• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dojo's Diddy

Dojo

Smash Champion
Here are some vids from earlier today.
I'm mostly working on speed right now. Gonna try to smarten up a bit at the tourney this weekend. I suck don't make fun of me. XD

vs Santi(Ness)
Match 1 SV
Match 2 FD
Match 3 BF

I have some against his TL that I'll get up soon.
I'm a hardcore procrastinator. XD

vs Santi(TL) 10/24
Match 1 YI
Match 2 BF
Match 3 SV
Match 4 FD
Match 5 FD

Ok so we had some matches this past weekend recorded. I decided to stop being lazy and get these bad boys up. I need to stop being stupid on the edge. I don't know how to edgeguard. :(

Also I'll have more up from some tourney sets after this weekend.
Hope you enjoy.

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
ooh santi...you remind me of Nannerz playstyle its very similar..When did Santi pick up Ness?? o.O O.o

you need more ariel game against ness users as a heads up...

overall not bad diddy from what i can see. you have tons of ground game and some air game.. ...ill leave the others to the rest..i wanna see his TL though against ur diddy :3

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
lol you should try dittoing Question Marks TL it should be intresting between you and him :3 o and Dojo...Juggles more Bananas XD

ADHD

Smash Hero
I can't look at these all, but I watched half of the first vid.

You just glide toss forward for no reason sometimes and this is a MASSIVE mistake. Of course you can do this against a 4 day old ness, and it does really confuse players occasionally, but you do realize you will get owned by some characters that stop you in your tracks. I know you like your fast, crazy playstyle, but be more careful of being accurate or else you will just waste nanerz and then get punished. You can go crazy fast, you just have to be accurate, know what I'm saying? And get off the ground more against ness, you have to change your playstyle oftenly to adjust to matchups, keep this in mind please.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Using those Bananas offensively like crazy.

You remind me of some Japanese players.
<3 Diddy

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
That was like watching an NBA game in which all of the tall, black players were replaced by a little magical boy and a monkey and the ball is replaced with a banana that periodically disappears in a puff of smoke.

DUB

Smash Lord
I thought Santi played pretty smart stayed aerial all that time. He got a nice spike too in that first one. Looks like it's coming along Dojo, nice work.

Mizar

Smash Ace
Nice vids guys. Very nice spacing Santi, and that double tech in the second vid was sexy Dojo.

TreK

Is "that guy"
lol too fast for me ^.^ good games
But yeah, even if there are crazy-as-hell combos, this is a little too repetitive for me.
I don't know much about ness, even if one of my friends plays him, either him or santi plays him weird x)

Oh and did you know about the BCC ? I've seen around 3 times you could've done it i think.

Player-1

Smash Legend
What makes the difference between a good diddy and a Z0mg top tier diddy are the peanuts. Ness gets owned by peanuts

More aeriel, especially edgeguarding

Side b more the kicks can outprioritize ness aerials

Be smarter on recovering

AntiPyroShyGuy

Banned via Administration
What's wrong with bananas?
What the F*CK ISN'T wrong with them? They're the most broken things in the game. All you have to do is spend a good day or two leaning how to use that and glide toss and BAM you win almost every match.

Santi

Smash Lord
They aren't that broken if my freakin Ness can keep up with it...

Xanthus

Smash Apprentice
I've seen a sonic beat a great nana spamming diddy. :p If a SONIC can do it...

All you have to do is spend a day or two learning how to shield / dodge / grabbing the bananas and those bananas all of a sudden aren't so "broken".

AntiPyroShyGuy

..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA

AntiPyroShyGuy

auto pilot. seriously throwing bananas while he's holding the ledge?
..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Constructive Criticism

auto pilot. seriously throwing bananas while he's holding the ledge?
^This^

I liked your Mk but your Diddy is overdosing from "auto-pilot syndrome." It seemed as though you randomly just threw the banana as soon as you got it into your hands, did you notice that a lot of the times you threw your bananas they didn't even hit?

Now for the helping part:

1. Try to be less banana dependent, meaning if you have an opportunity to capitalize on an opponent or run to the banana, do not go for the latter.

2. Try to implement more of Diddy's move set, like his tilts and especially the peanut gun seeing as how its his most versatile move. If anyone tells you its a useless move immediately stop listening to their advice.

3. Dribbling, throwing banana up, and z-dropping them are great mix ups and ways to slow down "auto-piloting."

4. Watch videos of the best Diddy players so you can see different play styles and then create your own. To name a few good players off the top of my head: Gano, Nanerz, Nynja, Advent Lee, Let thien, NinjaLink, and TC1 There are plenty more good players but those are few.

5. And most importantly, pick yellow Diddy. Its the only way to use the secret broken tech I invented called
"Diddys Third banana" its too good.

Dont worry though because even good players suffer from "auto-pilot" when they first pick up Diddy. All in all though pretty good stuff for a first try, you had a good flow of banana tosses and grab combos. Keep up the good work. Nice techs BTW, and the first one was a wall jump after the un-gimpable barrel recovery lolz.

-advent-

Orion*

Smash Researcher
What's wrong with bananas?
nothing. you just keep doing the same thing (glide tossing forward)

watching NL, atomsk, and a bunch of good diddys in IRL, and playing against a few if you play like that you wont place the same way you did with meta.

if you throw forward with no mixups someone will just camp. wait for you to throw. and take youre ****. especialllly metaknights or chars that can reflect or have very good options against bananas.

Dtilt, Popgun, Ftilt could be used more.

the way you take youre bananas out, youre asking for them to be taken by youre opponent.
Every match you like take bananas out. and walk away, if santi wanted to just be gay, he would take youre bananas and depending on the char he will have options to **** you.

look at the start of the 3rd match -__- (one of many examples). ness doesnt have as many options, but most chars would have both youre bananas because of that stupid mistake.

ADHD

Smash Hero
that's what i was meaning to say, you just throw bananas like crazy. If you're going to use diddy like that you have to THINK before you react, which if you can do that good luck.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I kinda like your diddy Dojo :)

Someones starting a new char since mks gonne get banned lolololol. jk

ADHD

Smash Hero
For edgegaurding its good to hop off stage and smash pluck a naner or two out, then you can spike them or fair them if it hits. You are too limited to the ground, toon link is a hoppy char so SH naner throws are more useful then just glide tossing them on the ground sometimes.

Dojo

Smash Champion
I kinda like your diddy Dojo :)

Someones starting a new char since mks gonne get banned lolololol. jk
Lol ***. XD

HOBO 12 is banning him, so I gotta do something. :\

For edgegaurding its good to hop off stage and smash pluck a naner or two out, then you can spike them or fair them if it hits. You are too limited to the ground, toon link is a hoppy char so SH naner throws are more useful then just glide tossing them on the ground sometimes.
Thanks for the edgeguarding tips.
Lol glide tossing is so addictive. :laugh: I think I'm getting better at not going auto-pilot everywhere as much though. It's still a work in progress.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I watched some more vids, you need more Usmash because it breaks through SH's :D Also monkey flip kicks should be used more against toon link because they go through the spam ****... Peanuts are amazing for edgeguarding (you wouldn't think it) but they really can interfere with people and the more you practice using the gun it it becomes alot more naturally accurate to hit them with it. That's all I can say, you have a good diddy so far its just I think the glide tossing will come the more you use him. Good luck, pray you don't have to fight a phenominal falco in tourney because even if you know the matchup it's always risky... I has kirbeh

Dojo

Smash Champion
Kk thanks. :)

Sethlon's falco...
I'm scared of him. Lol.
I gots Marth. I learned quite a bit of stuff from playing/watching RoyR.

DUB

Smash Lord
There nice vids. I always enjoy watching Santi's TL.

By the way, Dojo, it is necessary when playing Diddy, that you shank your Up+B into the side of a stage at least once per match, you did it twice in Match 3 so your a winner in my eyes.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Lol glide tossing is so addictive. :laugh: I think I'm getting better at not going auto-pilot everywhere as much though. It's still a work in progress.
Thats what I like to hear, that you will at least try to get better at not auto-piloting.

Good Luck with Diddy at Hobo 12. I just got first today at a Play n Trade tourny, though there was less than like 40ppl :)

I didnt watch your vids vs Santi's toon link yet, but I have played Melito's (one of the best toon link players) so I should be able to give you some feed back on your matches when I see them.

-advent-

denizen

Smash Apprentice
hey dojo...nice diddy. it's very similar to the way i play my diddy...i have to work on less auto-pilot too

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Haha, yeah Dojo, that match-up against sethlon is pretty difficult, I hope I mastered the match up down for hobo 12 :O

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
I just watched your first match vs Santi's TL.

Sexyyyy

Just one possible suggestion.. you threw bananas down sometimes as an edgeguard. I noticed that one of them actually passed through Santi as he was hanging on the ledge, thanks to his invincibility frames. You can also z drop bananas as an edgeguard and due to the slower falling speed it's more likely to catch them when they're on the edge because the extra time it takes to get to them means the invincibility has worn off.

Top Bottom