• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

does her "sexiness" annoy you?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I like Zamus the way she is. Sure, she's beyond fine. She's deep into 'FOINE!' (rhymes with loin) territory. However, with great power comes great responsibility (and a great rack), and Zamus conveys that ideal. She is a fighter at heart, with nothing implicitly sexual about her. She's got the body and the skill, with none of the sleaze.

For instance, look at the Soul Calibur games. Taki in particular. Taki is a warrior of great honor in a jumpsuit, just like Samus. However, Taki looks like a total skank, with pokey nipples and excessive sandbag physics in her animations. Zamus, on the other hand, was an excercise in restraint, and I feel that we all need to respect that. And not make jokes like "I'd like to exercise with her in restraints!"
There's restraint, then there's restraint; then again, there's also restraint. While it is true that breasts don't move like balloons full of water as in DoA, they are not perky, jaunty rocks that never move ever as in Brawl. Then again, (and I wish Samus' designers would figure this out) a sensible woman like Samus would be wearing something like three sports bras to keep everything held in place, and even as what looks like a C or D cup, whatever there was would be rather diminished.

For once in a fighting game, I'd like to see a sporty, sensible woman portrayed realistically as in the last case. Maybe I'm alone in that.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
There's restraint, then there's restraint; then again, there's also restraint. While it is true that breasts don't move like balloons full of water as in DoA, they are not perky, jaunty rocks that never move ever as in Brawl. Then again, (and I wish Samus' designers would figure this out) a sensible woman like Samus would be wearing something like three sports bras to keep everything held in place, and even as what looks like a C or D cup, whatever there was would be rather diminished.

For once in a fighting game, I'd like to see a sporty, sensible woman portrayed realistically as in the last case. Maybe I'm alone in that.
that would be pretty cool. i mean, DoA-type girls are great... to a point. it just gets kinda ridiculous. i would like them as characters a lot more if they were more realistic.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Ew, she went from you could put a bag on her head and everything will be alright, too being a pre-teen....
She looked more mature in the MP3 100% ending. She looked great, and not over-exaggerated like her countless other video game femmes.

Julz

Smash Apprentice
something I found at http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=160643 :

"Spacing - One of the most common mistakes I see is that players will focus most of their attention on their own character, while looking at their opponent with their peripheral vision. This should be the opposite...why do you need to look at your own character that intently? You know what you are going to do...what you don't know is what your opponent is going to do. You can't space yourself properly if you aren't looking at your opponent."

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I would only find it annoying if she wore an overly revealing outfit, if her breasts were like two times bigger, and if she had an airhead personality but that's not the case. She's not reeking with sexuality or anything so I don't exactly see why it bothers people so much. Compare her to someone like Chun Li, most of the girl fighters in DOA, and Ivy you'd see where I'm coming from.

I think they did a great job capturing her personality too and the voice they chose for her is perfect. You really get the impression that she's a woman that's tougher than nails and knows it but doesn't use that to manipulate people. Honestly, I find it really hard to attach really any kind of sexuality to Samus simply because she seems like the type that really doesn't care that much about her appearance. (Honestly, she spends a majority of her time alone so why would she?) Also, is it even possible to be aroused by the Chozo suit? :laugh: I think more people would be willing to admit that Peach in her puffy dress is hotter than that. :psycho: Again, it's another part of her that heavily focuses on the bounty hunter aspect of her instead of the attractuve woman part which is what I honestly think her creators intended from the start.

As a side note, I personally think Zelda is the best looking girl in the game. She went a long way from her hair looking like Velveeta in Melee. :laugh:

L__

Smash Master
Honestly, why would people be distracted by pixelated boobies...?

>_>

10shudders.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Everyone that I tell I main Zamus looks at me weird and sometimes calls me a pervert.

It doesn't help that her breasts are bigger in Brawl.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
As a side note, I personally think Zelda is the best looking girl in the game. She went a long way from her hair looking like Velveeta in Melee. :laugh:
I've been reading this topic, but wasn't going to reply until ^that. The new Zelda is really not at all attractive to me. Fortunately, they preserved her original costume.

That being said, ZSS is cute, but no where near the level of distracting to gameplay, lol!

Of course, as many said when Brawl was released, as a Metroid fan, I'm upset they killed Samus' mystique, and turned her into a sex object. It all started going downhill with Metroid Prime (which was a decent game but screw FPS. Old school TPS all day son.)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Yeah, she looked better in MP3. By far. ZSS Brawl pointy boobs creep me out.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
yea, just seeing her pretty face and booty makes me think about well you know.... which is sad since she's just an imaginary, made up character created by pixels

Zero

Smash Hero
Pixels are just the smallet unit that compose the image of a television screen, computer monitor, or similar display. Real people can be displayed by pixels too. In which case, everyone who argues using pixels as a basis needs better justification.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Pixels are just the smallet unit that compose the image of a television screen, computer monitor, or similar display. Real people can be displayed by pixels too. In which case, everyone who argues using pixels as a basis needs better justification.
I have plenty XD.

1) She is not real.
2) She is animated.
3) She is dispraportionate.
4) She is computer generated.
5) She is a video game character that isn't based on reality.
6) If she was real, she would probably be a lesbian considering her power and might.
7) Nobody knew she was a woman until the suit came off.
8) She is not real.
9) She is not real.
10) SHE IS NOT REAL

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
I agree, would anyone like to see a picture that would take your mind right off this warped topic? It's of Zero suit:chuckle: *evil laugh*

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
I can't take anyone who has sexual appeal seriously in a serious manner. It's a fatal flaw, but every time I see some half-nude woman portrayed as the queen of some RPG country, I die a little inside too.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
This is a weird, yet appropriate thred. Zamus is just a character, and it does bug me when people say things like that.

-Big_-Blue 9

Smash Journeyman
This thread is WTF.
But she's nothing when compared to Soul Calibur characters, they take it too far with that game.

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
I was twelve once and I wasn't thinking about that stuff... then again , and if I was facing a Zero suit samus then I would have probably tried to see if I could get her to smash up against the screen and take a picture:chuckle:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
6) If she was real, she would probably be a lesbian considering her power and might.
I totally agree. Straight women are weak and pathetic. That's why they should spend all of their time barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. It's up to us men and lesbians to protect them.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
I totally agree. Straight women are weak and pathetic. That's why they should spend all of their time barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. It's up to us men and lesbians to protect them.
uh............. i think she could be either. i mean, her whole family and friends and "neighborhood" were killed by space pirates. so there's a revenge complex going on... not only that, but the chozo find her, and have to give her chozo blood so she doesn't die on zebes... so she has a lot more strength than an average human. she's raised for combat; it's not like it's exactly her choice (in fact, she cared more about the "pretty butterflies" than fighting them... until they tried to shoot her with guns)....... ok, so you're family was murdered by pirates, who are a common enemy of the galaxy, you're ultra strong, and you've been raised to fight. what do you do? fight, duh :p

and it's not like she was the one who designed the power suit to make her look like a man.

basically, this doesn't mean she ISN'T a lesbian, it just means that she could easily be straight.

if you have no idea what i was just talking about, read the metroid internet manga, which IS official and canon.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
I have plenty XD.

1) She is not real.
2) She is animated.
3) She is dispraportionate.
4) She is computer generated.
5) She is a video game character that isn't based on reality.
7) Nobody knew she was a woman until the suit came off.
8) She is not real.
9) She is not real.
10) SHE IS NOT REAL
1. Of course
2. Of course
3. Of course
4. Of course.
5. Of course.
6. Nah, you don't know who any powerful women are do you? Rosey O'Donnel doesn't count!
7. Nobody knew she was'nt a robot until the suit came off, then they thought she was a fembot!
8. But she tells me things through the TV!
9. But I write to her every day and she writes back!
10.( Goes and crys!)

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
There are people on this Earth who dislike fan service and the people who appreciate it............

...........What....the......hell?

Onxy

Smash Lord
*Starts the match as Zero Suit Samus*

*A flash of light emits from her, and her clothes fall off*

*Becomes Birthday Suit Samus, and is now more agile, with more range on her attacks*

Sorry, I had to.

Top Bottom