• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dojo Taking a Week Off

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You know what’s weird about tonight’s update? Most of us didn’t notice that it was, in fact, a <em>triple </em>update. But don’t be alarmed–the third (or should I say first?) update was pretty easy to miss. If you’ll direct yourself to the Dojo’s homepage, you’ll notice the ‘NOTICE’ box on the top has changed from its usual message about daily weekday updates, to the following message from Sakurai:
<blockquote>All seven languages of Smash Bros. Dojo will take a year-end holiday break from posting following December 28. We plan to resume posts on January 7.

Have a happy new year.</blockquote>
That’s right, folks. It’s a tough bit of information to swallow, but I’m sure it’ll be healthy for all of the Smash fans out there to cut themselves from their Dojo addiction.

Updates resume the second week of January. After three weeks, the game will be released in Japan–and I’m sure that’s when all the juicy stuff will come out. Stay tuned, Smashers. Rapture is almost here!

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
Nooooooooo

lame...... well i thought the christmas week was going to be a week off anyways so i was a week off but still NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

looking at this week though it was pretty cool.... plus the rumour of brawl going gold so i guess that its ok if sakarais team wants a well deserved break and First Post

Loadsy

Smash Rookie
Smashy Ford??

****it Sakurai forcing me to go into smash rehab when the drug is so **** good!

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Fair enough, although I expect something big when they come back, maybe this will lead to a newcomer?

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I’m sure it’ll be healthy for all of the Smash fans out there to cut themselves from their Dojo addiction.
Lmao I love that line.
It sucks that we don't get anything for a whole week.
Idc if they gave us small updates, they gave us something.
Oh well. I wonder what I'll be doing instead of checking updates lmao. :laugh:

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Well, I guess that breaks the debate on wheather or not we get a new char on New years

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
where is the brawl going gold rumor??
On topic: I think it's going to be the big wait for a character bombarment for the second week of Jan.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Good we need a break. Sakurai is running out of time before the game releases and doesn't want to give out to much info.

AMPMClock

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe Brawl comes comes out in 4 weeks, basically. Its been a long time coming, its hard to imagine me playing brawl so soon, but hey, its going to happen.

On topic, I really don't even care about updates anymore, since I'll know everything about Brawl before long.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Sakurai deserves this break, he's been updating every weekday since May! That's huge! The least he can do is take a weeks break, and yet some people on these boards are going "No! THIS IS UNFAIR! HE CAN'T DO THIS!"

Well he did, so shut the #*$& up.

Ness is my fav

Smash Rookie
on topic:if it wasnt 4 sakuri,brawl never woulda happened the way it did,so.....yeah

off topic:Xsyven,was that an unintentional thing, or was that a BioShock joke?

the rapture part i mean

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
Fair enough, although I expect something big when they come back, maybe this will lead to a newcomer?
we haven't got a new character since oct 25. maybe he has just showed us all the starter and first party characters. other wise, wouldnt he have showed us jigglypuff or something like that?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Those people responsible for the updates sure deserve the one week break after doing so many updates during the last 6 months.

Masky64

Smash Cadet
I bet you they are taking a break from the dojo in order to put Megaman in.

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
This makes me sad. But Sakurai and the rest of the SSBB team need a break. But I hope there will be a newcomer update when they get back from break....

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Because it's the holidays XP

They've been updating for the past 6 or 7 months. And the game has gone gold. (Meaning it's completed and copies are being made as we speak)

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
on topic:if it wasnt 4 sakuri,brawl never woulda happened the way it did,so.....yeah

off topic:Xsyven,was that an unintentional thing, or was that a BioShock joke?

the rapture part i mean
In Christianity, rapture = Jesus's second coming.

He's just making light of the fact that to us smashers, Brawl coming out is like the second coming of Jesus.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No Dojo for a WEEK! NO! I need my fix!

Withdrawal's going to be a *****

But in all seriousness, I'm glad they're taking a break. Frankly, I could go on from here on out without any updates, seen as how Brawl is so close.

Wow, what a wonderful thing to hear: Brawl is almost here.

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if this delay will lead to a Brawl delay... oh whatever. It's not like there were any mindblowing updates in the past month.

They'd better be back with REALLY GOOD updates to make up for this break.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
that makes me sad.
I'm off school and have actually had time to check the update every morning.
and now i can't even do that?!
Happy F*ckin New Year, Masahiro Sakurai.
Indeed.

BOZO500

Smash Journeyman
haha it comes back to updating the day school starts up again. maybe they're taking a break so that they dont have to give out so many updates, keeping the surprise factor higher

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
that makes me sad.
I'm off school and have actually had time to check the update every morning.
and now i can't even do that?!
Happy F*ckin New Year, Masahiro Sakurai.
Indeed.
Well geez. Sakurai so totally has to forget his vacation and update the site for you then, right? Let's forget the holidays! Brawl is the only thing that matters in the world anymore!

Seriously, let him take his vacation. It's so annoying when people whine about this. Brawl is almost here anyways. :/

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Well geez. Sakurai so totally has to forget his vacation and update the site for you then, right? Let's forget the holidays! Brawl is the only thing that matters in the world anymore!

Seriously, let him take his vacation. It's so annoying when people whine about this. Brawl is almost here anyways. :/
QFT. Many people are too shelfish and forget that Sakurai and everyone else working on the game have family they would like to be with. The whiners can b**** about it all they want, but who cares about them.:laugh:

Top Bottom