• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink: ~After Story~ 3

How much should doubles cost per team?

• $10

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • $20

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scythe

Smash Master
kain we should team lol you don't need lucario, it can be us!

_Kain_

Smash Champion
6+4= 10

Indeed we in there found my partner for side event les go

Quik17

Smash Ace
-The player who won starts with all fresh stocks for the second game
Why??

It would be a lot more hype if it was crew-battle format imo cause it takes away the likely possibilities of top players just flat-out sweeping entire teams turning it into just a mini-singles event.

Crew battle format also allows for a lot more variety in teams/characters instead of forcing people to use their mains so they have a chance to compete with players like Kain/Arty/Hunger

Just some thoughts

Scythe

Smash Master
Why??

It would be a lot more hype if it was crew-battle format imo cause it takes away the likely possibilities of top players just flat-out sweeping entire teams turning it into just a mini-singles event.

Crew battle format also allows for a lot more variety in teams/characters instead of forcing people to use their mains so they have a chance to compete with players like Kain/Arty/Hunger

Just some thoughts
problem is it would be easy for a team of 5 low tiers. If they face two people then they only need to take 4 stocks for 5 people

Oro?!

Smash Hero
It's an experiment tournament Quik. If it doesn't work out how we have it know, it will either get adjusted to work if people like it enough, or scrapped.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
So this tourney is looking to get some OoS interest. Not sure how many people, but yeah. Would you guys want to raise doubles to $20 per team for this thing? It's not a horrible idea, since it's the last time MK will be around here.

I don't care either way, so let's see what everyone else thinks.

Edit: I added a poll.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Oh I didn't even notice that the stocks don't carry over from match to match.

That's awful, whoever has Kain on their team wins pretty much lol. It's like a singles tournament. (basically what Quik said)

Scythe

Smash Master
Oh I didn't even notice that the stocks don't carry over from match to match.

That's awful, whoever has Kain on their team wins pretty much lol. It's like a singles tournament. (basically what Quik said)
all according to plan

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I mean I'd give Kain the business but not if I'm stuck with Ganondorf ;_;

hadesblade

Smash Lord
problem is it would be easy for a team of 5 low tiers. If they face two people then they only need to take 4 stocks for 5 people
It's a lot more reasonable for a top tier to take 2 stocks before losing 1 against a bottom tier than it is for a bottom tier to beat a top tier in a full game (even 2 stock). Also the largest possible team has 4 players due to no 2 characters of same tier.

Crews style makes a lot more sense. Though I probably won't be here anyway xD, I'd like to see this event succeed because it's a cool idea.

hunger!

Smash Champion
I think we're running minus at this? and if so, we should switch it up and do some minus teams! like $2-3 a person/$4/5/6 a team. Don't believe we've ran minus teams before. (and it would finish sooner ^_^)

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Hate to break it to you Hunger, but I think this time around, we're switching out Minus for our experimental tournament. And we ran Minus teams back at Kirk's old smashfests, it's farrrrr too broken. Minus was never intended to have teams, and I personally wouldn't put money down on it. (even though I won the tournament at Kirk's :awesome:)

Jonnybarbs

Smash Rookie
We'll be there

My roomate and I will be there, we're new to the competitive scene, but I did win my college tournament...We have a 32" lcd and lots of controllers..

Zwarm

Smash Hero
My roomate and I will be there, we're new to the competitive scene, but I did win my college tournament...We have a 32" lcd and lots of controllers..
Awesome, I added you to the list of TV's.

People, we need more Wii's, we have 2 right now... If you're bringing one, tell me, please.

Scythe

Smash Master
Assuming arthur goes and gives me a ride, I will bring my setup

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
singles: 1st Place: Marshall ( 8 victories by JV 4 stock)
doubles: 1st place : Marshall and Grimace (We actually won a tournament in a Chinese restaurant)
Fixed

No, you're bad. get a teammate and MM me and marshall, any amount. And minus teams is amazing. just like melee teams. But if ya'll wanna give this experimental one a go, word.
THIS hunger and I for life, we be taking all yall on.

I gotta pay for dat chipotle somehow.

ALSO

Umvc3, how much, and is there going to be a b- setup?

ALSO: I heard some dweeb from Janesville was looking for a ride or something?

Also: Jake, wanna win this side tournament?

hunger!

Smash Champion
@oro, pick a teammate of your choice and name the amount. :)

@marsh, they're not doing minus as a tourney but we can still **** ppl in mm's at it and sure, i dont really understand the side tourney thing but ill do it.

Top Bottom