• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anybody NOT have Brawl on reserve yet?

KiddyDong

Smash Cadet
I reccomend anyone who preorders there at game stop/eb games to pick up there games as soon as it comes out. They have a tendancy with popular games to sell off reserved copies if you dont get there in time enough after release.

Boa

Smash Cadet
I reccomend anyone who preorders there at game stop/eb games to pick up there games as soon as it comes out. They have a tendancy with popular games to sell off reserved copies if you dont get there in time enough after release.

So much for relaxing and getting it whenever I felt like.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
im not pre-ordering it after what almost happened to me when i was about to reserve SMG, I was about to reserve it but was short on cash only to find out that on the day it came out there was plenty of copies.Plus people who did reserve it got it later then me.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I remember a similar thread about Galaxy... the gamestop i went to had about 100 galaxy's on the shelves 4 in the afternoon.

I'm not going to preorder.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
I paid for mine in full last month. I know there will probably tons of copies left at my Gamestop, but I had the money already so I just went ahead and bought it.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
Why reserve it? i I'll get it anyway. Me and my friend walked into gamestop the day Halo 3 came out and picked off one of many copies off of the shelf, and Halo is more popular than Smash so I think that I will be fine.

aleps

Smash Apprentice
I don't have a Wii either.... its my Christmas gift hehe. Anyway I'll reserve Brawl soon, when I have enough money.

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
I don't, won't be doing it either. As I'm sure has been stated multiple times already games rarely sell out.

I felt like an idiot the day I bought Galaxy.My friend and I went to Best Buy at lunch time to get the game. On the bus ride, I kept thinking that the game would be sold out. When my friend and I were like a minute away from he store, we saw this chubby kid enter, and we were like "OMG he's going to get the last copy!1!!1oneew." So then we sprinted across the road, through the doors, to the Wii section, and realized that there were MULTIPLE copies left. Like over 50 in that storage thing they have. I felt so stupid, hading sprinted in like a crazed lunatic.

Long story short, I doubt it'll sell out , so I won't be pre-ordering. Though I do expect the game to sell more than Galaxy on its opening day(and lifetime)

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
Make a reservation for a big-time game like this? It's not really necessary. It's Smash Bros Brawl, the sequel to the best selling Gamecube game. I'm 100% sure that they will have the most insane amount of copies you could eve imagine available on the launch date. If there was a special edition or something, then that would be a different story.

The only time you really need to reserve a game is if a game is getting a limited release (aka, most RPGs aside from the biggies like Final Fantasy, Bioware stuff, etc).

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Ok. I heard that from my friend that a guy at GameStop was talking about how he spent the entire day taking in pre-orders for Brawl, like 300 reserves. Now, I got galaxy the day it got in stores at Toys R Us because of the deal they had for that week and they had several copies still left in the store when I went to buy it at 3:30 or 4:00 pm. The Wii has broken a record and from what I've heard from E3 is that it's been selling out since the release. I expect it's calmed down a bit, but because of the holiday rush it may be rising back in sales. From this I can tell that Nintendo has learned from past experiences about how to gauge their stock. I heard that Toys 'R' Us got multiple shippings during the day, which I'm not sure if it's been something that's been going on for a while or not because I've never really gotten into the "buy on very first day" thing. Except for a few select games including Kingdom Hearts 2 and Super Mario Galaxy. I expect Brawl to be well stocked and if you miss the first shipping of the day then try in a few hours. Nintendo cares about us and they've been perfecting their sales.

Saor Gael

Smash Apprentice
I have reserved my copy already. :chuckle:

After I did that, though, I made plans to be out of the country on a business trip when it was released! They changed, and part of me still wishes I could go, but I am glad I'll be here when Brawl is released. :lick:

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
yeah... i see what you all mean... it does matter where you reserve it, and what city that youre in, but the point of this whole thread is if you can stand not having it on the first day....( i cant)
I can't stand waiting more, but I have no choice =\
On the other hand though, there's a gaming store 1 block away from grandparent's house called MediaGame, I've had some hardships with them before, but they said that unless there's problem with the shipping, it should be there a day or 2 after release, and that I can preorder only a month ahead of time, when they'll decide the price.
So I'll get it sooner than I though, but still, not on release day T.T

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Eh, I've never reserved any video games.

Generally the only times that I've wanted something video game related and not been able to get it in my area has been console releases and related things (launch titles, Wiimotes). I didn't manage to get a Wii until March. Of course, I wasn't super diligent, so no doubt I could've gotten it much sooner. But oh well.

At any rate, I had no problem getting a copy of Super Mario Galaxy on the release date. I live in the Triangle in NC, so it's not a huge city, not a huge problem getting things. If worst comes to worst, I'll get my parents to buy me a copy in my hometown, which is a small town.

Brawl will be great, of course, and a best seller. But I'm not anticipating problems. I will still be trying to get it ASAP tho.

The only thing that worries me is the possibility that I will be working (don't have a job now, plan on having one after this semester) and unable to get to a store until after 5pm on the 11th (you won't be able to buy it on the 10th, if my experience with Galaxy's supposed release date holds). It could sell out if I give it all day, but as long as I can get to a store during the day, I'm not worried. But who knows, maybe I'll get my parents to pre-order it for me as a Christmas present.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, since I don't have a Wii yet, and I was able to get Halo without reserving it the day it came out...I didn't see a point in reserving Brawl yet

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Weed you're going to be hard-pressed to find one. From what I've seen and read Wii's are still - STILL - sold out in some places, and with the holidays coming up, I dread for your well-being.

Your solution is to sell random stuff you dont want IMMEDIATELY and GET A WII.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I'm not pre-ordering it as I'm always able to find games on launch day or 1 day after... either way it doesn't make much difference to me, I've already been waiting for this game since before it was announced so a extra day won't make much of a difference. the games coming out in less then 2 1/2 months now anyways.

Smashbro24

Smash Apprentice
Underneath the screen of your computer screen, sta
I don't, won't be doing it either. As I'm sure has been stated multiple times already games rarely sell out.

I felt like an idiot the day I bought Galaxy.My friend and I went to Best Buy at lunch time to get the game. On the bus ride, I kept thinking that the game would be sold out. When my friend and I were like a minute away from he store, we saw this chubby kid enter, and we were like "OMG he's going to get the last copy!1!!1oneew." So then we sprinted across the road, through the doors, to the Wii section, and realized that there were MULTIPLE copies left. Like over 50 in that storage thing they have. I felt so stupid, hading sprinted in like a crazed lunatic.

Long story short, I doubt it'll sell out , so I won't be pre-ordering. Though I do expect the game to sell more than Galaxy on its opening day(and lifetime)
brawl will be much bigger than galaxy....

the main reason that anyone reserves a game is either to make 100% sure that you get it, or that you get it on the first day. my reasons are both. also, a main reason that i got it is to make sure that i get it. its not a gaurentee that youll get it if you dont reserve, even if there is a monumentally huge chance that itll happen...

CJay

Smash Cadet
I haven't reserved mine either. but i dont have to, i will get it from nintendo

(but i have to pay it and i receive it 2-3 days later lol)

Anth0ny

Smash Master
There's no chance that it is going to be completely sold out everywhere on the first day. Pre-order is not required. In fact, the only way I'll pre order it is if they give a pre order gift.

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
I still need a Wii! My parents are against games and won't get me one, and I need around $150 by Christmas, which is when I'll probably buy one. I'm thinking of reserving Brawl right now though, just so I can say I got it on release day and before all the scrubs at my school.

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
Getting mine pre-ordered after I get all the Christmas gifts I need to give people. Quite ready to wait outside the Gamestop if I have to. I'm one of those Survivorman-types, me and friends will be out there making ramen on a hexamine stove in thirty degree weather.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
reserved mine about a week after you were allowed to.

ABSOLUTELY NO REASON not too.

Reserve: Impossible to not get it on day 1, Possible for a special reserve gift.
No Reserve: Possible to not get it on day 1, Impossible for a special reserve gift.

Top Bottom