• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think we will ever see Falcon pull out of bottom?<

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Psh you wish falcon will be high or mid tier wait and give him sometime, Us Falcons will reunite and we will conquer all. Also the woman of a man, SNAKE

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Falcon's just waiting for someone to figure out how to SHDFP (Short-Hop-Double-Falcon-Punch).

Roager

Smash Ace
Seriously speaking, we'd have to find something extremely helpful to his metagame. The alternative, if Brawl is re-released in stores with a patch that increases his hitstun and priority.
lol. Falcon patch.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
You know how cool that would be if they actually did patch the game, and even out all the characters. PLUS Hitstun again? This would be a good game. Really good game giving everyone a equal chance. The game is broken by metaknight. Snakes jabs yet alone can kill someone thats got to tell you something.

RayOxide

Smash Cadet
Practicing knees and Jumpstart backwards falcon punches.

Can start sweetspotting the knees if i dont get outprioritised now, and the JS BFP's (made it up lolol) arent too hard, ko'ed peach 3x with it in 1 game, and almost got mario.

Peach shielded 2 times and koed 3, out prioritised once,
Marios shielding too much

If I can get wi fi, maybe i could show some people how good falcon is if you catch opponents offguard.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Its called the MANLY tier, not the bottom tier :p.

If someone can get an easy way to sweetspot the Knee, then I can see him going higher.
That recent thread about the Falcon Kick right off the edge of the stage with no lag. Combos into Knee ^_^ good luck with that.

What can I say? Maybe in terms of "character potential" then no, he might stay near the bottom of the tier list.

But since the tier list is (I think) also partly based on tournament results...you guys need to stop wimping out and start representing Falcon in tourneys, and winning.

-Kirby main that actually plays Falcon just as much

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
I think we just have the wrong people playing as falcon. Seph is a great falcon and it looks like he wins quite often. Personally we just need people to get smart with their play style instead of hoping for knees and other ******** moves.

Also, play melee so you can learn how to play w/ falcon before you jump into his brawl character. Melee will never Die

That'll bump him up a tier or 2. You're welcome.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Playing Melee Falcon to learn Brawl Falcon is a horrible idea.

That's why people sucked at Brawl Falcon so much in the first few months.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz

^
This

and also, falcon will probably stay bottom unfortunatly, but that doesn't stop people from beeing good with him

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

Agreed. Probably the reason I'm decent with Falcon is because I picked him up a few months ago, and I did not play him in Melee.

I've also mostly worked on him on my own, building up my own style, then watching vids to add to it. That's how I learned about stuff like fthrow chases into more fthrows (thanks Champ) though it doesn't work if they're expecting it. And learning about how the reversed Raptor Boost makes him go faster and farther was useful :D

So like, uptilt->dair->edgehog is so satisfying guys.

Amide

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon won't get any higher, if you think differently you're just kidding your selves. Still, Captain is most manly in game. And wouldn't you all rather main the worst character than the second worst?

N@$H

Smash Rookie
Falcon will never be a character that people pick up to win counterpicks, which drags up characters like DK and Lucario out of potentially lower tiers (Metaknight...curses). He's too hard to just pick up for him to get large tournament rep as well. Although I think that good Falcons will arise as the tiers stagnate and people try to experiment more. This probably will never result in him escaping bottom half, but I don't think it will be as bad as it is presently.

Brownpack

Smash Cadet
Its called the MANLY tier, not the bottom tier :p.

If someone can get an easy way to sweetspot the Knee, then I can see him going higher.
For me, whenever i use the knee, i usually ff the knee after its pulled out. helps a bit imo.

Top Bottom