• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Donkey Kong Social Thread (read first post!)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A new move?

Plus, the definition of sex itself:

"

DK looks ****ing sexy in this game! Can't wait to co-main him again!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
A new move?

Plus, the definition of sex itself:

"

DK looks ****ing sexy in this game! Can't wait to co-main him again!

I'm pretty sure the first picture is just his up+B used on the ground. From the trailer it looked like the move has a slightly different animation now, with him angling his arms differently so you can see more of his body while he spins.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Looked like Up B on the ground. DK looks amazing in this game. The head was shrunk down a bit and the arms increased in musculature. Plus fur texture gets an A.

Cool Daddy Booty Funk

Smash Cadet
I'm amazed DK's final smash wasn't something along these lines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ-drBrCVJg

He would stun an opponent, and then wail on them with quick punches before an uppercut K.O.
It would be one of those single target final smashes, but anything is better than his current final smash. I listen to music when I play so I always have trouble keeping the rhythm.

As for the rest of his moves, I feel that the less changes the better. He was my main in brawl and I love his current moveset. On the other hand I don't play competitively, so I don't know how abysmal he is when fighting chain grabbers and DeDeDe

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
DK definitely looks better than in brawl, heres hoping for a revamped final smash. Although i do wish they could have made him as fluffy as he is in DKC Tropical Freeze

grizby2

Smash Lord
uhh.. yeah...
just give him an arial down-b option and the Roll from DKC, a lil' speed here and there and hes good to go. :]

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I think that picture above is an up tilt. So far everything is the same except on the ground the up special swings his arms in various directions. It looks like he can get a little momentum from a stand still as well.

Forward Smash is the same. Down special is the same.

So far we have not seen his dash attack or forward special. There is still hope for a Barrel Roll!

I like his deign a lot more in the game. In one portion of the trailer where he first eyes MegaMan he looks like a scary rabid gorilla.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I think you might be able to angle his Spinning Kong now, making the grounded version a bit more reliable if whiffed. The lack of teeth in his new model is a bit odd, but overall, I like it. Very fluffy, and it looks like DKCR, which is great.

This is the only thing I will accept for a new Final Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DK will definitely be a co-main of me again. Though, with Sakurai stating Bowser got a major speed upgrade, there's hoping for some buffs for DK to in this regard. Wish we could see what his dash attack looked like already! And yeah, it's probably his Up B on the ground. But still, it looks awesome as ****!!

Am so ****ing hyped for Tropical Freeze to!! :dk2::diddy:

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
DK definitely looks better than in brawl, heres hoping for a revamped final smash. Although i do wish they could have made him as fluffy as he is in DKC Tropical Freeze

Not sure how well that'd fit into the art style as a whole but hey, they have plenty of time to brush up graphical details and maybe they'll do it!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
DK's new model is just too sexy. Look at this beast, LOOK at him!

Other smashers WISH they were that sexy. But naw. NAW. Seriously, that fur is the hypest ****. :happysheep:

Luigi player

Smash Master
It looks to me that his bair has a little less range, but it seems faster.

I just wish for him to have a good dash attack roll like in DKC games. And no grab-stuff from other characters...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I haven't seen him use the B Air yet.

Hopefully his Side B gets replaced to by something more useful.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Looks kind of the same animation as in Brawl. So here's hoping he gets at least the range on it as in Melee. Am hoping he's still as strong as in Brawl though. Speeded up Bowser kinda makes me worry about DK being left behind though. :urg:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Miiverse Spam 1: Draw pictures of DK rolling with a <= <= (A) drawn next to that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Meanwhile at Nintendo:

Aerial Down B can be a command grab, or his Sound Wave attack from Jungle Beat me thinks.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
He could start clapping his hands, creating little shockwaves for as long as you keep tapping the button. It'd be a pretty similar move to what it's like on the ground, so it wouldn't be confusing.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bringing this to discussion again, do you guys think Bowser will actually be faster than DK this time around?

Luigi player

Smash Master
In the first trailer at his intro he was running like as fast as Sonic lol, but in reality it's probably about the same as it was in Brawl...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's close to useless cause it's very slow and laggy. Also quite uninspired I feel. Cause c'mon, there's better moves to think of for freaking Donkey Kong. I mean, they can give Sheik, Captain Falcon, the StarFox characters and others complete made up moves. And give Bowser some awesome command grab, and Dk only has a special where he burries people in the ground with his head. I wanna see some command grab, or possibly even a Barrel Throw attack. Though, I think if he'd throw barrels, we'd probably have seen that by now......

Luigi player

Smash Master
Okay, I'll bite. What was wrong with Headbutt?
It didn't really help DK too much and was really slow. You can't really break shields with it, because people will spotdodge it on reaction or attack you before it connects.
The reward for hitting with it is definitely not worth the punishment you can get for missing, especially when it is so hard to correctly hit with it.
Most of the time the opponent will break out of the ground before you can really punish them hard enough.

It has a few uses like stalling in the air or punishing some stuff and maybe even spiking sometimes, but that's all really situational.

It could be better with a little more range or disjointedness, but I wouldn't mind a new move too. If it'll still be his headbutt it should definitely be a little better...

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Oh, now I see.

But, I'm not for getting Donkey a projectile. He's meant for close range action. He's too good for a projectile.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DK would've easily been high tier if he wasn't so easily chaingrabbed in Brawl. Only Ness and Lucas had it worse than him regarding this.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Personally I'd like his N64's Forward Tilt animation back, working the same as his slap, with the same range, but a little more power. Overall I hope DK remains as good in taking stocks as in Brawl. Cause after Ike, DK is probably the character you can take stocks with the easiest. Couple that with his high agility and mobility for a heavy weight, and that pretty much explains why he's a blast to play as in Brawl.

It's just a shame one character completely made him close to worthless.... :facepalm:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I hope they don't change his tilts, those were perfect. D-Tilt too good.
Aside from his newly angled up special on ground, i think he will most likely stay the same.
moves still may change down the line. Remember how Kirby's forward air changed from the initial Brawl trailer?

I hope DK gets his Donkey Kong Country roll as his dash attack.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd be really upset if they don't include his roll as the dash attack this time... They basically have no excuse now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How about replacing the Headbut with an attack that uses DK's arms to put people under the ground? Like, a Hammer Arm Attack or something? It could drastically increase om the range and speed compared to the Headbut. And could work even as a legitimate meteor / spike as an edgeguard.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I always felt Diddy's F Smash was inspired by that move. Speaking of, I'd like his 64 F Tilt back, if only the animation. A full body punch is more intimidating than a slap...

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Give him his Coconut Shotgun from DK64 & I'll be happy
Then have DK say yeah, when he gets it out, I loved when he did that in DK64, it made me laugh everytime, it's better than headbutt.

Also please tell no more bongos for Final Smash.

Top Bottom