• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you stop fighting to save Nana?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Personally, I always stop fighting to save Nana when I can unless it will get me killed too. Luckily, she's easy to save, as shown in this short video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqkyizLhlvk#GU5U2spHI_4 So I don't normally have to go that far out of my way to save her. Now, while I can play solo well, two Ice Climbers are obviously better than one, so it's nice to be able to save her because she comes in handy when you need saving a lot.

Do you stop your fighting to save her though?

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Nana goes outta her way to save me. Why wouldn't I do the same? ^_^
LOL, i would have to agree... But if shes too far off stage, i usually just let her die... Not worth it, since a solo climbers recovery is horrible.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
yeah interesting saves. Everyone I play knows to kill of Nana, watching this video has thought me that I have more options than I thought. Interesting...

It's def. worth saving Nana.

Straylit

Smash Cadet
The majority of the time i work religiously to save her but any half skilled player knows to kill off Nana first. So its kindof difficult to keep you both alive and sometimes its literally a choice whether to save her or yourself. But she does work as a perfect decoy for an easy kill when your opponent is hell bent on her dying and follows her offstage and whatnot.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'll agree with the majority here and say I usually try to save her. Obviously, there are situations where it's impossible or where it's less profitable. Going out of your way's really best only if you make sure you're out of your opponent's way as well. Otherwise, it becomes a bit of a gamble.

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
Depends on the situation.
If it's a small stage and easy to recover w/out Up+B, I trust she'll be O.K
If it's huge, and she gets knocked farrrrrr, I have to save her.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Nana iz a beast. She blocks on her way down while recovering which actually led 2 some low % chaingrabs b4. I allways save my Nana. Shes my.. my everything.. Tho shes pretty blonde sometimes..

Gichan

Smash Champion
LOLOLOL@LaserBust. "she's my everything"

Man, I tried to do what you did in the vid though it is extremely diffcult to pull off, it requires such specfic timing that I find I'd rather dive off the stage to get her instead.

What would you say is the best moment to do what you did?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
LOLOLOL@LaserBust. "she's my everything"

Man, I tried to do what you did in the vid though it is extremely diffcult to pull off, it requires such specfic timing that I find I'd rather dive off the stage to get her instead.

What would you say is the best moment to do what you did?
Saving her out of the spike, I just waited until she wasn't being hit and she wasn't doing anything, so it was while she was falling and nothing else, then I used Up B which saved her. In the 2nd one, I just waited until she came to me, then used over B to the edge, then Up B before she was about to.

I just wait until she's doing nothing, since that's the only time you can save her, and it's important to make sure you're not in a position where she'll try to do Up B when you do at the same time.

I didn't really expect either of those saves though xD, they just kind of happened, ever since though, I've trusted the Up B range more and have saved her more often than most people think you can.

l3rian

Smash Cadet
its so funny wen my friends nana does sumthing rediculous against me without him meaning to. this usually ends in a body slam on him off the couch

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Im not usually very hellbent on saving her, shes actually quite good at making it back from far away, as long as she goes up high, and she ice blocks on the way back , which is nice =] But if its obvious she wont make it back, ill go get her

Gichan

Smash Champion
I can do the squall recovery since it was like that in melee though that second amazing ****ing save is what I want. Though I see that it is not completely 100% sure or dependable.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
Without Nana that means no CG's, desynchs, less damage on all attacks, and weaker recovery. So I try to save her everytime, as long as it doesn't mean I kill myself in the process. And nice saves in the vid.

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I seem to do better without Nana, but then my grabs aren't so good, same with my combos and attack power/recovery. Yeah if she's on the other side of the stage falling down, I still fight, knowing I'd get damaged trying to save Nana/Popo. (Popo if you choose White, Black or Red Ice Climbers).

Metal

Smash Cadet
Cinci, OH (And my social security # is...)
Anyone else feel Nana lost some AI? When she was, like, a foot away fom Popo in Melee, she'd go berserk and utterly pwn. Now she seems to mimic every move Popo makes. She's still productively autonomous, but sometimes I just want to cry when she A combos the air...

Death Hunter52

Smash Cadet
use her being ledge guarded as a chance to attack and put pressure. usually spamming ice block with Nana's spamming ice block confuses most players to allowing Nana to live. but an up smash is almost more important then saving nana depending on percents, although i usually feel like dieing when im not with nana. i feel there is not much point to playing wihtout her but to rack up %. even then i feel as though my better half (ppl say she my better half...tear) is dead so there is no reason to live XD

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Unless she's getting gimped early on in a stock I won't bother unless I have a clear shot at it. She usually manages to survive from most hits anyway. The tether property of up-B makes saving her a lot safer than in Melee though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don't save her alot, I have a pretty good Popo aerial game so it pans out. But I promise you that my Nana is the most blonde. She SDs sometimes...by herself.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
I don't save her alot, I have a pretty good Popo aerial game so it pans out. But I promise you that my Nana is the most blonde. She SDs sometimes...by herself.
Yeh, Im actually quite confident in my Solo Popo. I mean, I still save Nana here and there but If Im Aaaaaaaaalll the way across the stage and I have 2 get through a boozer or something, Ill leave her be. Or, Ill distract the edgeguarder with Blizzards or IBs.
Lol, betta she die then me :p

Blue_Pit

Smash Cadet
Two heads are better than one I always save Nana and manage to save both of us and it's weird that both of them can go on the ledge but two separate characters can't

wavelucas

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I always stop fighting to save Nana when I can unless it will get me killed too. Luckily, she's easy to save, as shown in this short video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqkyizLhlvk#GU5U2spHI_4 So I don't normally have to go that far out of my way to save her. Now, while I can play solo well, two Ice Climbers are obviously better than one, so it's nice to be able to save her because she comes in handy when you need saving a lot.

Do you stop your fighting to save her though?
Although Popo is powerful by himself, Nana is very worth rescuing. Without her, Popo has no meteor smash (other than his footstool jump) and his squall hammer and belay barely get any vertical distance.

Top Bottom