• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone else actually enjoy SSE?

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
I happen to really enjoy the Subspace Emissary. Sure, the layouts are bland sometimes, but what it lacks in level variety, it makes up for in longetivity, difficulty, and sheer fun. Hell, even the Great Maze is really fun -- I love fighting the dark forms of every character and then the dark lord Tabuu.

Plus, when you complete the mode, unlock the secret characters Toon Link, Jigglypuff, and Wolf, and maybe beat Subspace 1 and 2 a few hundred more times, you can play as any character on any level -- which could offer up more diversity than Brawl's versus mode.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I actually revisited it last week, and finished it, in anticipation of Ultimate.

I like the idea of SSE. However, I think it throws a few too many enemies at you at once, and it's often hard to ignore them all. You take damage if you do, but if you don't, you'll still take damage because their numbers overwhelm you. Bosses also soaked up damage a little too well, they weren't like Master Hand at all. You were almost garunteed to be killed at least once.

Also, there was literally no reason to reduce each characters speed if you're playing alone... Who the heck wants to play as a Sonic who moves at the same speed as Mario?

And of course the most obvious problem was that there weren't enough familiar locales and enemies for a crossover game like Smash. I actually like the subspace army, but I would have preferred if they were working with other Nintendo baddies instead of just the Koopa Troop.

In the end though, I still enjoyed playing it, and am deeply saddened that future Smash games won't build upon it all because people uploaded it to youtube. Talk about punishing the people who were willing to avoid the spoilers, huh?

Last edited:
Top Bottom