• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Die by Buffering a Nair

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
More people need to know this. I know this used to cause me a lot of suicides when I was relatively new to the game. =/

When you do for a Dsmash gimp at the edge, it's always the worst when it buffers into a Dair and you end up dying.

The way to prevent this is:
LET GO OF THE C-STICK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND HIT "A".

This will cause the Dsmash to buffer into a Nair if it was shielded. ^_^

This means:
-No insta-death
-The enemy's shield gets depleted a little more
Apply this to you.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
So you're telling us we should Nair as soon as we Dsmash(which is a complete garbage move to use anyway) near the edge.....that's an SD right there for Ike since Nair has ALOT of cooldown time >_>

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
this is the worst idea ever for ike =/
I thought it was going to tell me how to avoid doing a nair off the edge, or some boss way to cancel it, but instead you tell me to use it. I am sad :(

Kirk

Smash Champion
Meaning, replace 'Nair' with something else. For us it would be Bair, but if you're near a ledge to begin with, you should be letting go of 'A' ASAP anyway, or just not Jab at all.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Meaning, replace 'Nair' with something else. For us it would be Bair, but if you're near a ledge to begin with, you should be letting go of 'A' ASAP anyway, or just not Jab at all.
Oh...well, I just read the OP wrong >.>
This would be very similar to DASC then, I'm trying to get the reflex to bair/dair/uair after my opponent shields my dash attack on edges.

@-RedX-: Welcome to SWF! :D
Thanks. lol

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
epic advice is epic
NO IT'S NOT!
... seriously though. I think I'll go and start using nair more often when I fall off stage, it just makes sense. Better, I'll do walk-off nairs outta the stage. thanks for the epic advice. I can't comprehend why this wasn't pointed out sooner o-Serin-o.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
More realistically, you may find yourself, back directly to the ledge, and you attempt to jab somebody (even though a grab may be more logical) and you get shield pushed off. If you happened to be tapping "A" and left the stick neutral, you will inevitably die. So the obvious solution is to do anything that isn't keeping the stick neutral and tapping "A". The best solution would be to simply not tap "A" to jab when found in this predicament, really.

stealthwarrior17

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2938-7216-1604
What a flame, but its true though. Simply dont jab, its not worth losing a stock over. There is a large amount of other approaches to escape the situation and turn the tables. The only plus to all this is its funny to die while doing a Nair, lol.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Yes, I've been doing this consistently on wifi, nothing bad happens unless your opponent decides to punish the airdodge, but the airdodge is kinda unexpected too.

Top Bottom