• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anybody NOT have Brawl on reserve yet?

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
You really shouldn't listen to those guys at gamestop/gamecrazy/wherever that try to get you to buy preorders. They have to try to get you to. It is easy as hell to buy games, and if you've tried to buy any other major nintendo releases this year you know that gamestop/gamecrazy have them a day AFTER major retailers, and on top of that they open later. I personally want to play brawl ASAP so I'm going to buy it at a major retailer that doesn't do preorders, so I'll be able to get a copy easily at 8am.

Psh. What kind of dedication is that? Wal-Mart is open at midnight.

rblair

Smash Cadet
I don't need to reserve it. My brother works at compusa and he said he'll pick one up for me before it even goes on shelves. BETTER YET I get it $10 off through him =) yup it's pretty bomb

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I'm way to scared to NOT reserve it! I need to get my hands on the game asap. Not even one more day of waiting will be acceptable.
Which is why in some cases you'd be better off not reserving it. By reserving you commit yourself to the store that you reserve it at. If they end up not getting it in stock until the day after (or two to three days, as was the case with some stores and mario galaxy) then you're basically screwed and you end up a day behind the rest of the world (or the smashboards hehe).

I honestly think it's easier for me to just go pick it up in the morning on the release date. I already know it won't be sold out that quick. Unless you only have one store that sells games in your area then I don't think you have anything to worry about.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I don't. :p I'm not worried. I had no problem getting Pokemon Diamond on release, with the store having MANY to spare, and I got Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy soon enough after launch. I don't generally pre-order things unless it has a cool gift for pre-ordering (i.e. Pokemon Colosseum's disk with Jirachi).

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I don't have a copy reserved. I did back when I thought I'd still be in college when it came out (next week is already Dec. 3rd btw... how sad is thatt T_T). But I had to cancel that because I'll be back at home now for the release, which means I need to reserve it at the gamestop in my hometown. Which I will do as soon as I finish this semester.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
I don't have mine reserved because I'm not worried, Gaffney is the smallest town in SC. There will be plenty of copies.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Nah, no need to pre-order unless there's a gift with it. I'll probably pick it up on my way home from school around noon.

^_^

courte

Smash Lord
i actually have seven lol its funny if you've gone through a decent number of copies of melee then you'd understand my thinking

whenever i go to gamestop and buy something if i find i've got some 5 bux left over they always say anything you want to reserve and i always say yeah smash-- needless to say im trying not to go there for a while now

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
Unortunatly no, I live in Israel, the people here actually think Sony still owns the console race, which means a huge delay in Nintendo products.
SMG, the most requested game as of yet for the Wii, only gotten here a week after it's release -_-.
The only other option for me is to preorder it online from out of state, though that would take a week or 2 to deliver as well.
So at any case, I'm stuck getting it only after a week or 2 T-T

Sadnap

Smash Cadet
I'm just worry about the lag in which the store will stock the shelves with the game. More times than not, stores around my town won't have games up on their release date.

voittaa711

Smash Journeyman
Chicagoland area---1v1 no items AIM- Voittaa711
For Mario Galaxy I figured that I should take my time because no one will want or know about this game.

then I went to Toys R Us....gone...
walmart target...gone....
Best Buy....last copy....booyah...

I don't want to go through that again so I'm definately going to resevere it sometime soon.

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
I haven't reserved yet either, seeing as how I'm not sure I'll even have a Wii by then. Then again, I could always preorder, get it and stare at the box until I get a Wii. >.>.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
For Mario Galaxy I figured that I should take my time because no one will want or know about this game.

then I went to Toys R Us....gone...
walmart target...gone....
Best Buy....last copy....booyah...

I don't want to go through that again so I'm definately going to resevere it sometime soon.
Consider the "city" where I live, I'm pretty sure that I will get my copy of Brawl without a reservation. SMGalaxy is still highly available here.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
No, I do NOT have Brawl on reserve yet.

But I will NOT NOT have Brawl on reserve later tonight.

I don't. Huge games like halo 3 and burning crusade weren't sold out right away, brawl won't be. The only time games really seem to get sold out super quick is when it's a collectores edition or its a MEGA release (WoW launch). Just to let you know I don't and never will play WoW just incase anyone is wondering.

Seriously you should go burn in hell for saying "olol it wunt be on teh shelves fer a week"
Well, out here in California, Super Mario Galaxy wasn't easy to come by during the initial launch. Games such as this and Halo 3 tend to sell out only during the first launch, but afterwords, the market is saturated. Supply and demand drive the capitalist economy, so i'm pretty sure that you won't have any problem finding it after the launch.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Not me but I am going to work right at opening, rushing to the electronics, and buying it. I highly doubt it will be sold out. We never sold out Halo 3 and Guitar Hero III when they were released.

BTW I work at Target.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
I'm betting that there will be MORE than enough Brawls to go around, but preordering certainly doesn't hurt. I've already preordered it and will end up paying it all off before it comes out.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Keep in mind availability will differ depending where you live. Nintendo ships the most copies where they think it'll sell the most copies.

Also, let's not forget how available the Wii itself was at launch.

I've been telling all my friends that I'm expecting line-ups at stores for this game. Who knows though.

I'm personally getting it pre-ordered. I can't afford to wait another week or two for the next shipment if I miss out on it by chance. I've already waited ENOUGH lol.

I'll pre-order closer to launch, simply because I don't want to hold on to the receipt for months and potentially lose it..

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
I ordered Brawl online through GameStop with next day shipping. They have guaranteed delivery on the day of the release date (guaranteed Feb. 10th if the date doesn't change) as long as you do next day shipping.

I'm thinking of trying to go to the store that morning anyway though. :D I figure if I get a second copy, I can always give it to my brother for his birthday or something, since he probably wouldn't get it himself.

YoukoisaHOMO

Smash Rookie
We have too many game store around my area, I am going to get it once it come out. Reserving game is over rated.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I was, but then it went on delay. I will though in january some time. Usualy not too hard to get popular titles localy.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
I don't have it reserved and I don't plan on reserving it. I doubt that more than 30 people in my county have wii's, so there isn't much competition against me here. And besides, I'm planning on getting it asap anyways.

soaz

Smash Ace
I dont know a single person in my city that plays smash so i guess im going to be the only one being there when the store opens.

Tyeforce

Smash Apprentice
I preordered mine at GameStop, but they can keep my $5. I'm waiting at Wal-Mart until midnight for Brawl, just like when I waited in line for 33 hours for my Wii. ^_^

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
Could somebody fill me in on how the reserving works? I was planning on waiting at WalMart for a few hours and getting it at midnight. Can I just reserve a copy and come pick it up in the morning at Walmart? If I can, then why do people camp out for games and stuff? I'm lost...

Top Bottom