• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anybody NOT have Brawl on reserve yet?

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
I still need a Wii! My parents are against games and won't get me one, and I need around $150 by Christmas, which is when I'll probably buy one. I'm thinking of reserving Brawl right now though, just so I can say I got it on release day and before all the scrubs at my school.
Lmao. Well, good luck! Right now isn't really the time to do that though with holiday shopping. I heard their impossible to get now. :laugh:

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I work at GameStop.

The day before Galaxy released, we already had more copies of Brawl reserved than we had copies of_ Galaxy_ reserved. Trust me, this will be MUCH harder to get than Galaxy was.
Sorry, that still doesn't justify a preorder for me. If they're giving some special offer with a preorder then definitely, but as it stands right now, nah. I just don't see Brawl being sold out on the first day. It's highly anticipated but if Nintendo provides stores with so little copies that the game can't even be found on the release day then their production team needs to be fired.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I havent reserved my copy yet, but I will by christmas. I got a question, where is the most reliable place to reserve it?
I was thinking either Best Buy, Walmart, Gamestop, or Toys R us( toys r us is giving out a free wiimote cover, with this preorder, and I dont think anyone will think of reserving it there.)

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Well here in Australia we don't even have a release date so I might wait a while.

ro0kie42

Smash Apprentice
i never reserve. it's kinda pointless to me. let's see i didn't reserve pokemon diamond/pearl, which i think is more popular than brawl due to all the younguns, and i got both copies on release date (and i didn't even have to check multiple stores). i'm pretty sure brawl will be readily available.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Guys, lets take a look at some games for the Wii:

Carnival Games
Link's Crossbow Training (w/Zapper)
WiiPlay

Umm.......those games were all sold out for a while after their release. In fact, I was luck to get Zapper/Link and Wiiplay on launch days, becuase they sold out of WiiPlay preorders and didnt take Zapper preorders. I got there as soon as the truck arrived for the Zapper, and had to check multiple stores for Wiiplay. I never bought Carnival Games, still not sure if I want it (i want the claw machine, but i also own a real claw machine).

My point? BRAWL WILL BE MORE POPULAR THAN WIIPLAY, LINKS CROSSBOW TRAINING/ZAPPER, AND CARNIVAL GAMES. IT'S GONNA SELL OUT.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I reccomend anyone who preorders there at game stop/eb games to pick up there games as soon as it comes out. They have a tendancy with popular games to sell off reserved copies if you dont get there in time enough after release.

Umm...no they dont? They, LIKE ANY STORE, is allowed to sell a reserved copy if you wait 2 days or longer to pick it up, and it says that on the reserve recipt.

Unless you have a crooked GameStop, they wouldnt just randomly sell your copy.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
I generally make it a point not to preorder a game. Until it comes out, you don't know that it will be good. I've seen too many games hyped up, then ultimately fall flat when they're released.

ro0kie42

Smash Apprentice
Guys, lets take a look at some games for the Wii:

Carnival Games
Link's Crossbow Training (w/Zapper)
WiiPlay

Umm.......those games were all sold out for a while after their release. In fact, I was luck to get Zapper/Link and Wiiplay on launch days, becuase they sold out of WiiPlay preorders and didnt take Zapper preorders. I got there as soon as the truck arrived for the Zapper, and had to check multiple stores for Wiiplay. I never bought Carnival Games, still not sure if I want it (i want the claw machine, but i also own a real claw machine).

My point? BRAWL WILL BE MORE POPULAR THAN WIIPLAY, LINKS CROSSBOW TRAINING/ZAPPER, AND CARNIVAL GAMES. IT'S GONNA SELL OUT.
wow i had no clue. @!@&^!*^ i haven't reserved yet. meh.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I haven't. I don't think I'm going to either. I honestly don't think that I've ever seen a game sell out on the first day in my life. The people at Gamestop(and probably other game stores too) always make it sound like every single game you ask for is going to sell out immediately and you'll miss out if you don't reserve it. They only do that because they know if they get you to reserve a game at their store, you'll definitely buy it from them and not at another store. They're trained to do that.

If I game comes out on a Monday, the stores near me don't usually have it until Tuesday for some reason. I was in Gamestop on the Monday that Galaxy was supposed to be released, and when I asked about it the guy told me that they'd have it tomorrow and that if I didn't reserve it I probably wouldn't be able to find it until after the Holidays. I went back the next day and they had an entire shelf full of Mario Galaxy.

A lot of people haven't even been able to get a Wii yet. And at least half the people that do have one are the Wii Sports crowd, and they probably aren't that excited about Smash Bros. So I'm not worried about it selling out. Maybe it's just because I live in a small town, but I've never had trouble getting a game the first day and I never preorder them.

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
I'm waiting until I know who will be doing midnight releases.

On that note, has anywhere confirmed a midnight release yet?

Not A Naruto Wannabe

Smash Apprentice
I generally make it a point not to preorder a game. Until it comes out, you don't know that it will be good. I've seen too many games hyped up, then ultimately fall flat when they're released.
OK, man. Its one thing to not pre-order cause you dont trust the store. Its another if you dont like crowds. Have you seen any of the gameplay videos for this game yet? this game will surely NOT suck.

In any case, i have reserved a copy. really the first game i have done this with. But, my first few looks on the dojo had me hooked. I really want this on the day it comes out.

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
I figured what the heck, put down five bucks to keep a copy around at Gamestop, I'll have more funds after the holidays to pay in full in February. Already marking my calender to take that day off.

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't consider new games as super rare. If I found Ninja Gaiden Black or MvC2 at Wal-Mart, that would be something.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
reserves are officially getting pretty big. 2 gamestops in my town, and one (luckily the one i reserved at) has confirmed that they will do a midnight launch

pablovirus

Smash Journeyman
Nope, not me. No money. No gamestop. No Wii.

Now ain't that a sad story?:crying::grrr::cry::burst:
No gamecube, no SSBM, no controllers, for over year (my friend sold his GC and his games so it's been a REALLY LONG WHILE since I last played). And now that I'm in the US I still cant find them, not even a Wii. Going crazy :(:urg::urg::urg:

That said, I couldn't care less if I get Brawl the day of the release or not. I'm used to waiting =/

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
No gamecube, no SSBM, no controllers, for over year (my friend sold his GC and his games so it's been a REALLY LONG WHILE since I last played). And now that I'm in the US I still cant find them, not even a Wii. Going crazy :(:urg::urg::urg:

That said, I couldn't care less if I get Brawl the day of the release or not. I'm used to waiting =/

You must be a very humble person! I would go crazy if I wasn't able to get Brawl for a long time!!! :psycho:

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I don't think it will be very hard to find. I don't want to pre-order it at my local GameStop because I don't know if they will have a midnight release for it. So far, my plan is to pick it up at Walmart at Midnight. It worked for GH III (first in line to purchase), so yeah.

Top Bottom