• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone feel bad when they chain grab to a spike?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
We've pretty much been saying this for 6 pages and this thread is still around :(
I don't feel sorry for people I CG > Spike, but I feel sorry for Denzi being so patient and nice to people that do silly things on the Falco boards.
Denzi needs MOAR RUTHLESSNESS!

wolfbrawl

Smash Cadet
Its horrible for Wolf because:

Falco: Omg just don't get grabbed!

Wolf: **Stays away in order not to get grabbed **(OHKO at 0% because it goes across 3/4 FD)

Falco: Omg spammer

Wolf ::(

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Its horrible for Wolf because:

Falco: Omg just don't get grabbed!

Wolf: **Stays away in order not to get grabbed **(OHKO at 0% because it goes across 3/4 FD)

Falco: Omg spammer

Wolf ::(
Stop spamming bair and fsmash then come back and call Falco a spammer. :p

Riku00

Smash Ace
not at all! i rarely do it because its not one of my favorite things to do, but i never feel bad when i do it. if anything i am proud of myself.

Yes i do want a cookie!

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Dude it feels frickin' awesome! It feels even better than DDD's chain grab. I mean with Falco you can give them upto 40% damage without even having to fight for it. Be grateful that Falco rules

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
I don't feel bad. Does your opponent feel bad if you have a momentary laps of thought, and accidentally run into their charged smash? No, they probably laugh with giddy happiness. How is chaingrabbing to a spike different than any kill move? How is it different from C. Falcon's punch?

It's just a move. It's something Falco can do. Don't feel guilty about it... =)
There's no ensured way to use Falcon Punch.

Once Falco initiates that grab, There. Is. No. Escape.

Balance? I think not.

faceholerope

Smash Cadet
There's no ensured way to use Falcon Punch.

Once Falco initiates that grab, There. Is. No. Escape.

Balance? I think not.
depends on who's getting grabbed. a few characters can escape earlier and some can't be chained, plus you can always DI or tech the spike

Neenja13

Smash Cadet
you shouldn't feel bad because if they let them selves get caught then they brought it on them.

faceholerope

Smash Cadet
^ that's a bit harsh. the "don't get grabbed" philosophy doesn't always work too well. It's especially true when you have no projectiles and the character has a large grab range (general statement. doen's necessarily apply to just Falco).

This is why I quit maining Falco. Now I only use him only for friendlies. Whenever I get a grab, I never down throw.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Dirty tactics in general should make people feel bad, especially if it's easy to pull off.

Chain grabs are big culprits because they are easy to do, and it turns out to be the biggest focus of players. All you do is shield and doge until you grab them once, and bam they are dead. The oppoenent spends the whole match constructing skillful, thoughtful shots and one slip into a shielded chain grab and it's over.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Dirty tactics in general should make people feel bad, especially if it's easy to pull off.
idk I usually feel pretty good about chain grab to spiking people

faceholerope

Smash Cadet
it's not so much about how bad you feel after doing it. I personally refrain from it unless I'm playing to win because it takes away from the fun of the game.

Vlade

Social Outcast

Chain grabs are big culprits because they are easy to do, and it turns out to be the biggest focus of players. All you do is shield and doge until you grab them once, and bam they are dead. The oppoenent spends the whole match constructing skillful, thoughtful shots and one slip into a shielded chain grab and it's over.
It's not over. Take the 45% damage to the chin and get back in the game. The CG > spike is no longer a true 0-death on any character because it is possible to tech the spike, but then there are fakeouts, etc.

Anyway people should just stop whining about chaingrabs and metaknight and focus on advancing the metagame, not hindering it.

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
i didnt expect this thread to last this long. I posted it a long time ago, i have grown as a brawler and as a falco player in general, and now i don't feel bad when i cg to a spike anymore. Its a part of the game and no johns.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
If the whole metagame is shielding into chaingrabbing... not cool. It'll get like Marvel vs. Capcom 2: who can hit their infinite first on the same characters over and over.

wangston

Smash Lord
I usually don't don't do it in friendlies unless i'm working on the rpbg. It really isn't that deadly, jump and use your up B and most of the time they will get unto the stage with out having to grab the ledge. It's free dmg so take.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Sucks to be them. They should've spaced better. Don't get grabbed/counterpick.

Or they could just learn to tech it.

Nic64

Smash Lord
If the whole metagame is shielding into chaingrabbing... not cool. It'll get like Marvel vs. Capcom 2: who can hit their infinite first on the same characters over and over.
even if that were the case(it's not), that would be the developers fault for making a terrible game, you can't pin that on the players for trying to win.

Denzi

Smash Master
I don't feel bad because everyone knows that Falco can chain grab and spike them.
n00bs don't, and I feel bad when I do it to them, which is why I usually don't ( unless the refuse to recognize my knowledge of Smash and claim that "they can beat me no problem," in which case they deserve what they get :evil:).

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
n00bs don't, and I feel bad when I do it to them, which is why I usually don't ( unless the refuse to recognize my knowledge of Smash and claim that "they can beat me no problem," in which case they deserve what they get :evil:).
Yeah I really love it when it just shuts them down after they claim to "wreck" our Falco's.

Some memorable favourites:
"That's so cheap"
"I could have beat you if you didn't use your stupid chain grab."
"You rely on that chain grab too much to win."
"You actually suck a brawl but only win because of chain grabs."
"Falco is broken."

Then I beat them without CG and they just have to stuff it.

Those were the days.

That being said, I usually don't CG > spike on noobs.

Irsic

Smash Ace
What characters have a for sure spike on? I play Lucas and this pretty much never works on me.

Top Bottom