• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolls War - Vienna, Austria ~ Results are up!

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Willz ur so wrong, if u look at the posts u can CLEARLY see that most of the ppl want low tier,
anyway paying for melee+brawl both together isn't that smart either, since brawl is the main even, brawl pot would probably be bigger, which would make allot of melee players complain about this.
not to mention that a tournament of this size would attract ALLOT of melee players making it look more like melee was the main event.

Id rather play low tiers becuz its easier and more fun for the brawl players but yeaaaah just my opinion i guess if there are more ppl who wants melee i wouldnt really mind to play melee either

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Low-tier tourney? Hm... I'll have to learn a new character then.

It's fine if there is no Melee tournament. I'm sure there will be Melee freeplay during friday, and it will be fun.

Nothing but the idea of entering a giant Brawl tourney and meeting lots of guys I've always wanted to meet irl pleases me. ^^

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I see Kodama has put me on the list, and please keep in mind the date of the tourney so we Dutchies can all come :). (no prob for me, since I don't have school yaaayzz!!)
Also, just go with the low-tier tourney, most of the people voted for this and people can bring Melee themselves for money-matches, just set up a couple of tv's for Melee and they'll do fine.

Curaga

Smash Ace
I will say this:

If I can break into the Florida power rankings before March 12, 2010..

I will make every attempt to visit my fellow Fox player and check out Austria.

I'll be hanging out with the English and American folk if I attend. XD

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
If you bring M2K or somebody else who's good at both games and team with him ... you already got both game's doubles covered (at least Brawl) and getting top 3 at Brawl singles should be possible too (if you don't neglect it). Or you bring Atomsk and win doubles at Brawl and still do well in singles.
Ehm... you're are really overrating Inui you know...

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
Heya, there. Add me to the portuguese people.
I cant wait for this tournament. I bet it'll b awsom.

Pep1to

Smash Journeyman
I dont know why europeans overrates americans so much, stfu until we play em, then talk.

on topic: we are sorry if e are putting presure on you onishiba :(, but well do what you can, if u cant host a side-event then a brawl tourney would be fantastic :D.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I dont know why europeans overrates americans so much, stfu until we play em, then talk.

on topic: we are sorry if e are putting presure on you onishiba :(, but well do what you can, if u cant host a side-event then a brawl tourney would be fantastic :D.
Yea, I mean, Armada placed pretty good in Brawl at Genesis, while not even focussing on the game. And he isn't even the best European player. So I'm pretty sure that Europe's top players are easily up par with America's. <_<

And yea, as said, give me time. There is no need to hurry, as I will meet the hostel owners in a week. Until then, I won't promise anything but Doubles and Singles for Brawl, as those are guaranteed events.

add redrix and seton to the interesteds list (from spain)
kk

So u did consider my idea XD
I think a crew battle wouldnt hurt. I mean, its just a side-event.
"Just a side event"? You're not aware of the fact that side-events take time (and money), too, are you? I don't get why people underestimate smaller scaled events so much. I won't be able to host 9001 events in those 2 days. Depending on equipment and capacity of the hostel, I'll maybe can't even host one.

Pep1to

Smash Journeyman
Crew battles doesnt even have to be a side-event, just get the boys from every country ready, pick a tv and go for it.

Laem

Smash Champion
add T to ze list of dutchies, please :D

also, this better be during a holiday xd

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Crew battles doesnt even have to be a side-event, just get the boys from every country ready, pick a tv and go for it.
This xD

Random Character + Random Stages (Neutral+CPs) event would be also pretty funny for the fact that its just a side-event ^^

Greward

Smash Lord
Random Character + Random Stages (Neutral+CPs) event would be also pretty funny for the fact that its just a side-event ^^
What about smash ball? >_>
For doing this is waaay better to do a melee or low tier tourney.
About crew battles, what said pepito.

Melee!

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
You're right...

I'll try and get 4-5 guys from Portugal coming. Other countries should pick their 4-5 best players too, we can organize a mini-tournament on friday. We'd only need one TV for that after all, so it shouldn't be too complicated. ^^

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Germany has 80 million inhabitants. Austria has 8 million inhabitants.
Considering the fact that Germany, with a population ten times bigger than Austria's, probably has a bigger Smash scene than Austria (which it factually has, I should know), why is that "WTF"?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I've been to Vienna before, and know the place at least at a basic level.

I also speak basic German so you never know, I might actually try and make this one. Onishiba is organised enough, so perhaps it will be win!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I've been to Vienna before, and know the place at least at a basic level.

I also speak basic German so you never know, I might actually try and make this one. Onishiba is organised enough, so perhaps it will be win!
Haha, Teran. <3

The location I'm aiming to nab is in the 20th District. And considering the internationality of this event and Vienna in general, German is not REALLY needed, but probably still useful.
I'd be happy if you came. :3

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
lol, i dont see wats the big deal bout the items anyway.
Yes, I know, they make som matches unfair and gay and cheap, but it also makes much more fun and unpredictable. And thats how it should b.
Not in tornaments, though. But there could b som torneys with items. Who knows? It could b fun.

Top Bottom