• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think Zelda looks better in Melee or Brawl?

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: ugh make sure you don't take graphics into account, the topic is on design, comparing an updated melee zelda to brawl zelda. OBVIOUSLY graphic wise brawl zelda looks better, but that like comparing melee zelda to N64 OoT zelda. Only compare designs.

Most ppl chose brawl zelda due to the irrelevent argument of graphics but several did so because they genuinly liked her better in brawl. Honestly if you liked how zelda was in melee at all you woudn't like the way she is in brawl.

In brawl she looks menacing and aggressive while in melee (and all Zelda games too as a matter of fact) she is passive and wise. Though she doesn't look all that menacing in the commercial so im on kindof even ground between the two, but my opinion is she would probably look better in an updraded melee look (with her hair not braided into a psuedoponytail) than the brawl look.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was inspired by the similar Peach thread to make this one about a more important character (JOKE peach loves dont flame me!!!). This is not about hair color since Brawl Zelda has blonde as one of her options...

I think Zelda looks prettier in Melee and like her dress design there too (of course it was more detailed in Brawl. They both are really close and hard 2 judge but I think Zelda looks angrier in Brawl than in melee (though the artist making TP zelda said he was making her look "pensive")

EDIT: found an awsome comparision pic

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I prefer Brawl Zelda, for various reasons.
1) I prefer Brunette. It creates a contrast between her and Link
2) The melee outfit strikes me as the cliche fairytale princess. The Brawl dress is more subdued and less cliche.
3) The Brawl dress compliments her body better.
4) Zelda in Brawl looks like she's actually ready to kick ***.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Melee- Doubtful
Brawl- Confident

Brawl is better but I wish her crown wasn't part of her hair. Don't be lazy, Sora.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Her hair in Brawl with the rope thingy going on is a little weird to me, but here shoulder armour just looks so kickass

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Brawls Zelda OWNS Melee's Zelda. I like brunets more than blonds.
there should be more topics like this XD.

Iris

Smash Ace
Brunette is good and I prefer a confident Zelda over a solemn one any day. Besides, like some one else said, she doesn't looks like a typical fairy-tale princess in Brawl, which is good. Now she looks more mature and regal.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
The first time I saw Brawl Zelda, I didn't like it. But some days later I realized that she actually looks better in Brawl. She looks special, realistic, and not as cartoonish like in Melee. Though, I would prefer loose hair instead of the braid she has in Brawl. But it doesn't matter. ^^

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
I definitly like Brawl Zelda more I think darker hair suits her more. The dress is way more detailed along with her awesome shoulder armor. Plus now she looks like she's ready to fight and looks confident doing so. I mean she doesn't close her eyes when doing din's fire anymore so that tells you she's ready to kick someones ***. In melee she was to sweet and innocent looking.

Dark Meta-Knight

Smash Apprentice
Well, I think everyone like Brawl Zelda better. Including me.

As for other character new designs, Link owns, Fox owns, Pikachu, Kirby, and Yoshi don't look any different.

SeventhSage

Smash Apprentice
Zelda in BRAWL FTW!

1. She has more beautiful facial features.
2. Brown hair fits her best. I prefer brunettes.
3. Her dress and hairstyle are more impressive.
4. I like her brown boots more than her high heel shoes.
5. She looks more strong, more powerful.

Zelda Master

Smash Journeyman
I like her in Brawl, because I love how she's a Brunette now! :3

She also looks prettier. Her eyes changed a lot. Very nice.

Iris

Smash Ace
Only dislike I have for Brawl Zelda is her hands. They look messed up in like, every screenshot.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
She looks great in Brawl, but I still like her in Melee. Not better, but her upgrade hasn't made Melee Zelda worse for me.

Subeinu

Smash Rookie
I like Brawl Zelda more.
Her facial expression says it all oO She look more independant.

Melee Zelda: "Come save me, i'm scared"
Brawl Zelda: "You want a piece of me ?"

It's the best explanation i could give atm xD!

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I totally forgot. I do hate one thing with Brawl Zelda. Her boots! I think they are really ugly :( I wish she had high heels instead. I mean, who wears a dress with boots? None. :p

Drake3

Smash Ace
Oh, I totally forgot. I do hate one thing with Brawl Zelda. Her boots! I think they are really ugly :( I wish she had high heels instead. I mean, who wears a dress with boots? None. :p
I laugh so hard everytime I see her boots. But I guess they're more TPish than a pair of florescent pink heels.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
I laugh so hard everytime I see her boots. But I guess they're more TPish than a pair of florescent pink heels.
Any kind of shoe would look better than the ones she's using now. . They are yucky :p
I wish she had white heels. Would look awesome with her original costume.

Iris

Smash Ace
I agree about the boots. The color just doesn't match and work boots look hideous with dresses. Hopefully they aren't as plain and boot-like as we think.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I prefer the boots. They're more practical.

I always thought the idea of Zelda running around the stage in high heels was ridiculous.
Then again, Smash has introduced more ridiculous ideas before xP

CatFreeeek

Smash Cadet
Zelda looks awesome in Brawl & less girly & more women lol unlike Peach who still is a bit of a bimbo lol tho she looks awesome aswell :) But I agree wiv most of u, her boots/working class folk shoes r fugly! lol & She looks better wiv brown hair than slightly ginger blonde hair like in Melee.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Melee Zelda was too pink. I dunno, from far away (aka how you see her when you play) she looks generic and her dress looks bland...

I love her design in Brawl. The "old" Zelda recolor truly shows that it wasnt really the color that was the problem but the design...

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Oh my goodness! I totally love her boots! I really prefer them over those yucky *** heels she had in Melee.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Well, technology aside (Brawl Zelda wins that contest hands down), I have to say her Brawl redesign has won me over. I like it more than her Melee version.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
I don't think her boots are that bad. Ok I take that back at first I always wondered who dressed her cause they didn't match her outfit. Now I'm use to it and prefer it over her colorful heels those were awful at least they matched though.

Iris

Smash Ace
Unlike a certain scandalous princess, Zelda's not too good at runnings in heels. Whatever, as long as that practicality isn't purely aesthetic, I don't mind.

Aamon

Smash Cadet
I didn't like her Brawl redesign at first, but it's grown on me.
She's so pretty. :)

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
In melee her hair was curtain-like. In the wind it flapped as one solid entity. O_O Hope they change that... and, I guess I like Brawl Zelda.. wish she looked less pissed though.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
What's boots are you talking about? Her dress is in the way. You can't even see them.
Under her dress of course. She's wearing brown boots. You can see them when she does her magic-taunt thingy with Link in one of the trailers.

I guess I will have to hide them under the dress when I play with Zelda, or else I'll puke :p
Nah, they aren't that bad. I just prefer heels.

I just hope they match with the other dresses, unlike her first one.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
There isnt anything that makes her look attrocious at all and based on all the opinions of women in my life you cant really run in heels so maybe this points to her getting a speed upgrade and becoming faster after all.

Drake3

Smash Ace
In melee her hair was curtain-like. In the wind it flapped as one solid entity. O_O Hope they change that... and, I guess I like Brawl Zelda.. wish she looked less pissed though.
Yeaaaah. It was like a giant blob attached to her head. I'll bet you that it's going to be the same way in Brawl too. I see no other reason for them to tie it in that ugly braid.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
There isnt anything that makes her look attrocious at all and based on all the opinions of women in my life you cant really run in heels so maybe this points to her getting a speed upgrade and becoming faster after all.
Zelda should take running lessons from Peach then.;)

Top Bottom