• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink: ~After Story~ 3

How much should doubles cost per team?

• $10

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • $20

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Don't Blink: ~After Story~ 3

Venue

425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

http://www.cod.edu/Maps/local2.gif

The SRC Building
http://www.cod.edu/Maps/campus2.gif

We will be labeled 1740 on this map
http://www.cod.edu/Maps/SRC_12.gif

The room is full of tables and chairs and the windows all look black from the outside. It's a very spacious and can easily hold 50+

Okay well now a lot of the chairs are gone, but there's still plenty of couches and tables.

The parking is free in the student parking lot right outside the building.

Schedule

Saturday -- December 3rd, 2011
11:00 - 12:30 - Registration
12:30 - Brawl Doubles Bracket
2:00 - Brawl Pools
3:30 - Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
4:00 - Super Street Fighter 4: AE Bracket(3rd Strike will comence on completion of the AE bracket)
6:00 - Brawl Singles Bracket
7:00 - Brawl Minus Bracket

Times are approximate and subject to change at the TO's discretion.

Prices and Payouts

Venue Fee - $3

Main Events:
Brawl Doubles - $5 per Person($10 per team)
Brawl Singles - $10

Side Events:
Brawl Minus - $2
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition - $2
Street Fighter 3rd Strike - $2
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - $2

Side Event Notes:
-Brawl Minus will use the latest official release version. 4 stocks. Same ruleset as Brawl.
-SSF4:AE, 3SO, and UMvC3 will be Bo3 rounds, Bo3 games. Finals matches Bo5.

Setup List

TV's
1. Zwarm
2. Zwarm
3. Oro
4. Oro
5. SpongeJordan
6. Jonnybarbs
7. Scythe
8. DLA
9. Hunger
10. Marshall
11. Bpow?

Wii's
1. Zwarm
2. Oro
3. Scythe
4. DLA
5. Hunger
6. Marshall
7. Jonnybarbs
8. Bpow

Other systems (PS3/360)
1. Zwarm (PS3)
2. SpongeJordan (360)

Note: Your venue fee will be waived if you bring a FULL setup. That means both a TV and a Wii/PS3/360, NOT one or the other.

We NEED setups for this thing. We've been getting less and less people bringing setups with them for these tournaments, and it's slowing the whole thing down. Last tournament, Oro and I accounted for almost half of the setups we had. Please, bring setups, and let us know you're bringing them on this thread, so we can add you to the list.

Payouts

Payouts (Brawl Doubles)
1. 60%
2. 30%
3. 10%

Payouts (Brawl Doubles >20 teams)
1. 55%
2. 30%
3. 10%
4. 5%

Payouts (Brawl Singles <30 people)
1. 55%
2. 30%
3. 10%
4. 5%

Payouts (Brawl Singles >30 people)
1. 48%
2. 22%
3. 14%
4. 8%
5. 4%
5. 4%

Payouts (Side Events)
-60/30/10 if 10 or more entrants.
-Less than 10 entrants, 2nd place gets money back, 1st gets rest of pot.

Food/Announcement

We are discontinuing the free pizza and free drinks. Instead, the $3 venue fee will go toward a pot bonus for a tournament Oro and I will hold in Summer 2012. More info in the near future.

There are many fast food restaurants within ~5 minutes of driving distance. (Taco Bell/Chipotle/KFC/etc)

Kappy Clause: LOL!

Brawl Rules

- 3 Stock

- 8 minute timer

- Items are set to "off" and "none"

- All sets with the exception of grand finals, winner's finals, winner's semi-finals, loser's finals, and loser's semi-finals are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

- Standing infinites and ledge infinites are banned.

- Marth's infinites of Ness and Lucas are banned.

- Suicide Rule - If a game ends in a suicide move, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. If the rematch ends in a suicide move, the winner will be determined by the player with the lowest percentage.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- Stalling is banned.

-There will be a Ledge Grab Limit of 50. If your match ends as a result of time, and a player has exceeded the Ledge Grab Limit, he or she loses that match.

-LoZ's Stupid Boner Rule - In the event that you should find yourself excessively enjoying a match or it's surroundings, you are required a 5 minute break to walk it off. This is not optional. Disclaimer: Rule only applies to Brawl, you are allowed to enjoy the other games to their fullest capacity without being issued a time out or a ban.

Stages

Starters

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege

Counterpicks

Delphino Plaza
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

-First stage is agreed upon by the two competitors through stage striking, random selection or mutual agreement and they must choose a Neutral (Starter) stage.

The Stage Striking Process:

The seven neutral stages will be the only highlighted ones in the Stage Selection menu. Players can rock-paper-scissors to see who strikes first or mutual agree.

The first player strikes one stage from the seven neutrals.

The second player strikes two stages from the remaining stages.

The first player strikes two stages from the remaining stages.

The second player strikes one more stage from the list. The remaining stage is the one that will be played for the first match of the set.

The Double Blind Selection Rule:

If both players are having a dispute as to how to select their characters for the first match (usually to avoid unfair counterpicking) the Double Blind Rule may be used. A neutral third party (usually a T.O) will be called in and both players will tell the T.O. their character. Then both players will pick their characters at the same time.

The Counterpicking Process:

Before the player who lost the previous match selects their stage, the opponent may designate a stage ban. That stage cannot be selected by that player for the entire set.
The player who lost the previous match will then select their stage for the next match.
The opponent may switch characters after the stage selection.
Once the opponent has selected their character, the player who lost the previous match may finally change their character if they desire.

Pools/Bracket format

-For the Brawl Singles event, players will be assigned to one of 4 or 8 pools(depending on total number of entrants).

-Pools will be Round Robin format.

-In the event of a tie between two or more players in the same pool, the following criteria will be used to determine the tie-breaker in this order:

**Set Wins**
**Head to Head**
**Wins**
**Losses**
**One Game Rematch(1 stock, 3minute timer)**

-At the conclusion of pools, players will be seeded into a 16, 24, or 32-man bracket(again, depending on total number of entrants). Pool cuts may be necessary in order to create the bracket.

General Rules

-BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.

-Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks. If there is any doubt in the ruling of a pausing incident, stop what you are doing and CALL ONE OF THE TOs TO YOUR MATCH.

-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag.

-Coaching is allowed only between games, not during.

-DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.

-The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.

-Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.

TO Contact

Zwarm -- 847 - 239 - 0343
Oro -- 630 - 740 - 0270

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Few announcements.

-MK is legal for this tournament
-No more free pizza/drinks, instead the venue money will go toward a pot bonus for a future tournament Oro and I will hold.
-Melee will not run this month.
-Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 has been added to the side tournaments.
-Bring setups, people!

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Last chance to beat the DLA/Sago/Marshall-knight in tournament. Get hype

I wont go MK unless you take me to brinstar/cruise though so ya

:phone:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
dealbreaker
It's either that or we raise the venue fee to an unwaivable $5 so we don't end up paying $50-60 out of pocket on the food/drinks.

Either way, we're planning on saving the venue fee to get a bigger venue and a pot bonus for a tournament we hope will be, at the very least, a regional.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I dunno, if barns is too lazy to make a tournament thread when there's less than two weeks left until the tournament, he's probably too lazy to host a regional.

Freight train motha****a...its ya BOI

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Lol my MK is butt now. Actually I lied my MK did really well at Revenge. But yeah anyways. My MK is strictly an anti-douchebag tool at this tournament.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I hate to be a douche, but you guys don't really have room to ***** at us. We're the only reason IL has a scene right now, we're just nice and continued what Arty started when he started running DBDC. We have no obligation to give you guys free stuff every month, so instead we've decided to start saving for a bigger tournament. Get over it.

Akashi

Smash Lord
I hate to be a douche, but you guys don't really have room to ***** at us. We're the only reason IL has a scene right now, we're just nice and continued what Arty started when he started running DBDC. We have no obligation to give you guys free stuff every month, so instead we've decided to start saving for a bigger tournament. Get over it, imo.
You can't put a imo at the end of real talk. Speak the truth, and don't fluff:). On the topic of the tourney - can I bring my 360 for umvc3? I hate playing on ps controllers, and... Xbox fighters are better anyways ;)

@DLA: I'm confused, so are you saying you won't use mk against me unless I cp brin/rc, or you won't use mk unless something silly/you get paah'd 1st round? :O

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I think he just means if you take him to lame stages, or attempt lame matchups on said lame stages. He only went MK because YbM took him to RC iirc.

Also Zwarm/Diego/I discussed a new format for a side tournament that will be run at this. It sounds really fun and I am going to do a write up for it in a little while. It was inspired by a 3rd Strike tournament, and we think it could translate to Smash fairly well.

Sago

Smash Lord
singles: 1st Place: Sago ( 8 victories by Time Out)
doubles: 1st place : Sago and Kain (The Legendary China Buffet Interracial Double date)

Imma teach ya'll how to play yuh characters. See you in the winners circle.

P.S. Red Ryu can i get a name change to "The Able Bodied Gentlman"

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Oh, I didn't realize that was a question, lol. Yeah, go ahead and bring it, I've been playing UMvC3 on 360 anyway. Will you be bringing a TV too, or just the 360?

Akashi

Smash Lord
singles: 1st place Marshall, 2nd Place: Sago ( 8 victories by Time Out, but can't time out another MK :c)
doubles: 1st place : Sago and Kain (The Legendary China Buffet Interracial Double date)

Imma teach ya'll how to play yuh characters. See you in the winners circle.

P.S. Red Ryu can i get a name change to "The Able Bodied Gentlman"
With love,

P.S: Not being sarcastic, but why the no e in Gentleman, Sago?

edit: @Zwarm - just the 360 b/c I'm commuting from Meneil's place

Oro?!

Smash Hero
~Free Side Event~

Point Teams Tournament

Basically for this event, each team is allowed to have a total point value of 10 (might change to 11), and each character has a point value assigned to it.

For instance

God Tier- MK, qualifies as being worth 6 points.*

Top Tier- would all be worth 5 points

High Tier- would all be worth 4 points

Mid Tier- would all be worth 3 points

and Low/Bottom Tier- would all be worth 2 points

*=(Kain is also worth 6 points because of how broken he would be if associated with Wolf's real value. If Kain were to play a different character, then he would use that characters value. This is more of a preventative measure of OP teams such as Kain/Hunger Kain/Arty Kain/Sago more than anything; every other top tier players characters balance themselves out by being naturally higher on the tier list.)

As long as the total team point value is equal to, or under the maximum amount, any combination of players is allowed. Any combination of characters is also allowed, but there cannot be two characters of the same sub tier on one team. This is to prevent a team of all the same character, and as a slight form of balance. ---->

An example of this would be, the top tier. It consists of sub tier
A: :diddy:(+1) :snake:(-1) :falco: (±0)
and sub tier
B: :marth:(+1) :wario:(-1) :popo:(±0) :olimar:(±0) :pikachu2:(±0)

It is not allowed for a Diddy and a Snake to be on the same team, and it is also not allowed to have a Marth and Wario on the same team, but Diddy and Marth together is fair game.

Once teams are decided and put up against each other, the match goes as followed.
-Rules set to 2 stock (subject to change)
-no timer
-players will be sent in double blind
-The first stage will either be agreed upon, or struck from the neutrals
-After the first game, the losing team gets to counterpick character and a stage from the neutral list
-The player who won starts with all fresh stocks for the second game
-the cycle is then repeated until one team runs out of players

The winning team of the free side event gets 20$ (woohoo), and 2nd place will get 10$

Having more players means splitting the money more, but also having less total stocks. If this event is fun and everyone likes it, we can switch it in as a side event with entry from now on.

Any questions, comments, concerns, suggestions; please fire away.

Begin discussing team options :)

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I'm a bit offended that there's no DLA clause. Oh well who wants to split the $20?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
By the way, this is the tier list we are going off of.

God
S: Meta Knight

A: Diddy Kong, Snake, Falco
B: Marth, Wario, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Pikachu

High
C: Lucario, King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Mr. Game & Watch, Toon Link
D: Fox, Wolf, Peach

Mid
E: Donkey Kong, Kirby, R.O.B., Pit, Sonic
F: Ike, Sheik/Zelda, Luigi, Sheik, Ness, Yoshi, Pokémon Trainer

Low
G: Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon
H: Link, Jigglypuff, Zelda, Ganondorf

So yes, a team with Ganon/Lucas/Sheik/ROB is a possibility.

Also, you are character locked for this thing, each player can only choose one character before the tournament, we will keep track of who uses who.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Actually I was thinking that the characters would be locked for the round.

It might be possible to have players switch characters against the next team they play as long as they meet the point limit/tier limits.

Picking low tiers has just as much upside as downside DLA.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm a bit offended that there's no DLA clause. Oh well who wants to split the $20?
That was what I was thinking too.

I won't be able to make this one, but mega bus has like 2 dollar round trip rides there from Omaha so probably the next one.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Since there's such a problem with this in the Skype chat, each person is allowed one character, and that character can be changed between sets, as long as you still abide by the 10 point rule. You cannot be a team of 4 by yourself to make more money... DLA.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Akashi, I'm bringing my TE and UMvC3 setup + decent TV. Its no ASUS obv, but it has no input lag it seems. At least not enough to notice in effin' Marvel.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Since this keeps getting brought up, there is a minimum requirement of 2 people per team (why do I even have to say this DLA?)

and there is also a maximum of 1 character per player per round (you may not use Ganon and Falcon if you are DLA and then team with a MK. 3 characters for 2 players is a no go. Just team with a Falcon then man...)

Top Bottom