• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

does her "sexiness" annoy you?

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
ok, so i'm not saying she isn't "sexy" (she's a video game character.......... just pixels... but still i have to admit that she is......), i'm just saying that i'm annoyed with it. i mean, samus is supposed to be one of the most respected video game women, and now everyone is all ogling her and "DAyUM GuRRL! shOW MeH uR Bo0Bs".......

....i like playing as zero suit samus a lot, but it's so annoying when i'm playing some kids from school and they're like "she's so hot. i would so **** ***** ******* **** with ***** *** and ******* the ******!!!!! sam, i bet you think about that all the time, since you're so good with her!"

and then i die a little bit on the inside. seriously, i find myself wishing she was much flatter... i'll draw a picture for you guys of what i mean (it'll take some time).

anyone else annoyed by people who think she's hot?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I haven't heard any Zamus joke for a while. But yea, that joke about her being hot does get old. I'm just glad that I know one person that main Zamus. :p

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Er, I think that's just plain creepy. She is a bunch of pixels; made to simlulate a human being to the best of this videogame's capacity. The only people who, "get off to that" (excuse my lack of a better phrase) are probably a bunch of irritating immature children. I think its just wrong....

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
ok, on the left is how samus SHOULD be, and on the right is how samus is treated in brawl:

sorry, it's definitely NOT one of my best drawings. i drew it really fast..... =\

PikminEater

Smash Cadet
Meh, I actually prefer ZSS being sexy than being plainer. I like women who are hawt but kickass. Women who can beat men at their own game, but not have anything masculine about them.

And most people I know might make a comment or two about Zamus being sexy, but they don't do much more than just laugh as I crawl backwards to them.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I don't get comments like that anyways, the people I play with are a bit more mature than that.

Although they don't call her Zero Suit Samus either... normally they call her that stupid ***** with the whip
I don't think they like when I play her too much :p

Also they have been complaining she is a cross between Scorpion and Sub Zero.

I like your drawing btw lol

FinalKai

Smash Apprentice
Home: New Jersey, College: USC (Los Angeles)
Hahaha...I think you're getting Zamus confused with Peach. I think Peach is a tad bit more flirty/ditzy...plus she's the one that actually produces hearts with her attacks (her u-tilt and side-b).

I think the way they have Zamus in brawl is perfect, sexy, smart, capable of kicking anyone's ***...kinda reminds me of Lara Croft. hahaha.

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
If anything, I prefer the "sexiness." She is beautiful and yet still lethal, a femme fatale. Her looks are deceptive and that just goes along with her entire playstyle.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Hahaha...I think you're getting Zamus confused with Peach. I think Peach is a tad bit more flirty/ditzy...plus she's the one that actually produces hearts with her attacks (her u-tilt and side-b).

I think the way they have Zamus in brawl is perfect, sexy, smart, capable of kicking anyone's ***...kinda reminds me of Lara Croft. hahaha.
yeah, you gotta love sexy, kickass girls, but they could have at least made her believably sexy :p

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
It's true that her chest is on the larger side (which makes me wonder where the **** it goes when she has her suit on, that's gotta be like shoving DDDs into an A cup). Anyways, at least it isn't as bad as quite a few other fighting games, *COUGH* IVY *COUGH*. I mean jesus, have you seen Ivy's model for SC4? I dam near laughed myself to an untimely death.

So yes, it's a little annoying that her sexiness is abundant, but just be thankful it's not the entire selling point of the character. And like others have said, it's not her sexiness that gets annoying, it's the immature players that gawk at pixels.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Compare Samus(ZSS) in Metroid Prime 3(official Metroid game with Metroid people creating the model) vs. Sakurai's version of Samus(ZSS), the bodys are proportioned differently, I think that the Metroid Prime 3 model suits an athletic super soldier more than the Super smash Bros. Brawl model.

kATAlyst

Smash Apprentice
no. it distracts my opponents when i pause, and who wants to fight with an ugly blur of pixels?

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice
I am against it, Samus was one of the few(or maybe the only) non "OMG hawtnezz" characters from any video game from the 80s-00s

However, Times change, sex sells. nintendo noticed.

I did happen to destroy some people who were laughing about her boobs/sexiness in a ZSS ditto ^_^ felt i was obligated.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I've been known to make off-the-cuff comments as to Zamus' appearance, so naturally my view towards it isn't as draconian as most on the forum. As far as other people making light of Samus' appearance, I don't mind it so much if it's clever and unabusive. As far as observations that she is hot go, my tolerance for the comment is proportional to how convinced I am that the temperament of the commenting party isn't actually "like that." For instance, if Cake were to say that Samus is hot as a joke, I would find it amusing. However, if some kid came here with his first post saying the same thing, I would roll my eyes and grumble about it.

That said, I hope no one has any illusions that Samus' design in Brawl is at all like her actual design. Her chest in Brawl looks like it was drawn by a five year old, unless she got a boob job, and put anti-gravity devices in her cups. That is to say, I'm rather bothered particularly by the unnecessary "enhancement" of her design for Brawl. Her movements, though, don't seem out of place to me, though.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Compare Samus(ZSS) in Metroid Prime 3(official Metroid game with Metroid people creating the model) vs. Sakurai's version of Samus(ZSS), the bodys are proportioned differently, I think that the Metroid Prime 3 model suits an athletic super soldier more than the Super smash Bros. Brawl model.
yeah, i noticed the same thing when i played metroid prime 3. (great game, by the way).

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well, it makes it easy on the eyes, but if i am put up with a Zamus to fight, I somehow phase myself to where I am only focused on beating her like any opponent, but I could see how trying to fight her would be very distracting. O.o

Dohz

Smash Cadet
Doesn't bother me at all. I just keep thinking this is the same women in that badass suit who does nothing but routinely kill hordes of space pirates and enemies 20x her size.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
That said, I hope no one has any illusions that Samus' design in Brawl is at all like her actual design. Her chest in Brawl looks like it was drawn by a five year old, unless she got a boob job, and put anti-gravity devices in her cups. That is to say, I'm rather bothered particularly by the unnecessary "enhancement" of her design for Brawl. Her movements, though, don't seem out of place to me, though.
Yeah, if I had the resources, determination, and whatever else it takes, I would have hacked the game and replaced the Brawl model with the Corruption model. Whoever designed the character may receive rude emails declaring he(or she...?) a pervert!

lols at people who think zamus is hawt. ever seen her face?
Haha, it is worse in Echoes, that was creepy, but the first 3D model of Samus outside her suit(other than her head). Still, creepy, she looked like a wax figure(with very manly shoulders).

RixMaadi

Smash Cadet
I don't main ZSS, but I have used her a bit with friends to see some reactions.

Well, anything can be seen as "hot". You put the features that many males finds attractive, place those features on anything, and it can be considered hot. It has been psychologically proven that males find things that are round and have bright colors to be attractive, which ZSS seems to have both of.

The features that ZSS has in Brawl shows her body being proportioned to this idea. Makes me wonder why they made her this way in Brawl. Doesn't Sakurai like the Metroid series? Maybe he wanted to put his own views of ZSS, since this could be the last smash game that he's working on, so he probably let his views go loose...

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
I dont know why she shouldnt be atractive at all. Shes a bounty hounter and good in fighting so thats why she SHOULDNT be as sexy in your opinion? That really doesnt make sense to me. Samus is as Samus was created and ZSS was the character that was Samus all the time, sounds weird kinda. Of course shes sexy NOW and attracts more people but theres no logical reason for me why she wouldnt be good in martial arts. Disrespecting her? lol i dont know shes a video game character and shes good, if someone would be disrespectfull towards ZSS it would be disrespectfull against the player who plays ZSS, you in that case i think. If so i would prove those guys wrong =3

Yeah ZSS is well rounded and her boobs shouldnt let her SH that high , jk :p
I dunno mate but i think you are bothering a lil too much about all that talk from kids getting a hard on ZSS

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
I dont know why she shouldnt be atractive at all. Shes a bounty hounter and good in fighting so thats why she SHOULDNT be as sexy in your opinion? That really doesnt make sense to me. Samus is as Samus was created and ZSS was the character that was Samus all the time, sounds weird kinda. Of course shes sexy NOW and attracts more people but theres no logical reason for me why she wouldnt be good in martial arts. Disrespecting her? lol i dont know shes a video game character and shes good, if someone would be disrespectfull towards ZSS it would be disrespectfull against the player who plays ZSS, you in that case i think. If so i would prove those guys wrong =3

Yeah ZSS is well rounded and her boobs shouldnt let her SH that high , jk :p
I dunno mate but i think you are bothering a lil too much about all that talk from kids getting a hard on ZSS
:p ok

i'm not really bothered by her being kickass or being sexy, it's more that they had to make her so... "inflated" (i'll take that from the other guy's post) for no reason, when she's actually a lot more realistically shaped in her games.

PassWurD

Smash Journeyman

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
I like Zamus the way she is. Sure, she's beyond fine. She's deep into 'FOINE!' (rhymes with loin) territory. However, with great power comes great responsibility (and a great rack), and Zamus conveys that ideal. She is a fighter at heart, with nothing implicitly sexual about her. She's got the body and the skill, with none of the sleaze.

For instance, look at the Soul Calibur games. Taki in particular. Taki is a warrior of great honor in a jumpsuit, just like Samus. However, Taki looks like a total skank, with pokey nipples and excessive sandbag physics in her animations. Zamus, on the other hand, was an excercise in restraint, and I feel that we all need to respect that. And not make jokes like "I'd like to exercise with her in restraints!"

Top Bottom