• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you consider yourself good?

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
On a scale of 1 to 10(being really strict), I'm probably at a 4.5 right now. I'm not at the mid player level(especially in Melee), and I feel that 6 is near high-level, but I'm average in a lot of areas, and I auto-pilot ALL the time--I don't have a good thought process @ all. I don't really understand myself as a player or this game much. Since I've played this game for so long, I don't really have things down consiously, but subconsiously--which is not good because you can never reach it >_<

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I find that people who say they are 'bad' when they actually do quite well are trying to portray a false humility that is obvious to anyone slightly intelligent. I think it makes them feel more content in their losses because they are 'pre-johning', so to speak.

Normal people who are aware of their surroundings and the talents of others would be able to correctly gauge their strength. All you have to do is realistically go over who you are able to beat in a tournament setting, and who you regularly lose to in a tournament setting. If you beat many respected people and choose to call yourself something less than good, it means you have no self esteem and/or are preparing your fragile self esteem for a future loss. If you lose to everyone and deem yourself as something better than you are, you have effectively shown everyone you have an inflated ego that mostly everyone can see for what it is.

In closing, you are as good as HOW YOU PERFORM. How good you think or say you are is probably biased by your own insecurities OR inflated self-worth.

Meanwhile, Banks dodges the question. Insecure noob.

I think I'm decent, but considering how long I've been at my current skill level I consider myself bad for not progressing as well as I wish I could. Being that I have consistently lost to the same top level of players in my region while slowly making those players consider me a threat.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
generally when i enter a tournament, the number next to my name in the results thread is somewhere around 25% of the amount of people in the tournament, regardless of the size

so, i'm better than 3/4 of people entering tournaments and worse than 1/4, on average

i've maintained this average pretty consistently for about 3-4 years now, so despite the fact that statistically, im not bad per se, im quite disappointed with the stagnation

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
IMO, KDJ was the most impressive player I've ever witnessed. The way he approached the game was very unique and he was full of creativity. He also played like a shark
KDJ is also one of my favs. I feel like I came in at a very pertinent time in melee and I must say that the prime of KDJ and Azen were the most unique chapters. While the likes of Ken and PC Chris were amazing, they were more or less predictable and/or conceivable. I've always felt that it was more impressive when you couldnt figure out someones game from a third person perspective. With PC/Ken etc etc we knew what we were getting, but the former(s)....I dun think anyone expected.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Honestly, I consider my mindgames to be pure luck, my tech skill to be above average, and my general capacity to win at noob level.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
At tournaments im bad
in frienldies...im also bad
I generally play a lot better in friendlies than tournaments.

Honestly, I consider my mindgames to be pure luck, my tech skill to be above average, and my general capacity to win at noob level.
My mindgames depends on the matchup difficulty and the player I'm up against. I could mindgame easy players all night long. But decent/top level players.... not so much.

My tech skill with my main character (Doc): above average.
My tech skill with my secondary (Ganon): at least average.
My tech skill with my third (Falco): average at best.

My general capacity to win: mediocre.

Top Bottom