silly to me to dislike a specific tactic, when certain characters are tailor-made and may have to rely on camping to a certain degree (Toonlink, Pit, Falco).
All the characters you listed can win without camping. They are all good characters.

However, you are absolutely right, if someone is camping in one of your matches, you have no obligation to play them and in your case you have decided to simply leave.
Exactly, and I urge other people to do the same.

Personally, for me I leave ******* around for training mode, I use that to find out all the unique quirks to characters I play. Then when I play an actual live human I also agree with you on how playing online can help train you to read opponents. I've seen people get *****, making predictable techs out Flame Chokes instead of just laying still or switching directions. Also, I'm not an idiot, I don't camp lasers or arrows 2 inches from someone's face. I understand how you have to react to someone approaching your camp, not just sit in one spot till someone is close enough to punish your lag. And if you think the wall of pain that is Toon link's camping game, only requires pressing a "shiny button" over and over again, you are very wrong.
Falco, Pit, Wolf. Mash B, profit. Toon Link is pretty close to that, except you have to press over b then neutral b.

:lick::

You are ....Full of yourself. Were do you get off acting all high and mighty? Not everyone whose good at smash bros is gonna drive across the fn country to get 17th at some tournament just so they can brag about how big of a tournyfg they are. I really don't know who you are nor do I care cause your and utter douchbag. What you need to do is go back to your little training session and stop humiliating yourself in front of actual people.

:uzi:_________________________________________________ :mad:

Haha
You joined 2 months ago, so I didn't read your post.

this thread was made by a jigglypuff main who used to pick brinstar in tournament

-dies of laughter-
Oh ****, its Neo. In my defense, Jiggs didn't have projectiles and Melee was lag free.

There is absolutely no need to turn this topic into a deep debate.
I disconnect from campers only when it gets rediculous.
Players with dignity that like to win and STILL have fun at the same time will stop once it gets obnoxious 9 times out of 10.
The worst is when they do it just because theyre losing consistantly
The problem lies when they REFUSE to approach AT ALL. I'm not kidding, even if they are losing. It is ludicrous. They are gonna get wrecked by someone who can reflect projectiles, since they won't know how to approach at all from spamming **** idiotically across FD.

Projectiles are MOST EFFECTIVE when used for positioning and setups, not when spammed.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I have read the entire thread. All it is, is complaining about camping hidden behind some shallow logic. It has been done before. I don't like camping as much as the next guy, but it doesn't mean I should go and make a thread about every little thing in Brawl that I don't like.

masterspeaks

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure ypu didn't read like any of the posts in this thread.

Overswarm wouldn't camp in friendlies if I asked him not to. I would only ask him not to online. Also, I'm not offended by camping, it is just annoying online, and its inanity irritates me, as I want to learn as much as I can possible, and you can't do that spending hours wading through projectiles.

All the characters you listed can win without camping. They are all good characters.

Exactly, and I urge other people to do the same.

Falco, Pit, Wolf. Mash B, profit. Toon Link is pretty close to that, except you have to press over b then neutral b.

You joined 2 months ago, so I didn't read your post.

Oh ****, its Neo. In my defense, Jiggs didn't have projectiles and Melee was lag free.

The problem lies when they REFUSE to approach AT ALL. I'm not kidding, even if they are losing. It is ludicrous. They are gonna get wrecked by someone who can reflect projectiles, since they won't know how to approach at all from spamming **** idiotically across FD.

Projectiles are MOST EFFECTIVE when used for positioning and setups, not when spammed.
I guess I truly misunderstood you, you must be playing utter garbage if they continue camping when they are losing. A good camper knows when to switch up their projectile and physical approaches. I'm of the opinion that if racking up damage with projectiles is the safest way to get my opponent at a high enough % to kill, physical approaches are easily punished against competent players with the negligible hitstun on most attacks and multiple air dodges. I feel that close range combat in brawl has to many negatives. Decreasing KB forces you to to use attacks with low priority or high lag in order to score the kill at the correct time. Kneeing into grabs can help reset the KB but it becomes predictable. I could go on but I guess I'm just rambling about the flaws I see in the combat.

Anyway, to all the people still arguing with sliq. He may not be phrasing it in the most polite manner, but he has absolutely no problem with camping in general. He just doesn't want to play against unskilled campers online. There is really nothing else to discuss. If you don't agree ignore him, if you do agree don't play ****ty campers over wifi.

Sliq

Smash Master
I have read the entire thread. All it is, is complaining about camping hidden behind some shallow logic. It has been done before. I don't like camping as much as the next guy, but it doesn't mean I should go and make a thread about every little thing in Brawl that I don't like.
You didn't read it at all. I never complained about camping. I complained about camping ONLINE. I am not against camping in tournaments, you know, when a win MATTERS. Jesus Christ. Either actually read the posts, or gain som reading comprehension.

I guess I truly misunderstood you, you must be playing utter garbage if they continue camping when they are losing.
I've played good people that do this too. I just can't avoid it because the timer is off, so there isn't any reason to not camp, minus hindering yourself as a player.

A good camper knows when to switch up their projectile and physical approaches. I'm of the opinion that if racking up damage with projectiles is the safest way to get my opponent at a high enough % to kill, physical approaches are easily punished against competent players with the negligible hitstun on most attacks and multiple air dodge.
But if you do the safe **** ALL THE TIME you won't learn anything BUT the safe ****. Then, when someone gets through your safe ****, you lose because you have a very limited arsenal at your disposal. You should experiment to find as many ways of doing something as possible to keep your foe on their toes. If you do what works all the, when what works doesn't work you lose.

I feel that close range combat in brawl has to many negatives. Decreasing KB forces you to to use attacks with low priority or high lag in order to score the kill at the correct time. Kneeing into grabs can help reset the KB but it becomes predictable. I could go on but I guess I'm just rambling about the flaws I see in the combat.
The problem with this is that a lot of charactes that spam have safe approaches, and even multiple safe approaches, but just don't. Hell, Ganon can approach if I can read my opponent. If I think he's going airborne shupair eats through him. If he rolls, dair in place. If he attacks shield. If he shields over b. if Ganon can approach, then Pit, Toon Link, and Falco can approach.

Furthermore, you can space your aerials to not get punished, or cross over and land behind them to trick them into sheild grabbing and leaving themselves open.

Anyway, to all the people still arguing with sliq. He may not be phrasing it in the most polite manner, but he has absolutely no problem with camping in general.
People need to quit arguing with my attitude and argue with my points. Thanks for not being ********.

He just doesn't want to play against unskilled campers online. There is really nothing else to discuss. If you don't agree ignore him, if you do agree don't play ****ty campers over wifi.
Even skilled camping online is pointless. The lag completely changes power shielding, the best way to deal with camping.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
You didn't read it at all. I never complained about camping. I complained about camping ONLINE. I am not against camping in tournaments, you know, when a win MATTERS. Jesus Christ. Either actually read the posts, or gain som reading comprehension.
You have complained numerously about camping offline in other threads that I will bring up upon request. It is widely known that you hate camping in general, whether you say you do or not in this thread.

In this thread, you complain about camping online because "If you camp online, you learn nothing." You have stated this numerous times, and you couldn't be more wrong.

Who cares when a win matters or not? The opponent's feelings do not matter in a match, be it a friendly or a tournament match. I am not going to change how I play just so my opponent feels good about themselves.

The purpose of this thread is for you to express your disgust with campers, hidden behind the carefully composed argument that you only hate them online, just so that this thread wouldn't get closed like the 10,000 other threads exactly like it.

I might as well make a thread asking that all MK players not use Tornado online. It is okay if they use it offline for tournaments or money matches, but for online play where it is just for fun, they shouldn't do it because the lag means they learn nothing from doing it and the opponent doesn't have any fun dealing with it. Everybody should just disconnect from those kinds of players.

A hint: Always play with a timer.

Medori Red

Smash Rookie
*Reflects/Absorbs/Dodges.*
(Take your pick)
That wasn't so hard. =D

If you can't beat spam, TOUGH! Learn and/or Stfu.:laugh:

Campers have one major flaw, they usually can't back their spam up with any form of skill. This will be there eventual downfall. If they are a skilled player+sweet camper, then you got a tough situation on your hands. :dizzy:

If you can beat a camper, then stop complaining, if you want "training" then go to "training."
If you want to train against real people, then OmG!? Get a friend code and play people who don't camp. What did you expect anyways? The entire smash community taking up arms against those **** dirty campers? lol.:laugh: Well none of this matters except for my original statement. "If you can't beat spam, Tough! Learn and/or Stfu." Just being real here.:p

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
The game starts, the Falco on the other side spams B in spot.

He does that for another minute and a half.

He then proceeds to CG you until he feels like lasering in spot again.

Numerous and successive fsmashes follow soon-after.

I'm using this thread as reference to why this game lacks depth. There really isn't any way to wreck or combo a camper unless you have wings, a way to camp of your own, or a smash ball.

The truth is that spamming works in brawl. This game isn't a fighter. It should be left in the hands of little scrubs who prefer picking it up and pressing the big red button, inside of practicing and perfecting a game that takes skill.

masterspeaks

Smash Apprentice
But if you do the safe **** ALL THE TIME you won't learn anything BUT the safe ****. Then, when someone gets through your safe ****, you lose because you have a very limited arsenal at your disposal. You should experiment to find as many ways of doing something as possible to keep your foe on their toes. If you do what works all the, when what works doesn't work you lose.

The problem with this is that a lot of charactes that spam have safe approaches, and even multiple safe approaches, but just don't. Hell, Ganon can approach if I can read my opponent. If I think he's going airborne shupair eats through him. If he rolls, dair in place. If he attacks shield. If he shields over b. if Ganon can approach, then Pit, Toon Link, and Falco can approach.

Furthermore, you can space your aerials to not get punished, or cross over and land behind them to trick them into sheild grabbing and leaving themselves open.

Even skilled camping online is pointless. The lag completely changes power shielding, the best way to deal with camping.
I don't exactly understand why you say I shouldn't do what works. If it works up until someone finds a way to get around it, then I simply find a way to counter their counter. When what works ceases to stop working, then I will find the next safest measure. You and I have different systems for expanding our playstyles. You seem to test with random trial and error, I like to experiment with one really good move, if my opponent find countermeasures to my move, I find a counter to my opponent's counters. If they can't get past my one really good move, either the game is too flawed to be worth playing or it unnecessary on my part to do something different. Basically, what I am saying is that it is a learning experience when someone gets past my "safe ****" as you put it.

Please note that I am mostly relating this to a non-online match. Powershielding can be an effective counter to camping, but not shooting projectiles and grabbing the opponent or changing the pacing of your attacks are effective counters as well. Also, I know those approaches you speak of, I use them when I feel it is favorable to approach in order to get the kill. One of my friends plays ganon and he suffered some of the worst nerfs from Brawl, all of his approaching attacks are easily telegraphed and can be spot dodged and punished in the ending animation. You have my respect for doing so well with him.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'd just like to say that 90% of the posters in this thread don't know how to play the game.

I really want to see the videos of these people gettign owned by spamming. It takes like, 3 seconds to get through a bad spammer. Maybe 15 against a good one. :\

Regardless, ignore Sliq. Camp it up. You learn how to camp by camping, so do it! It's what I do, and everyone wants to be just like me. Right? RIGHT?!

Vijin

Smash Ace
Bow to Lord Dguy.

Seriously, I love threads like this. Some scrub who gets owned by campers doesn't know what to do, so he comes here and whines about it. If anything, I would just camp you even more just because I could imagine you ripping the hair out of your head just because you can't get through my wall of waddle-dees. Just as Dguy stated, I couldn't care less if my opponent disapproves of camping, and I don't care if it's online or in a tournament match.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Bow to Lord Dguy.

Seriously, I love threads like this. Some scrub who gets owned by campers doesn't know what to do, so he comes here and whines about it. If anything, I would just camp you even more just because I could imagine you ripping the hair out of your head just because you can't get through my wall of waddle-dees. Just as Dguy stated, I couldn't care less if my opponent disapproves of camping, and I don't care if it's online or in a tournament match.
Hear that Sliq? Some scrub.

orintemple

Smash Lord
WOAH HO!!! Sliq vs Overswarm here we go!! Epic battle!

This thread is such a crazy flame fest its really gotten ridiculous. This might as well be closed now but of course that won't happen...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
WOAH HO!!! Sliq vs Overswarm here we go!! Epic battle!

This thread is such a crazy flame fest its really gotten ridiculous. This might as well be closed now but of course that won't happen...
I was joking. I have Sliq in my signature.

Also, for those that cannot read, Sliq isn't complaining about camping. I play him frequently (as you could guess), and he doesn't complain about camping. What he's complaining about is camping online during friendly matches with strangers. His mentality is "why" because he wants to try new things to learn, and cannot do that when someone camps and spams.

My rebuttal was that I would camp because I wanted to learn to camp and don't care what my opponent learns; I play to win. I learn by someone beating me, then I find the counter to the counter, so on so on. Not camping would be detrimental to learning for me.

Then he called me a bad word.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I love it when someone hops on another guys **** cause they're from the same state >_>

"bow to lord dguy" lmfao

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I love it when someone from the same state as someone else posts an inside joke and then I misinterpret it and look dumb.

Sliq

Smash Master
You have complained numerously about camping offline in other threads that I will bring up upon request. It is widely known that you hate camping in general, whether you say you do or not in this thread.

In this thread, you complain about camping online because "If you camp online, you learn nothing." You have stated this numerous times, and you couldn't be more wrong.

Who cares when a win matters or not? The opponent's feelings do not matter in a match, be it a friendly or a tournament match. I am not going to change how I play just so my opponent feels good about themselves.

The purpose of this thread is for you to express your disgust with campers, hidden behind the carefully composed argument that you only hate them online, just so that this thread wouldn't get closed like the 10,000 other threads exactly like it.

I might as well make a thread asking that all MK players not use Tornado online. It is okay if they use it offline for tournaments or money matches, but for online play where it is just for fun, they shouldn't do it because the lag means they learn nothing from doing it and the opponent doesn't have any fun dealing with it. Everybody should just disconnect from those kinds of players.

A hint: Always play with a timer.
Hey, aren't you that guy no one knows because you never played in or placed well in any tournaments?

Hey, aren't I the guy that placed well at tournaments, placing 17th at Pound 3 (out of 250+), beating Forward, and only losing in bracket to Mango and Mew2King, the 2 people that placed 1st and 2nd, respectively? Oh yeah. Well, I must not know what I'm talking about, seeing as how I wouldn't have the experience and knowledge. OH WAIT!

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Hey, aren't you that guy no one knows because you never played in or placed well in any tournaments?

Hey, aren't I the guy that placed well at tournaments, placing 17th at Pound 3 (out of 250+), beating Forward, and only losing in bracket to Mango and Mew2King, the 2 people that placed 1st and 2nd, respectively? Oh yeah. Well, I must not know what I'm talking about, seeing as how I wouldn't have the experience and knowledge. OH WAIT!
I can't say I am surprised by your response, it was quite predictable. You got annihilated with reasoning and could not come up with anything to back yourself up, so you personally attack me. Let me tell you a little bit about yourself. Nobody has heard of you, nobody cares who you are or how good you think you are. The only reason anyone knows you even exist is because of your random postings on the boards looking like an idiot. I have been to probably a similar number of tournaments as you have, kid. I have played with people like Lambchops, Rohins, Azen, and Forward. Don't pretend you are the only one with a little bit of experience. The last time I checked, 17th place = losing.

Please respond with intelligence, your image is bad enough already.

And yeah, I will kick your *** in Brawl anytime, son.

Sliq

Smash Master
I can't say I am surprised by your response, it was quite predictable. You got annihilated with reasoning and could not come up with anything to back yourself up, so you personally attack me. Let me tell you a little bit about yourself. Nobody has heard of you, nobody cares who you are or how good you think you are. The only reason anyone knows you even exist is because of your random postings on the boards looking like an idiot. I have been to probably a similar number of tournaments as you have, kid. I have played with people like Lambchops, Rohins, Azen, and Forward. Don't pretend you are the only one with a little bit of experience. The last time I checked, 17th place = losing.

Please respond with intelligence, your image is bad enough already.

And yeah, I will kick your *** in Brawl anytime, son.
100$ money match? IRL of course (should we ever attend the same tournament, which I doubt, because you, after all, are a ****** and scrub).

All you've done so far is attack me. "You don't like camping, therefore all of your points are invalid." Nice rebuttal.

Anyways, if you want we could play online so I can see your sane skillz. I have the sneaking suspicion you are going to camp out of spite though, as, after all, you are easily trolled, and therefor a person very much not in control of their emotions.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
100$ money match? IRL of course (should we ever attend the same tournament, which I doubt, because you, after all, are a ****** and scrub).
Attacking me personally again? $100? Seems I struck a nerve. You can make yourself sound big, but the fact is, you are only saying this at all because you know just as well as I do that the probability of us actually meeting is extremely small.

All you've done so far is attack me. "You don't like camping, therefore all of your points are invalid." Nice rebuttal.
Is that what you got from my post? Me attacking you? I originally stated that we don't need threads complaining about camping because we have enough of them already. Read it again.

Anyways, if you want we could play online so I can see your sane skillz. I have the sneaking suspicion you are going to camp out of spite though, as, after all, you are easily trolled, and therefor a person very much not in control of their emotions.
So let me get this straight, you are willing to play me online, but you are already making complaints about camping before we even play? Easily trolled? I do believe I already made the guess that you made this entire thread just for fun in an earlier post. Yeah I do have problems controlling my emotions these days, I am a whiney little kid that has to tell everybody about what it is I don't like, and then I get mad when people tell me to stop whining so much.

Vijin

Smash Ace
Sliq... stick to disconnecting from people beating you online.
This thread has got to be embarrassing for you.

And on another note, someone who complains about camping online has no room to call anybody a scrub. Get out of here with that noise.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Camping is a stupid strategy. Camping online is even stupider. You don't have skill if you camp online, end of story.

Sliq

Smash Master
Attacking me personally again? $100? Seems I struck a nerve. You can make yourself sound big, but the fact is, you are only saying this at all because you know just as well as I do that the probability of us actually meeting is extremely small.
Only if you're a scrub. I've played people from Florida before. DaShizWiz, Colbol, Green Mario, etc. What you're basically telling me is, "In the off chance I do go to a tournament you are at, I don't want to lose 100$."

Is that what you got from my post? Me attacking you? I originally stated that we don't need threads complaining about camping because we have enough of them already. Read it again.
Placeholder while I find the exact post you made. "LOL kettle ur black."

You have complained numerously about camping offline in other threads that I will bring up upon request. It is widely known that you hate camping in general, whether you say you do or not in this thread...

...The purpose of this thread is for you to express your disgust with campers, hidden behind the carefully composed argument that you only hate them online, just so that this thread wouldn't get closed like the 10,000 other threads exactly like it.
Here you go, since apparently you can't scroll upwards.

So let me get this straight, you are willing to play me online, but you are already making complaints about camping before we even play?
Nope, I'm merely forming a hypothesis about your scrubdom.

Easily trolled?
Yes.

I do believe I already made the guess that you made this entire thread just for fun in an earlier post.
And yet here you are, several posts later. I made the content of the post for real, but my posting style is for the lulz, and many are had. "This guy is beeing a jerk...on the INTERNET of all places. Well, this can't stand! I must slay this INTERNET hoodlum with my failure!"

Yeah I do have problems controlling my emotions these days, I am a whiney little kid that has to tell everybody about what it is I don't like, and then I get mad when people tell me to stop whining so much.
Admitting it is the first step. Next step, destroy your computer or kill yourself. Either way, I won't see you posting anymore.

Man, you guys are all scrubs. The only person in this thread that I agree with is Dark Wyvern.

Sliq

Smash Master
You are saying the same stuff over and over again.
So that's a no on fighting me online and the money match. Well, at least you aren't all talk.

Also, what is the deal with this snip business? I've seen it twice and have no idea where it is coming from.

Sliq... stick to disconnecting from people beating you online.
This thread has got to be embarrassing for you.

And on another note, someone who complains about camping online has no room to call anybody a scrub. Get out of here with that noise.
You too? Money match, online match? Mind you, I can only be throwing out 1 100$ challenge at a time. Albeit if D-Guy declines your wide open.

wow completely *****. cant counter a post like this. bow to lord DGUY
Lambchops, you so crazy.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I'll play you online anytime still, the offer is open. Snip is just a way of saying I am quoting you without having to have my post take a ton of room for something short I am going to say.

Sliq

Smash Master
I'll play you online anytime still, the offer is open. Snip is just a way of saying I am quoting you without having to have my post take a ton of room for something short I am going to say.
Well then, step up the plate, one serving of lose complements the gentleman with the awesome, i.e. me.

I figured as much about snip. Just type "words." It is funnier.

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
Sliq im sorry but your are the most pompus wind bag ive ever met. And I know you read my post beacause why would you even bother to quote something you didn't read? Why would anybody care about someone who gets 17th place at atournemnt. Of course people are going to camp you. Your gannondorf for heavensakes. Why would anyone with anyknolede of smash chose to fight you head on when they have the option of raking up damage from afar? Hes to **** tall and slow to do anything about it. Why the mods would allow an arrogant jerk like you to go on ranting is beyond me. But it seriously needs to stop. Just be the bigger man and don't respond to this. We'll all respect you for it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Why would anybody care about someone who gets 17th place at atournemnt.
*pound* 3 had over 200 entrants. Anyone who could make it through pools and get to top 32 brackets is already some pretty hot ****. After that, it's more or less you're either one of the top 3 or you could end up placing anywhere from 4th to 25th.
Of course people are going to camp you. Your gannondorf for heavensakes. Why would anyone with anyknolede of smash chose to fight you head on when they have the option of raking up damage from afar? Hes to **** tall and slow to do anything about it.
Really? Being slow and tall usually spelt "BIG TARGET FOR RAILING ON" for me. I guess I'm playing this game wrong. : \

mzink*

Smash Ace
if i get camped i finish the game just to get the practice of facin a camper, and then i stop playin with them. i dont really mind it but it gets really boring and old quick and id rather be playin someone els.

Top Bottom