• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone play online anymore?

Unanimated

Smash Rookie
Seriously, does anyone play Brawl online anymore? It seems like whenever I search for someone, it never finds anyone. Compared to when I first got the game when I could go online and find 3 other people in a matter of minutes, it seems like Brawl is dead online.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Nope.
._.

Computers are more fun imo.

bobson

Smash Lord
I don't know where you were, but it took me a full two days to find someone when I first got Brawl.

POKE40

Smash Lord
Yes, I'm heavy on online

over 3000 vs. anyone online
over 10 hours all together...
bout only 13 of them was only 1 vs. 1 >.<

I could get my game up instantly or less than 5 minutes...
Here comes CF and teh blue gw!!!

*goes online*
see? such ppl exisit

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Everyone uses friend code exchange these days.
Basic brawls are way to laggy and such, plus its random people and random matches. So its much more efficient to just do friend exhange.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I play every day, twice normally... sometime between 10 am and 2 pm cst and again after work between 10 pm and 1 am... on my off days I'll camp out all day pretty much. I usually get a match within 1 minute of logging in. The matches are usually -virtually- lag free with a good mix of non-item matches and good stages. Also typically the opponents are fairly well skilled. It's usually 2 such folks, then a blank spot that gets filled in with a n00b/tauntspammer/semi-good player, but they're shuffled out every 5-10 minutes. This is in Team Battle, BTW. Dunno how Basic Brawl is anymore, haven't logged into it in quite some time.

Air King

Smash Rookie
I still play online, but I agree it sucks at finding people to play with D:

shurf

Smash Cadet
I only play with friends. And that's pretty rare for me now. I plan on playing actively again soon.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Actually, for some reason it's easier to find people when less people are on. When a lot of people are on it gets hard to find anyone.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
I have 428 Hours worth of Online Matches with Friends.
10 Minutes with anyone... :D
Yeahhhhh People still play Online.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I just don't play basic brawl anymore... whenever I join a game there lag and I get disconnected in 10 seconds, yet when I play with friends, no lag at all, so I just spectate

kingdom-triforce

Smash Journeyman
I would play with my friends a lot more if 1) more of them would come online when I do and 2) more of them would stop ignoring my requests to join and 3) if I had more friends. _-_

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Not anymore. To me, online is garbage. I only play Brawl in offline tournaments, if at all.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
i have a lot of online matches too.

i rarely play basic brawl anymore though, its all about friendlies now...

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
I have 10 minutes With Anyone compared to my tons of hours in Friends. Yeeeaaah!

Now then, Brawl has a really active online community. AllisBrawl has the most active ladder.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
With Anyone is no fun at all.
All you see on there are Ikes and Sonics.

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
basic brawl works well for me, rarely have a problem. I can't seem to connect with people on my friends list though so I just changed my router. (Anyone want to help me test it?) I heard a rumor that you're experience with brawl online depends on your internet service provider, like it'll be easier to connect if you all have comcast or bellsouth. I don't know if anyone has tried this though.

Fat NISMO

Smash Cadet
Basic Brawl is pretty much crap. You see a dude spaming Pikachu's thunder thing ,running lunatic sonic, lowriding wario (well thats actually hilarious), Cheap Flying ****** ball and THREE Ike's that you fight at the same time

Freindlies is just the way to go ^_^

konorob

Smash Rookie
I'm online every weekend. It just takes a long time to find other competitors, but when I do find people, the matches are usually good.

AbsoluteZero0K

Smash Rookie
I play basic brawl a lot and I never see that stuff. You must get bad matchups. Sure, there's an occasional Ike, but everyone has figured out to not leave Ike free to charge fsmashes.

The "worst" I have seen are those who try to taunt all match. But it's fun to kill them too.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
Basic Brawl is pretty much crap. You see a dude spaming Pikachu's thunder thing ,running lunatic sonic, lowriding wario (well thats actually hilarious), Cheap Flying ****** ball and THREE Ike's that you fight at the same time

Freindlies is just the way to go ^_^
Actually, it's just taunts everywhere most likely.

Shadow_of_Link

Smash Apprentice
With Anyone sucks, but With Friends is pretty decent. I usually do ladder matches on AiB with it because there's some good competition there.

Top Bottom