• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think Zelda looks better in Melee or Brawl?

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice
She's daintier in Melee, hotter in Brawl.

Assuming they were real people, I'd do Brawl before Melee, but I'd definitely take a threesome.
That's not unless both of them set your balls on fire trying...

Jiya

Smash Rookie
I like Brawl Zelda IMO but she does have the original from OoT custom which is a plus. Wonder if she will turn into Sheik though?

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
I've got two words for ya: Dark Zelda =D

Here's a couple more words for ya: Better graphics =)

And four words this time: A LOT more detail.

I like Brawl better. She's shiny... O.O

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
I think she look better in Melee, i like her brunette though, but her dress is better than bralw, and she way to detailed in bralw, i dont really like it, but ill still use her lol
I..cant see why more details is a downside :dizzy:

Anyway. Brawl Zelda, of course. Seems like she has more attitude in Brawl (She looked pretty pissed off in the SSE clip, and sort of cocky [see the sparky hand motion she makes after landing]), for once a princess that isnt too dainty and non self-reliant. She seems more 'smirky', not totally dazed like this was in Melee.

To me, she was just too..porcelain in Melee. Seems like in Brawl she could easily go toe to toe with Zamus or Ike and still beat them senseless, and thats a real breath of fresh air.

Loving the braids. It's new, its unique, and id love to see how they react to wind, movement and force (explosions etc) in-game (if they each move independantly or not). Also in Melee, her hair seemed to bundle unnaturally together. I called it sausage hair at one point. Well in Brawl it's tied together at the end, and now it makes sense and looks more reallistic.

Her dress in this seems to be less 'stick to her legs' than in the OoT dress.. Looks to be thicker too (because they gave it a layered look this time), not like tissuepaper in Melee, as well as much more reacatant to force (movement, wind, explosions, one of her taunts is an example of this.) The dress also shows some of her back, which is also a nice change.

FINALLY, a female smasher who ISNT blonde. I cant stress how great this is.

Well that was a little long, but thats why i like Brawl Zelda's looks more than Melee Zelda.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
They both have ups and downs, but I prefer Brawl Zelda.

Brawl Zelda's (taken from TP) brown hair seems to be a clear reference to the Zelda's that appeared in the early games- some of them had brown hair, so referencing the old school is pretty awesome IMO.

As for her aesthetics, I agree that its great to have a female that isn't blonde for once. Her dress is not only more original, its far more regal, more powerful, and WAY more elegant. It also references actual fashion history which helps make it seem a bit more realistic, not that realism is all that important in this game. :/

Melee Zelda seems like a tacky, cliche, "Barbie" version of herself when compared to the Brawl version.

To quote from a book I love, "Pink is the ultimate cliche." I think that applies very well here.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
(She looked pretty pissed off in the SSE clip, and sort of cocky [see the sparky hand motion she makes after landing]),
So true, especially when stuck next to Peach. All through those cinematics, you have Peach gasping and screaming, while Zelda's just standing there, elbow resting in her hand, wondering who she's going to set on fire first. She actually looks pissed off at Wario whenever he goes to smack her with the trophey gun. Even when she's trapped by Petey, and Peach is on her knees crying, Zelda's just like... "Hmm... This is mildly inconvenient."

Noa.

Smash Master
Melee Zelda is pretty. But Brawl Zelda is gorgeous. So much more detail, brunette, not much pink. She resembled to much of Peach in melee. Peach is all right, but we have no need for two blonde pink princesses.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
So true, especially when stuck next to Peach. All through those cinematics, you have Peach gasping and screaming, while Zelda's just standing there, elbow resting in her hand, wondering who she's going to set on fire first. She actually looks pissed off at Wario whenever he goes to smack her with the trophey gun. Even when she's trapped by Petey, and Peach is on her knees crying, Zelda's just like... "Hmm... This is mildly inconvenient."
Yeah they make Peach look so helpless and weak in that clip.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Yes! Just before she got turned into a Trophy, it was one of those 'If i ever get out of this...' looks (She also took the time to strike a super cool awesome pose before she was done being trophy-fied :p).

A picture says a thousand words, and Zelda has ALOT to say. You cant blame her for being a little pissed, i mean she's been kidnapped that many times, your 'inconvenient' suits it perfectly.

Of course the same could be said for Peach, but we all know she isnt 'all there'. I'd have to say the best thing about the new Zelda is the inclusion of attitude. Finally she's fit to be the dictator ruling figure of Hyrule. :chuckle:

Drake3

Smash Ace
So true, so true.

Kips

Smash Ace
Personally I think she looks pretty darn fine. Mmm. Got nothing on Zero Suit Samus to me though. Still, in all seriousness, Zelda is one ballbuster. She was an ice queen while Peach was a melting puddle on the ground. I was just waiting for her to pull out a katana, put an eyepatch on and Kill Bill music to start playing. Then she would come out of the smoke with Petey Piranha's head and attack Wario. SSE would end five minutes in with Zeldas absolute dominion of the world. Wonderful.

ChristoCracker

Smash Rookie
Zelda looks better in BrawL. Plus, look at all her choices of costumes, she has a witch outfit, her melee- color scheme, and that costume in the "Team Healer" item update. Plus, her boots might make her faster. OMFG BrawL's in JP in 2 weeks! i have to spoil it, i HAVE to! lmao

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Definitely better in Brawl dudes, hands down. I'd just wished they brought the white/lilac dress from Melee into Brawl, but I guess we can't have everything right?

So yeah. Dark colored hair women are sexy and frankly, Nintendo needs it with all their blonde heroines/princesses. Two blondes (Zero Suit Samus and Peach) don't make a right. So yeah. Glad to see Zelda and Sheik with darker shades in their hair. If you people don't like it, there IS a blonde Zelda too and likely a blonde Sheik also. (There's also Peach with auburn brunette hair too - had to mention her since she's a great support to my presentation.) I wonder how Sheik will look when Gothic witch Zelda transforms into her. There you go. Sheik's models are different due to how Zelda's looks are.

A Sheik with blonde, another model with brunette, maybe one with white too. I'm hoping that Sheik will have reddish brown hair due to Zelda's scarlet dress attire. If you look close at Zelda in that red dress, her hair has some flows of reddish streaks. So you can say, we do have a girl in SSB that is a crazy red head lol.

That blue color scheme yet to be shown...I'm hoping Sheik will have raven black hair just for the fun of it. Maybe Zelda's blue scheme makes her hair darker too. It would be awesome and make Zelda definitely a fun choice at parties. I like to see black haired Zelda because it would make her look really Asian actually.

*If no one remembers, they did show us Brawl Zelda's green color scheme, and this dress was definitely the upgraded version from the dress in Melee. Even though the screenshot is small, its really a beautiful shade of emerald and not dark green like the one from Melee. Brawl Zelda has the best dress schemes ever.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone noticed that Zelda has more curves in Brawl than in Melee? I mean, look at her hips on the Melee picture - teeny tiny.

Zelda's got curvier :D

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Definitely better in Brawl dudes, hands down. I'd just wished they brought the white/lilac dress from Melee into Brawl, but I guess we can't have everything right?

So yeah. Dark colored hair women are sexy and frankly, Nintendo needs it with all their blonde heroines/princesses. Two blondes (Zero Suit Samus and Peach) don't make a right. So yeah. Glad to see Zelda and Sheik with darker shades in their hair. If you people don't like it, there IS a blonde Zelda too and likely a blonde Sheik also. (There's also Peach with auburn brunette hair too - had to mention her since she's a great support to my presentation.) I wonder how Sheik will look when Gothic witch Zelda transforms into her. There you go. Sheik's models are different due to how Zelda's looks are.

A Sheik with blonde, another model with brunette, maybe one with white too. I'm hoping that Sheik will have reddish brown hair due to Zelda's scarlet dress attire. If you look close at Zelda in that red dress, her hair has some flows of reddish streaks. So you can say, we do have a girl in SSB that is a crazy red head lol.

That blue color scheme yet to be shown...I'm hoping Sheik will have raven black hair just for the fun of it. Maybe Zelda's blue scheme makes her hair darker too. It would be awesome and make Zelda definitely a fun choice at parties. I like to see black haired Zelda because it would make her look really Asian actually.

*If no one remembers, they did show us Brawl Zelda's green color scheme, and this dress was definitely the upgraded version from the dress in Melee. Even though the screenshot is small, its really a beautiful shade of emerald and not dark green like the one from Melee. Brawl Zelda has the best dress schemes ever.
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, WHOA!
Back the truck up please my dear.
Where in heck are you getting all of this Sheik information from?

Sheik is NOT confirmed to be in Brawl. Don't act like you know she is.

scotchtape622

Smash Cadet
I think she looks a lot cooler in Brawl, and Zelda used to be my main in Melee, now possibly in Brawl...

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Definitely better in Brawl. No offense to Zelda (the character) fans, but I thought she was kind of ugly in Melee. She didn't look human. Okay, I get that she's Hylian, but in Brawl she looks absolutely stunning. Her hair, her face, her breasts, her dress, her hips; everything about her looks great.

Peach is still my girl though, and she always will be. For Peach, there's a debate that I can see, but for Zelda, her Brawl incarnation just looks better in every way, no contest there

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Brawl Zelda looks a lot better to me.

I like the design of her dress and everything better.

-Onyx

Kips

Smash Ace
Zelda is hot. It's like Sakurai tried to sell the game based on the sex appeal of Peach, Zelda, Zamus... Nana? Who knows what devious marketing strategies he uses.

Note to Self: Viki addition would put sex appeal over the top.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
He seriously won me over.
I don't think I would get the game if it weren't for Zelda.
I mean theres Pit...but still.
Zelda = Reason I'm buying the game.

aeronez

Smash Rookie
I like the Brawl version of Zelda a lot more than her Melee version. Her dress it a lot better, plus I like her as a brunette more.

aeronez

Smash Rookie
Wait, isn't the only different between that model and the Brawl model is that she doesn't have the sword, and maybe a lighter skin.

Iris

Smash Ace
The face and body structures differ in Brawl. In TP, her head is rounder, her default expression is less, uh, menacing, and her chest and hips are far more narrow.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
I FIGURED IT OUT!! i know why i like TP zelda more, its because of her hair, zelda in brawls hair looks like a lump a wad or something like that and TP her hair is more straight, i know (shut up you guys) but it makes a biig diference in her apperance believe me.

because i kept on staring at the two pictures and was like oh tp zelda is more um' well designed and looke dand they have exactly the same stuff down to the stiches (colors don't matter).

but i just seen her really fight up close in that new video, and now i think they are both even with me, i can't choose Tp over Brawl, just even.

as for melee....hard to say. they just would need better grahpics on melee to choose that one.

but the main thing that differs them is the hair.

Luthien

Smash Ace
...her default expression is less, uh, menacing...
I laughed. Loud.

It's so true. In TP, Zelda looked kind, wise, and reassuring. In Brawl, she looks like she knows she isn't going to get an update for a while... understandable aggression, of course. But still, Zelda is supposed to be a character who's a know-it-all, but her kindness outshines that so she doesn't seem pompous (in fact, humble). I don't know how to describe Brawl Zelda. More of a "Get out of my way" expression, I think.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I FIGURED IT OUT!! i know why i like TP zelda more, its because of her hair, zelda in brawls hair looks like a lump a wad or something like that and TP her hair is more straight, i know (shut up you guys) but it makes a biig diference in her apperance believe me.

Yeah, everytime I see her in TP it makes me think she's Egyptian. Just the way her hair frames her head gives her the appearance of wearing that...hat thing.

@ Luthien: Pensive? Confident?

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice

because i kept on staring at the two pictures and was like oh tp zelda is more um' well designed and looke dand they have exactly the same stuff down to the stiches (colors don't matter).

but i just seen her really fight up close in that new video, and now i think they are both even with me, i can't choose Tp over Brawl, just even.

as for melee....hard to say. they just would need better grahpics on melee to choose that one.

Has anyone noticed the blonde highligts in the TP model?

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
ugh make sure you don't take graphics into account the topic is on design, comparing an updated melee zelda to brawl zelda. OBVIOUSLY graphic wise brawl zelda looks better, but that like comparing melee zelda to N64 OoT zelda. Only compare designs.

Most ppl chose brawl zelda due to the irrelevent argument of graphics or that they genuinly liked her better in brawl. Honestly if you liked how zelda was in melee at all you woudn't like the way she is in brawl.

In brawl she looks menacing and aggressive while in melee (and all Zelda games too as a matter of fact) she is passive and wise. Though she doesn't look all that menacing in the commercial so im on kindof even ground between the two, but my opinion is she would probably look better in an updraded melee look (with her hair not braided into a psuedoponytail) than the brawl look.

kobefox2485

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alfredo24pr
well she definitely looks better on brawl because of the cool graphics, but the melee version is like more colorful.

Top Bottom