• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Get Grabbed: Special Appearance by Gabriel Confirmed- March 15th - Vernon, CT

Spife

Smash Master
I'm going (I thought I posted in here already >__>)
weee

Gripe about the rules: DK 64? Maybe this is my fault but that's a waste of a strike for me. If I knew more about the game I might be able to make a better non-personal case, but Link is pretty bad on almost all the counter pick stages, DK64 too for not having hookshot-able sides. I feel I'm forced to strike that stage off almost right away and then I can get to actually striking the rest of the stages. Isn't there a more neutral stage to add in for a 7th?

Also, I didn't see, do we need to announce the character we're playing first then strike stages? If not then I'll just go another character if it comes to DK64.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
weee

Gripe about the rules: DK 64? Maybe this is my fault but that's a waste of a strike for me. If I knew more about the game I might be able to make a better non-personal case, but Link is pretty bad on almost all the counter pick stages, DK64 too for not having hookshot-able sides. I feel I'm forced to strike that stage off almost right away and then I can get to actually striking the rest of the stages. Isn't there a more neutral stage to add in for a 7th?

Also, I didn't see, do we need to announce the character we're playing first then strike stages? If not then I'll just go another character if it comes to DK64.
You forgot about that Rainbow Cruise and Mute City. Link gets ***** there too.

Kevin-Deal.

Roman-We're money matching again and I'm going to destroy you. Your *** got lucky last time. Every time we money match I keep getting closer and closer and I WILL beat you. Scrub.

Oh yeah and it's official, I'm attending.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
weee

What's more neutral than DK64? Besides, having your first stage strike being an autopick isn't really a bad thing. Ultimately, if you don't want DK64, it will never come up *shrug*

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
weee

Are there really four other neutrals that you'd rather strike? I don't really see your point because I don't see how four of the original six neutrals are so terrible for Link that you're put at a disadvantage by having to strike DK 64.

Characters will be picked before stage striking begins, but once again I don't see how this is an issue.

Spife

Smash Master
Are there really four other neutrals that you'd rather strike? I don't really see your point because I don't see how four of the original six neutrals are so terrible for Link that you're put at a disadvantage by having to strike DK 64.

Characters will be picked before stage striking begins, but once again I don't see how this is an issue.
There aren't, and thinking about it I think I could get rid of every stage I wouldn't want to play on because of any match up. All I'm saying is that it forces me to use a strike on dk 64 but one person isn't enough weight to change a rule. If you were any less reasonable jam (<3) you would have just said "stop playing Link then".

I think this came up last time and I think Zoso had a good reason to not use DK64, but I forget what it was (we also took off one neutral)

Edit: I'm wrong, DK64 is fine save the no hook shots on stage. I was just saying it's practically an auto-ban for Link players (lol 1) so for that one case I don't see the point of including it. It's not that there are other stages I'd rather strike, it's that I basically have to strike that stage (hook shot is nice).
I digress, I have no case, the stage is fine.

But, the barrel is 2 dimensional...

Oh and the character picking thing isn't an issue, I just had a question.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
There's no such thing as confirmed attendees unless they pay moniess online. T_T Just look what happened at my tournament. LOL /watches as 50 people don't go T_T

Spife

Smash Master
Roman, wanna NOT mm? I'mm gonna NOT **** you so hard you'll NOT quit smash. You're so NOT gonna get wrecked you'll probably remain apatehtic and not cry or anything.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Omg sidebets on MDZ vs PoF. That'd be soo good.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah, sorry Noodles. I don't really want to try to force three events into one day.

noodles

Smash Champion
possibly.

jam what if i run it/bring a setup and stuff? that place is big

Spife

Smash Master
WHAT PART OF HYPE NI99A DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!?

YOU GOT THIS **** PoF! SHOW THAT M******* WHO'S BOSS!!!!!!!
WTF YOU TALKIN BOUT SON? ROMAN GONNA **** THE ************ OUT OF HIM, THEN THE REST OF CT *****HHHHH
And boss lives in NY iirc

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Mogwai is too logical for swf. He makes too much sense.

The title is still awesome though.

Top Bottom