• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you eat level 9 cpus for breakfast?

phantom berzerker

Smash Rookie
OK, I am new to these forums, but to brawl, I slaughter level 9 cpus in my sleep. this thread is pretty much going to be a large conversation about extremely tough situations in brawl.

NNID
Budget_Player
Virtually every good player destroys the AI at every level, to the extent where the best training against them is to put them at level 7 and just try to not get hit at all to work on your spacing. There are, however, several parts of the SSE that make me cringe (especially the parts with multiple scythe-guys... ugh).

Administrador

Smash Rookie
I love a challenge because it gets your skill up i till havent beat level 9 cpu's but i have certainlky tried sof ar i gotten up to level 7 CPU'

PZ

Smash Lord
I use them as my practice buddies for they are very much fun to play with and occasionally combo or have that surpise spike.
For example Samus cpu shot me out of my side b as yoshi n jab locked me toward the end of delfino then hit the grab button too soon and messed when it could've ended the match right there.
Another example would be a mk cpu doing uair<nair(sweetspot)<uair<fair(3rd hit did not connect)<footstool<down b toward me<dtilt lock 2 or 3 times<ftilt all hits

They will always suprise here and there but brawl's cpus were way better then melee.
A cpu lv 1 in melee would be like" ok imma walk toward u and stay on u until I choose one of the moves to use that ill more likely use on higher levels"(usually jab<.<)
A cpu lv 1 in brawl would be like "I have no judgement over my actions ill wait for u or sit here for no complete reason and if i do get in to combat with you I will use w/e I fill like"

UberMario

Smash Master
While the AI are definitely better than 64's or Melee's, they still will screw up your personal metagame if you play with them too often. To answer the OP, yes. 1-vs-2/1-vs-3 level 9 battles are pretty much cakewalks depending on the character that I'm using.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Lvl 9 cpus don't satisfy your hunger. They only annoy the **** outta you and theres no satisfaction at all at beating them period.

phantom berzerker

Smash Rookie
the toughest situation

Lvl 9 cpus don't satisfy your hunger. They only annoy the **** outta you and theres no satisfaction at all at beating them period.
I can agree with that, one time, I am watching a 20 minute battle between 4 toon links lvl. 9. And all three of the dragoon parts are RIGHT THERE, and none of them even get two parts until the last 5 minutes of the brawl. Although, I have to say that the one situation that has me quaking on my wii remote is going up against Master Hand, and Crazy Hand on intense mode, as jigglypuff.:eek:

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Dyclone is being modest. He can falcon pawnch any computer with Link.

Thats not Captain Falcon!

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
I haven't gotten around to fighting a trio of Level 9s, but my friends and I set up a joke free-for-all at my school's Video Game Club against a Level 9 Lucario.

Of course we lost, simply because no one focused on the Level 9 itself. XD

But I'm pretty sure I can take out 3 Level 9s. It's just that beating real people is funner.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Virtually every good player destroys the AI at every level, to the extent where the best training against them is to put them at level 7 and just try to not get hit at all to work on your spacing.
Exactly. That's what I do with CPUs. Practice my spacing with Meta Knight. Practicing your Spacing with CPUs is a really good "training mode" in my opinion (when you don't have players to play offline and you don't want to play On-Line). For those of you that do not know this, but, we actually have a really good example of CPU practice in action: Mew2King. His training mode is with CPUs.

phantom berzerker

Smash Rookie
The thing is, no CPU is actually preparing you for the subspace emissary, real brawls, or event matches. They are just SSE versions of themselves with more smash resistance. If u can see this, u get a huge pile of kirbys!

Napos

Smash Ace
I almost beat a level 9 yesterday. As soon as I master sonic and beat 3 level 9's i'll start on the allisbrawl ladder
Exactly, beating three CPUs level 9 all against you, I have yet to see a vid on that.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
For the record, fighting 3 lvl 9 cpus wont give you much results. They're just too damn unhuman and unpredictable. Lvl 7 cpus provide better results.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
I still find it enjoyable to fight them, if not altogether challenging. It would be nice if they switched up their recovery options a bit.
Seriously, fighting coms is only good for practicing tech skills.
They are no real challenge....sigh.

I wish they had like a level 15 com or just one from cruel brawl.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Of course I do! Once you learn the basics, it'll be easy!

I try to test my luck though, I've played on a mirror version of it before. My tag is usually Alert but it looked like Trela!

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I don't think playing lvl 9 cpu's is good practice. They don't chain grab, DI, combo, use the right moves for their character, and they don't play anything like humans.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Virtually every good player destroys the AI at every level, to the extent where the best training against them is to put them at level 7 and just try to not get hit at all to work on your spacing. There are, however, several parts of the SSE that make me cringe (especially the parts with multiple scythe-guys... ugh).
Yeah. Usually I practice on level 8 but I'm thinking 7 could be better. The SSE also has parts where I get annoyed too but there's no point doing it on a higher difficulty. No challenge says you have to so why bother.

The more I play them, the worse I do against actual people...
T H I S.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
My MK can **** any cpus thrown at it. They just miss too many spotdodges, and they're doomed if they get over the edge.

Top Bottom