• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink! 4 - Northbrook, IL - 6/19/10 - Brawl, Brawl+, Melee!!

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
:uzi: :colorful: :rocket: :uzi: :colorful: :rocket: :uzi: :colorful: :rocket:

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
With the new shield stun (if we're using the experimental build) then Kirby- is much more viable than he is in the official build. He can now shield grab with his ridiculous grab range once again! :D

As for dubs, I want + dubs!

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
if you guys decide on melee doubles, I'll hype it up in the Mi boards, and see if melee is interested. Before they said they didn't want to go because of the lack of doubles. x:

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
I personally would like brawl - doubles. Again though, let's give some love to the melee ppl IF this is a brawl/melee tourney.

Brawl singles/doubles
possible mid tier/+/- singles thats already a lot of brawl events peepz

melee only got singles.. so i vote for melee, if not. Brawl - doubles. (Just if a lotta ppl want melee dubz, the community shuld not disappoint in #'s!)

Oro?!

Smash Hero
if you guys decide on melee doubles, I'll hype it up in the Mi boards, and see if melee is interested. Before they said they didn't want to go because of the lack of doubles. x:
If MI will come with the addition of Melee dubs, then I'm sure my TO coutnerparts would have no prob with it then. I always assume they will happen, first time was time constraint, second time was lack of players, this should be able to have dubs.:)

Edit: confirmation on Melee dubs seeing as they don't interfere with anything. Should still have time for a Brawl+ dubs event too. Of course that is pending due to time. Would MI need housing for this?

Needs more Melee hype. Tink, Kels, Cosmo, EighteenSpikes, where you at? MI wants to take yo money.

Scythe

Smash Master
/Hardly any melee players are asking for doubles. As for me i'll do any doubles.

Kail

Smash Lord
Well usually, when the OP states melee doubles are only a maybe and it also depends on time it doesn't give much hope. Plus there are already 5 events so the time factor doesn't look so good.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Why is anyone even coming to this? Ook is just going to win at everything forever. Just give your money to Ook so we can use it to play DDR all night.

/tournament

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Well usually, when the OP states melee doubles are only a maybe and it also depends on time it doesn't give much hope. Plus there are already 5 events so the time factor doesn't look so good.
None of the Melee players really play any Brawl event, they are essentially off to the side and finish really early. There will be enough time for doubles.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
isnt there already a MI melee tournament this day?
Idk, but we have had this date for quite a while, and are asked to run monthlies, and this was the only possible day. 1st weekend was MLG, 2nd weekend is Showdown/MAS, and last weekend is POE3. This was the only possible day to do this.

Arty don't be hating on George. I love that guy (no homo).

Pete434

Smash Cadet
What are the chances that a good melee turnout will happen?

also if anyone wants a ride that lives on the far east side of chicago don't hesitate to PM me. Driving alone sucks :(

Quaz

Smash Master
Arty is actually pretty solid in Melee, Dart.

Sooo I don't get off work until 7, meaning I wont be here until about 7:30. I guess anything that starts before 7:30 I'll miss. Its no big deal though.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Arty is actually pretty solid in Melee, Dart.

Sooo I don't get off work until 7, meaning I wont be here until about 7:30. I guess anything that starts before 7:30 I'll miss. Its no big deal though.
You know we usually aim for Melee to start at 7, but depending on how many are there, we will see what can be done. Might just do doubles first then too considering you hate them or w/e.

Robin60062

Smash Apprentice
Anyone live around Northbrook and play Melee? I live in Northbrook, and haven't played in forever!

And this tourny sounds awesome! Hopefully I can make it...

Top Bottom