• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone feel bad when they chain grab to a spike?

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I use it most of the time. although I didn't play this game since November/December, can't believe I lost interest, in summer vacation I wanted to play it so badly, and in September-October I did, after that I didn't play for a long time

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget to do it with Captain Falcon.
Yeah man, but that makes me feel REALLY bad. It's like: "Well what? I beat you with Capt. Falcon. You... wanna keep playing or what"?

It's just.. over.

At least, give them their pride, if nothing else. Their stupid, scrubbish pride.

Elegants

Smash Rookie
Lol, I dont feel too bad the first time in a match, but if I chain spike them a second time I feel horrible. I know it's not fun losing your stock to a Falco that way, but people don't seem to realize how easy it is to preform. When the opportunities there I'm quick to take full advantage.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
lol i use it all the time. If you want cheap go do ICs chain grabs. 0-death inescapable 100% of the time if you can do it right.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Yeah man, but that makes me feel REALLY bad. It's like: "Well what? I beat you with Capt. Falcon. You... wanna keep playing or what"?

It's just.. over.

At least, give them their pride, if nothing else. Their stupid, scrubbish pride.
but what if the "scrub" plays MK? does that make a diffrence?

Twin_Scimitar

Smash Cadet
These kinds of threads...

These threads confuse me... It seems like they should be closed within a day of their opening... yet everyone seems okay with them.

Yet threads that do not have a main topic, yet serve the purpose of keeping the community together, and sharing information on tournaments etc. get closed (ex. the Kown's general discussion thread on the Pit boards.) I guess it's really just a matter of semantics, both types of threads can be abused to inflate post count... yet I feel that these threads don't serve a purpose.

No, I haven't read the rules, and if something specifically is in the rules against those types of threads and for these kinds, then that's fine. However, it seems to me that it's a policy that doesn't encourage intelligent posting, or a tight community.

Just a random thought, not in any way an attack against those who post here, or the original creator.

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
^ Well what do you expect us to say? "Yes." "No." "Sometimes."

It's not really discussion. The nature of discussion is always going to evolve into something tangential unless there is a moderator to mitigate the situation. As this is a forum, the Falco community recognizes that this topic has been lead astray.

None the less, the discussion has moved on from simply chain grabbing and feeling bad about it, to playing our scrub friends with Falco and CGing or not. If you go back one page, I believe I start a post saying how beating my friends with CG doesn't feel so great, but if they start boasting I own them up.

Twin_Scimitar

Smash Cadet
I see what you are saying, and I respect it. This topic has been lead astray, and gone off on a tangent, as a thread with this topic is apt to do quite often.

However, my beef is with the fact that a thread so simple that serves little purpose, AND is prone to go off on a tangent, is allowed to survive. Yet, a general discussion thread for a character board is closed.

The general discussion thread is an ideal place to talk about tournament placings/plans. It makes more sense to me to punish a single person who abuses these general discussion threads, then to close the threads as a whole. Not that I expect anything to change, I'm just venting my frustration.

*Vent*

I'm not insulting the thread, or saying that it should be closed. I'm saying that these kinds of threads are more useless and silly then other threads that have been closed.

*finishes venting*

But yeah, the few friends that I play against that are horrible at the game, I always play all out against. I will chain grab to spike them, and I don't feel badly about it int he slightest. If I want to be more reasonable, I simply play with a character that is not as good, or that I am not as good with. That's just me though.

Top Bottom