• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dojo Taking a Week Off

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
This was the first thing I saw. Didn't really bother to scream it out on the forums though... too tired.

It's not so bad though, January is the last month they have to announce characters. We're bound to get at least a handful more than the already announced 22+3 (Zamus and 2 extra playable movesets for PT).

So... once they start updating again, it SHOULD be an exciting time. *crosses fingers for WW Link, and Megaman* :psycho:

SSBBKingster

Smash Apprentice
Holy d*amn, you guys are f0ckin ********. Your calling the maker of SSBB a ****** because he is taking a break? Leave him alone, its hard on him. You should be happy for him:mad::goomba:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
that makes me sad.
I'm off school and have actually had time to check the update every morning.
and now i can't even do that?!
Happy F*ckin New Year, Masahiro Sakurai.
Indeed.
lol. I have to say, my break ends on January the 7th. So now I'm basically looking forward to going back to my second semester of college. :urg:

However, I think he DOES deserve a break, I just wish (as I've said before) he could have given us something really exciting like a newcomer to bide the time.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh... well... no one told me! :dizzy:
LOL. It be fine! :)

It’s a tough bit of information to swallow, but I’m sure it’ll be healthy for all of the Smash fans out there to cut themselves from their Dojo addiction.

Updates resume the second week of January. After three weeks, the game will be released in Japan–and I’m sure that’s when all the juicy stuff will come out. Stay tuned, Smashers. Rapture is almost here!
LULZ, that line is tooo good! :laugh: And the rapture...it's time for Sakurai's afamed "end". Where he tells us EVERYTHING, and we get INFORMATION, ON CHARACTERS!

Lmao I love that line.
It sucks that we don't get anything for a whole week.
Idc if they gave us small updates, they gave us something.
Oh well. I wonder what I'll be doing instead of checking updates lmao. :laugh:
It's time for the much waited for "end", where Sakurai reveals EVERYTHING (in terms of roster; or near everything, at least) before Brawl comes out. Maybe we won't see single or double updates anymore. Maybe we will only see triple updates on up! :laugh: Unlikely, but cool (5 stages a day=MAXIMUM AWSOMENESS!). :)

I bet you they are taking a break from the dojo in order to put Megaman in.
woaw, just woaw. The game is done being made, because now Nintendo is producing it (in discs).

...That makes no sense. And this is coming from a Mega Man supporter too.
EXACTLY!

Watch Sakurai give us only Poke Balls the week the updates start back up.
I don't doubt that. Pokéball >>> Latios and Latias! :laugh: Or...Kyrogue! >_<

This was the first thing I saw. Didn't really bother to scream it out on the forums though... too tired.

It's not so bad though, January is the last month they have to announce characters. We're bound to get at least a handful more than the already announced 22+3 (Zamus and 2 extra playable movesets for PT).

So... once they start updating again, it SHOULD be an exciting time. *crosses fingers for WW Link, and Megaman* :psycho:
Mega Man....AND Wind Waker Young Link. I remember now why you're awsome! :laugh:

If Super Smash Bros. Brawl is to have Mega Man, Wind Waker Young Link, Geno, and Ridley in one game, they might have to make a collector's edition dubbed "the Super Awsome Edition", with Ridley, Solid Snake, Sonic the Hedgehog, Link, Captain Falcon, Geno, Ridley, Meta Knight, Samus, Mega Man, and Wind Waker Young Link on the cover! It shall pwn all other covers! :)

It would be the greatest thing EVER! :) I would get that Collector's Edition, even if it cost me $1,000 and my right arm (I'd just pay with someone else's arm)! :chuckle:

And too bad the crappy era of the dojo ended with CRAP! IMO Brawl news breaks up into the following parts-

1. Brawl's Beginning: From E3 2005 on to right before the old Brawl dojo closed down.

1. Explanation: The dojo's being redone (and the countdown), and ended up until a week or so before Ike was revealed

2. Revealation (a week before Ike on to a couple of days past Diddy Kong, in which the first new newcomers were revealed. Also includes the Subspace Emissary and Subspace Army updates.

3. Reinformation: Old (AWSOME) news with lots of new news, but with awsome twists=the whole month of September.

4. Domination: ALL of October [Lucas on]), with Sonic, Lucas, King Dedede, and Stage Builder unvieled. E for All being dominated by Brawl, the Sonic shock, the delay, the drama, Stage Builder, seeing tons of Subspace Emissary cutscenes, and so on. Basically Brawl OWNED the video game world from the start of the month to the end.

5. Redistrubution (aka Disappointment): November on up until today, in which Sakurai revealed old news, a lot of disappointing (stupid) news, crap everyone knew (OMFG! Wide Screen Support), and other crap. O, and Brawl's hype was VIRTUALLY DEAD, and most people stopped really caring about the news.

6. Rapture/"the end": Where we get news that tops Sonic, tons of characters, and eventually....WE BRAWL! :)

This (hopefully) is the begining of the end! :lick:

T-major

Smash Champion
That SUCKS!!... wait... that means I can take a break from the computer... the main reason I use it is to check the Dojo and come to Smashboards... so... that means...

I CAN CATCH UP IN MY SCHOOL WORK!! HUUUUZZAAAHHHH!!! :D

maybe even make a resume? look for a job!? get money for video games/Anime North in May (first time going)!!?....

JOLLY GOOD!!!

Don Tyrant

Smash Cadet
Well its; not that bad, considering the updates we have been getting and the speculation it causes, it feels to nice to refresh our brain. i have a hunch that once the game releases in Japan the Dojo updates will come to an end. If they would continue after that, then they would probably continue until it releases in Europe. That is a long time and I don't think they will do it, it's to much info. I honestly think Dojo updates stop the day it comes out in Japan.

T-major

Smash Champion
Well its; not that bad, considering the updates we have been getting and the speculation it causes, it feels to nice to refresh our brain. i have a hunch that once the game releases in Japan the Dojo updates will come to an end. If they would continue after that, then they would probably continue until it releases in Europe. That is a long time and I don't think they will do it, it's to much info. I honestly think Dojo updates stop the day it comes out in Japan.
they wont stop then, it's a logical fact. the time between now, and the Japanese release isn't enough time to update all the remaining characters, and features that need to be explained. they will AT LEAST continue until the American release, but will most likely continue past that.

I also remember hearing that Sakurai said he would continue to update after the game was released, but I don't know if thats true or not.

TehTooya

Smash Rookie
Coming from someone who lives in Japan, to anyone speculating why there is a 1 week break... its actually typical in Tokyo. Even Grocery stores shut down for a week after New Years. Really its not that big of a deal :)

~Tooya

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
The funny thing is, if you check any Special-day update thread (December 3rd, Christmas, etc...) You'll see people said the update would be 'Hi, it's me, Sakurai, and I decided we won't give any more updates! See you February 10th!'

Oh how little we knew.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
I just bet when they resume the updates they're gonna give us a kick in the crotch.
Can you say: You must recover...... AGAIN!

StarFox64ftw

Smash Cadet
Sakurai deserves this break, he's been updating every weekday since May! That's huge! The least he can do is take a weeks break, and yet some people on these boards are going "No! THIS IS UNFAIR! HE CAN'T DO THIS!"

Well he did, so shut the #*$& up.
ok just an interesting comment i would like to make..

when u go to Dojo, on the home page near the top it says "RSS" and if u click on it there are a lot of codes and things..
RSS means Really Simple Syndication and he has a version 2.0 which means he has already programmed the updates to show themselves at a certain feed rate, so its not like on Xmas day he is working on updates and things.

orintemple

Smash Lord

when u go to Dojo, on the home page near the top it says "RSS" and if u click on it there are a lot of codes and things..
RSS means Really Simple Syndication and he has a version 2.0 which means he has already programmed the updates to show themselves at a certain feed rate, so its not like on Xmas day he is working on updates and things.
That's very interesting, I never noticed that.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332

But you see, that's what bugs me, why couldn't he have put on a weeks worth of update before taking a break?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
This update confirms Knuckles to NOT be in Brawl... somehow... (help me out, guys)...

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
This update confirms Knuckles to NOT be in Brawl... somehow... (help me out, guys)...
Sorry Buzz (haha, I made a Buzz Lightyear funny :D ), but after that Sonic 3 music update, which kinda hinted off no signs of deconfirmed Knuckles, you're kinda screwed.

Bette start saving up :p

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Sorry Buzz (haha, I made a Buzz Lightyear funny :D ), but after that Sonic 3 music update, which kinda hinted off no signs of deconfirmed Knuckles, you're kinda screwed.

Bette start saving up :p
Hm... well, I know who will not be getting a gift from me next Christmas season.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
This goes out to all of the people who are bashing on Sakurai and his team's needed deserved hiatus.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl has indeed gone gold. To those of you who don't know what this means, it means the game is finalized. There are no more edits. No more adds. No more fixes. They have finished making the game and now, they have sent the master copy of the game's files to the distributors for copying to discs that are ready for packaging. (I don't know nor does anyone else know if its just Japan or also other countries, but they at least finished it)

Now that the game is out of Sakurai's hands, it will be easier to find leaks now, since distributors usually have people who leak information early on just for the he-ck of it. Look forward to that. And not only that, but also to the magazines too. If they are promoting this game, some of them may have secret information they are just dying to release the week before Brawl launches. It not only helps their sales, it helps the advertisment division of Smash Brawl.

Sakurai and his team have confirmed that they are done. They deserve one week to relax after spending nearly two and a half years making this project, creating a multi-lingual blog for people around the world, making deals with third parties, and getting all of the staff members they can from composers to the graphic design team.

Not to sound like a downer, but just like how Spanish/Latin people have siestas, Japan pretty much closes down everywhere for the last week of the year, getting ready to shoot the fireworks in the sky and making prayers to temples/churches/monasteries to pray for a good new year. I have friends who live in Japan and thats what they tell me goes on every year. Cheers! ;)

TehTooya

Smash Rookie
Not to sound like a downer, but just like how Spanish/Latin people have siestas, Japan pretty much closes down everywhere for the last week of the year, getting ready to shoot the fireworks in the sky and making prayers to temples/churches/monasteries to pray for a good new year. I have friends who live in Japan and thats what they tell me goes on every year. Cheers! ;)
I live in Japan (Tokyo) as well, they close down for the week after as well :p

*grumbles lazy bums...*

^^

Its almost here, so I really am not concerend :D

Xanderous

Smash Lord
This goes out to all of the people who are bashing on Sakurai and his team's needed deserved hiatus.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl has indeed gone gold. To those of you who don't know what this means, it means the game is finalized. There are no more edits. No more adds. No more fixes. They have finished making the game and now, they have sent the master copy of the game's files to the distributors for copying to discs that are ready for packaging. (I don't know nor does anyone else know if its just Japan or also other countries, but they at least finished it)

Now that the game is out of Sakurai's hands, it will be easier to find leaks now, since distributors usually have people who leak information early on just for the he-ck of it. Look forward to that. And not only that, but also to the magazines too. If they are promoting this game, some of them may have secret information they are just dying to release the week before Brawl launches. It not only helps their sales, it helps the advertisment division of Smash Brawl.

Sakurai and his team have confirmed that they are done. They deserve one week to relax after spending nearly two and a half years making this project, creating a multi-lingual blog for people around the world, making deals with third parties, and getting all of the staff members they can from composers to the graphic design team.

That would all be great it they actually wrote the updates each day, but they don't.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
That would all be great it they actually wrote the updates each day, but they don't.
Who cares about them writing the daily updates. At least they have the daily updates. That should be enough satisfaction.

Even though they don't write the updates (like legend states), they took two years and a half of their time to finally say that the game is now gold. How's that? Also, they supply the pics for the Dojo. That's enough to be called writing in my opinion any day then a wordy blog. (Visual displays rule!)

Top Bottom