• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do anyof you still use GW when faced against Marth

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Its kind of funny how chef projectiles can stuff DS during its invincibility frames, completely halting any further movement, but bair can't, :/.
Hitting in invincibility is... wrong.
And then you argued it when EL pointed out the silliness, even posting videos.

:<

Neb

Smash Lord
I don't think I argued. I just pressed for answers...
The video was just to show how it can stop DS, stopping invincibility frames was just a theory.

cutter

Smash Champion
The problem is that your opponent isn't just going to sit there and let you perfectly space it, they are going to be moving around. If you bair they they run forward and shield, it doesn't matter how you spaced it unless you were already retreating, you're gonna eat a dolphin slash.
Technically, you can say this about any other approach.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Technically, you can say this about any other approach.
Other characters don't have the same options to punish GW out of shield like marth does.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
And if they do they normally have an advantage on GaW.

I hate Marth. I pickup up Snake for him and other Snakes.

DeDeDe and MK are my only holes. DeDeDe is beatable, and MK is.. MK.

Hylain, if you could have only one of your characters are seconds, who would it be? In terms of usefullness, not of fun.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Marth is really easy to edge Guard with G&W

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I hate this matchup... It sucks the fun out of G&W :(
It's not like it is bad at all, very even matchup assuming you can space; it is just about patience in the end but I don't like to play G&W patiently :p

Same with Snake. Nothing too bad, Snake kills early but with DI and momentum canceling you are fine until you get up to actual normal killing percents. I just don't see why I would put up with the matchup when I can counterpick.

That is why I picked up DDD. Just get Marth of stage and bair... (well at least against an average Marth player)

MyCurse4Life

Smash Ace
Yah, I was playing against my friend, Chuy, who is leet with Marth in melee, and probably the best Marth I have faced in Brawl yet, and the only way I ever beat him, was "planking" or edge camping, and getting him with some lucky toadstool stomps or what ever u guys call it.

Toast

Smash Rookie
Any suggestions on how to win the spacing game with Marth? Whenever I fight one it always seems like a battle between me trying to space my bairs and him trying to space his fairs, and Marth's sword can be really very long. I have trouble approaching a Marth that knows how to keep his distance.

xX-LeaF-Xx

Smash Cadet
Well, I really don't have that much trouble with Marth. I really only have problems with Snake, Diddy and DK. Marth is easy when you keep him above you. Uairs and Nairs work pretty well for me, because marth has next to no options to attack people under him. When he tries to land, you can get him pretty quick with a Dsmash or Fsmash. Just try to be non-predictable with it.

Sachertorte

Smash Cadet
Mm, I still use GaW against Marffa.

I use GaW against everyone really. I only use my subs once I don't feel like playing as GaW for the time being.

Just space, be patient and let Marth come to you.

Top Bottom