• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Get Grabbed Results: itt NY > NE

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Melee Singles
1 HBK
2 Hazzard
3 GMoney
4 Zoso
5 Spawn
5 MogWai
7 Alukard
7 Skler
9 Budai
9 NUS
9 Arc
9 ICYlight
13 Awesome Shawn
13 Jam Stunna
13 JVsmooth
13 Kevin M
17 Purple Corbra
17 Chewman
17 Spife
17 Baka
17 Prince of Fire
17 Variola
17 Roman

Singles Bracket

Melee Doubles
1 Welikeupsmash (HBK and Hazzard)
2 Kevin M+Haley (Alukard and G-Money)
3 Smooth Stunners (Jam Stunna and JV Smooth)
4 Darcs JIJI (Nus and Variola)
5 Skurplenurple (Skler and Purple Cobra)
5 Hypnotoads (Mogwai and Budai)
7 Awesome Shawn and ICYlight (Awsmsean and Icylight)

Doubles Bracket

Thanks to everyone who attended. Shoutouts to come later.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT <3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
I'll be first. Hehe. I am so bad at melee now. Not to say I was ever actually any good. >_> The next tournament which V is in will prob be my last for a bit so hopefully I'll see everyone there that I didn't get to see here! I might show up randomly just to see kids though if enough kids I <3 are there. <3

1 HBK - I didn't play/meet anyone from NY. >_>
2 Hazzard - ^
3 GMoney - ^
4 Zoso - Thanks for ****** me, haha. Too good.
5 Spawn - Good ****. Haha, GB! Gotta rep CT son.
5 MogWai - Nice team matches. Your falco is so annoying to hit... ><
7 Alukard - Same as the rest of NY.
7 Skler - Nice team matches... double Samus. -_- ****ing missiles everywhere, ****.
9 Budai - Nice team matches, haha. I guess losing to you guys placed us higher. Hehe.
9 NUS
9 Arc - ?
9 ICYlight - Nice team matches, I don't have original shoutouts at all...
13 Awesome Shawn - Yeah. Don't get so mad at your partner, haha. It's just a game. ><
13 Jam Stunna - You always start winning a match and then just lose. >< Good **** on teams though, Gabriel is so cute! I'm so happy I got to finally meet him. Ice Climbers/Peach is such a weird combo...
13 JVsmooth - Fun team friendlies and in the tournamnet, too good. You're too awesome of a person. Haha, playing with you is always fun.
13 Kevin M - No single play this time, you'd prob **** me now. Fun team friendlies. It was nice getting to play/meet Hailey too. She's going to be too good... like seriously. You guys are so cute together. ><
17 Purple Corbra - Nice team matches, again, double samus. Missiles everywhere, I couldn't recover at all. ><
17 Chewman - Fun team friendlies. LOL. *Knees you right when the match starts*
17 Spife - Fun friendlies. Kids getting good. But wait, I didn't even fight your link. o_O
17 Baka - Good matches man, getting better.
17 Prince of Fire - Getting too good. Close matches, you're going to start ****** me in no time.
17 Variola - Good **** on teams, good choice on my part for making you do sheik. We did pretty well, right in the middle. One more place and we would've got like a dollar or something. LOL.
17 Roman - ****** me in the beginning, getting too good too fast. Good ****, too funny.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Budai thx. I was almost positive that match wasnt recorded. But me and hazz are double fox and gmoney and alu are falco. I just know Im first slot and Hazz is 2

Hazzard-Good **** son...you so beast in teams I didnt do anything
GMoney-Thx for the ride
Zoso-good matches. And wow you powersheild like evrylaser. Mad annoying lol
Spawn-Didnt play but I heard you gave the Sheik slayer a run for his money
MogWai-You play so smart with Falco
Alukard-Mad good son. Gotta stick with high tiers in singles
Skler-First time Ive evr played you. Still not in singles though
Budai-thx for the vids. i think only teams finals were recorded and if you put them up id greatly appreciate it. Take your time though
Awesome Shawn-We shoulda played
Jam Stunna-Thx for hosting. Ill be back if I have a ride for the next one
Kevin M-We have NEVER played :(
Chewman-Marth dittoes. Your car is mad nice
Spife-Lol I wouldnt have minded playing your link. Sheik is a cop out

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Every time I play yoshi, some person of reputable status within the smash community walks over, makes a crack about yoshis low tieredness or shouts something like "YOSHI MAIN?!?!", then forces me into a money match of which i have no chance of winning, and i leave without any singles. Not saying that i mind terribly, its just it would be nice if i could occasionally leave a smash tournament and go STRAIGHT to a strip club.

Edit: also i apologize to KevinM as i donated a dollar for him to enter the tournament, and i do believe that is what cursed him. Sincere apologies.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Jam, can you upload the bracket to allisbrawl.com

I can't even see the bracket lol.

HBK, yuuup. Almost doesn't count enough though. T_T

Dave went like all Fox I think.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Nus, our team name wasn't what I wanted, exactly.

But I hope Dustin sees this anyway.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I went Fox and Marth against Nus, Fox and Sheik against Skler (lost the game I went Sheik though), and Marth against HBK. I think I played all Fox in LB. I probably should've gone Marth against G$, but I really doubt I could've beaten Spawn with Marth.

This was a fun tournament except I left with a bad headache as always. I pretty much got home and collapsed directly into bed. And I like... just woke up. <_<

Alukard

Smash Hero
yayyy budai put up matches really fast ... thanks so much =]

someone convince me to never choose samus ... if u see me pick samus in tournament and its not against another mid/low tier or a random person ... stop me!!!! =]

EDIT ... he doesn't blow that much at it ... seriously

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I actually considered it because I had just been playing somebody with Falcon on that TV right before our match. I went to get a drink and when I came back I was like, "Well, my token is already on Falcon..."

I haven't really played Falcon in weeks, though. He would've ***** me.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Lazy shoutouts!

1 HBK - glad you think my Falco's smart, but my excecution vs. you was gawdawful (Falco getting shield grabbed T_T). Good **** being mad beast, always fun playing you.
2 Hazzard - didn't play you once. We are playing a lot @ SPOC before drinking. Then we are drinking a lot @ SPOC. Then we are playing some more.
3 GMoney - I'm going to second KevinM's request. "G Money, can you like... play every match, ever... for everyone?" You're so **** entertaining to watch and listen to in tourney, <3 <3 <3. Next time we play, I'm not gonna SD @ 0 and then completely lose my composure. Sorry for the ****ty ending to such a nice set.
4 Zoso - GET OUTA MY HEAD!!!!! Seriously, you're mad beast, good **** at continuing to **** me sideways whenever we play.
5 Spawn - You're #2 in CT, :(. I want to $1 MM you at every event we're at. Gotta keep the competition alive and real.
5 MogWai - Why is the W capitalized?
7 Alukard - Falco dittos at my fest were too good. <3 NY Smash.
7 Skler - Revenge was sweet. I sorta felt bad though, cause in retrospect, my character is just a lot better than yours.
9 Budai - raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape. You're too goodz, come to more tournies.
9 NUS - good to finally meet you. spacy team friendlies are awesome.
9 Arc - GGs, your marf is mad nice.
13 Awesome Shawn - getting autocomboed is just part of the game. Stick to either Fox or Marf and you'll get a lot better.
13 Jam Stunna - good to finally play you, good **** beating us in teams.
13 JVsmooth - good to finally play you, good **** beating us in teams.
13 Kevin M - way to not play me :( </3.
17 Chewman - <3
17 Spife - I want to see the community grow so I'm going to point out this bad habit that I've seen when you play. When you're at the character select screen, you always pick Link. I just think you should know that this is very easily punished and you should try to fix this habit.
17 Prince of Fire - I forgot to give you noodles' twilight princess :(.
17 Variola - Fun teams matches bro.
17 Roman - Fun teams matches bro.

Mogwai beat Skler? o_O
yea, son. I don't know if you've heard, but Falco is a very good character and Link isn't very good.

Alukard

Smash Hero
not only that mogwai ... its that ur getting good now son ... getting all technical and **** ... at ur place i was like WTF ... this ***** is combo'in me ... ahhhh

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I wanted to get that match up before I forgot about it. That's all I'll be able to do for a while cause I'm going on vacation Wednesday-Sunday. I'll definitely get a lot more up the few weeks after though.

Good **** everyone, I'll hopefully do shoutouts if I have some time before Wednesday. Mogwai raaaaaaape.

noodles

Smash Champion
Lazy shoutouts!

1 HBK - glad you think my Falco's smart, but my excecution vs. you was gawdawful (Falco getting shield grabbed T_T). Good **** being mad beast, always fun playing you.
2 Hazzard - didn't play you once. We are playing a lot @ SPOC before drinking. Then we are drinking a lot @ SPOC. Then we are playing some more.
3 GMoney - I'm going to second KevinM's request. "G Money, can you like... play every match, ever... for everyone?" You're so **** entertaining to watch and listen to in tourney, <3 <3 <3. Next time we play, I'm not gonna SD @ 0 and then completely lose my composure. Sorry for the ****ty ending to such a nice set.
4 Zoso - GET OUTA MY HEAD!!!!! Seriously, you're mad beast, good **** at continuing to **** me sideways whenever we play.
5 Spawn - You're #2 in CT, :(. I want to $1 MM you at every event we're at. Gotta keep the competition alive and real.
5 MogWai - Why is the W capitalized?
7 Alukard - Falco dittos at my fest were too good. <3 NY Smash.
7 Skler - Revenge was sweet. I sorta felt bad though, cause in retrospect, my character is just a lot better than yours.
9 Budai - raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape. You're too goodz, come to more tournies.
9 NUS - good to finally meet you. spacy team friendlies are awesome.
9 Arc - GGs, your marf is mad nice.
13 Awesome Shawn - getting autocomboed is just part of the game. Stick to either Fox or Marf and you'll get a lot better.
13 Jam Stunna - good to finally play you, good **** beating us in teams.
13 JVsmooth - good to finally play you, good **** beating us in teams.
13 Kevin M - way to not play me :( </3.
17 Chewman - <3
17 Spife - I want to see the community grow so I'm going to point out this bad habit that I've seen when you play. When you're at the character select screen, you always pick Link. I just think you should know that this is very easily punished and you should try to fix this habit.
17 Prince of Fire - I forgot to give you noodles' twilight princess :(.
17 Variola - Fun teams matches bro.
17 Roman - Fun teams matches bro.

yea, son. I don't know if you've heard, but Falco is a very good character and Link isn't very good.
:( its in ct so it doesnt matter as much though. i only really care because its my brothers

Bakasquad5

Smash Apprentice
Ride the Hurricane Road Artist formerly known as t
mini shoutouts cuz im too lazy for anything else

Roman - good stuff in friendlies, fun times as always

Spife - Too bad we didn't get to play more GG, SF4 beckoned me soz. Anywhoo good stuff, hope you can make it to the GG/SF4 tournament this weekend, also we didn't link ditto, what has the world come to. My shirt was definitely top tier though

Arc - Nice matches, your marth is really good, friendlies were awesome too

Smkay - Sam, good seeing you as always, it's all about Yoshi, i'll try and make it down there for that tournament, facebook me the info on it

Nus - Fun match, not use to you playing fox though lol, were was falco =(

Jam, Jv Smooth, Gabriel, Zoriada, 4swords SF4 crew - Good stuff peoples, fun times as per usual

PoF - Didn't get to play you in Smash but our SF4 mm was good, your Sagat isn't gay enough though.

Yah that's about it for my attention span so.
To those i forgot or didn't play, Soz maybe next time

No Johns but playing 2 tournaments (SF4 / Melee singles) at the same time... not a good idea

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
PoF - Didn't get to play you in Smash but our SF4 mm was good, your Sagat isn't gay enough though.
Whats your user name on PS3? I had "I cant do any combos/projectiles consistently" johns. The Xbox 360 controller is horrible for fighting games. My Dan is actually pretty sweet too. I use Sagat, Sakura, Dan, and Akuma. I'm not a SF IV tier *****.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Mogwai, $1 mms every tournament sound incredible. I'm going to get better at camping on FD though. >:o

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
on fd? i'll uthrow cg you at 0% with falcon

every char has a chaingrab and i know them all (sometimes they don't work at all but they work sometimes =)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
you can grab them twice in a row and they cant do anythin it's a cg ii mean marths you can get out of sometimes and its still considered a cg, DI dependent, waggle to shine gets ut at certain %'s etc

implementation and fcking up are all parts of the game. and i know all cgs with all chars that can work (altho some on stages that arent legal) with moving platforms, sloped ground, walls, and falling objects (blocks rainbow cruise) and moving slopes (rainbow cruise again) i kno all the dumbest cg's ever imaginable!!!!!!!!

Spife

Smash Master
I'm very pleased with this information. I was wondering why I was always losing.
lol at everyone who didn't play my Link at this tourny though

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Marth's CG is a CG because it's inescapable if you do it perfectly.

Also, wiggling out doesn't actually reduce the hitstun at all.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I can jump out of it, TML. Get *****.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
its the job of each player to fulfill the cg thats what i mean, di and following it!

and SPAWN, i'll take you to corneria or dk64 and cg you at 0% on sloped surfaces NOW WAT

Bakasquad5

Smash Apprentice
Ride the Hurricane Road Artist formerly known as t
Whats your user name on PS3? I had "I cant do any combos/projectiles consistently" johns. The Xbox 360 controller is horrible for fighting games. My Dan is actually pretty sweet too. I use Sagat, Sakura, Dan, and Akuma. I'm not a SF IV tier *****.
haha, well i don't own a PS3 until the end of the week, I finally get my baby back after a long parting. My PSN account name is set up though if you still wanna take it down. PSN - BakaGDS. I play Cammy - Main, Balrog, Ken and Akuma for funz though, Dan is hilarious, i suck with him though. The game is really balanced, you could pretty much win with anyone, except vega and dan, they suck too much lol. And yes the Xbox 360 controller was ****, i couldn't do any of my focus links on that PoS.

Top Bottom