• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dmash-Footstool-Dair-Double Dsmash combo :]

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I'm very curious at how the dair seemly gets cancel after the Footstool almost as much as I am of this infinite.

If this could be applied to sheik dair I could finally find a use for it....

Shadow Tactics

Smash Cadet
Seems like what I found out may be better than I thought it was o_O'

Down B after footstool? What are you guys talking about LOL, is that possible? Infinite on ROB? o_o

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I briefly flirted with down b after footstool, but I couldn't get it to work. Are you guys sure?

noradseven

Smash Lord
Rob and Snake, ouch.

If Im correct in the way the move works I slowed it down to 1/4 speed, the head tap launches you at the ground and you can cancel out of the animation with anymove, however d-air auto-cancels, when done too close to the ground thus, the instant cancel.

I suggest literally going though all the moves, I wonder about u-air on shorter characters.

Don't get it to work on MK because if it does work on MK we will have a HUGE INFLUX of people, or the move will get flat out banned, can't have anyone beating MK.

edit: Hmmm turns out it doesnt matter if moves land cancel, only auto-cancel, also how did you guys get it working on snake.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Rob and Snake, ouch.

If Im correct in the way the move works I slowed it down to 1/4 speed, the head tap launches you at the ground and you can cancel out of the animation with anymove, however d-air auto-cancels, when done too close to the ground thus, the instant cancel.

I suggest literally going though all the moves, I wonder about u-air on shorter characters.

Don't get it to work on MK because if it does work on MK we will have a HUGE INFLUX of people, or the move will get flat out banned, can't have anyone beating MK.
haha, I would so jump on that bandwagon if it does work on meta knight.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I'm very curious at how the dair seemly gets cancel after the Footstool almost as much as I am of this infinite.

If this could be applied to sheik dair I could finally find a use for it....
it only works with ZSS because the stun from the blaster is still on them.

Shadow Tactics

Smash Cadet
Hmmm

It seems that the dsmash-footstool-dair doesn't infinite ROB, he can roll away or getup attack it seems, unless ftilt is fast enough to intercept it but I doubt that. It's more of a tech chase move.

Hold on Charby has tested it and it seems that if the dsmash is done fast enough they cant move =O hopefully he is right

sasook

Smash Champion
I'm not getting results with downb either.

And these color changing names are bugging me.

Jski

Smash Apprentice
For the life of me i cant get this to work my hands must be too slow. I am doing down smash to footstool to down air and for the most part the best i can pull off is tripping ROB into a full down air making ROB fly into the air with zss having her normal laggly landing from down air what am i doing wrong?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
For the life of me i cant get this to work my hands must be too slow. I am doing down smash to footstool to down air and for the most part the best i can pull off is tripping ROB into a full down air making ROB fly into the air with zss having her normal laggly landing from down air what am i doing wrong?
You have to buffer everything.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I can pull it off on normal speed, but when I go 1/4 speed to see what is happening for some reason I can NEVER pull it off.
and I can do a f-tilt to initiate the lock but I can't seem to go fast enough to pivot d-smash before he gets up.

And did that whole down-b-is-interchangable thing get confirmed/busted?

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
And did that whole down-b-is-interchangable thing get confirmed/busted?
confirmed, but only on ROB.

You can groundlock people with D-Air, cannot interchange Down-B when you are just trying for that.

I tested the infinite on ROB, it works. It's pretty **** hard though.

Down-B is actually better when doing the ROB infinite because you can pivot the down-b itself and it will make you face ROB, preparing you for a faster D-Smash.

sasook

Smash Champion
Um... buffer? i here that before but i do not get what it means.
It means inputting a command or attack in the last few frames of the previous move. So if you have 2 moves, input the second while the first is almost over but not quite finished.

It makes everything come out much faster.

Shadow Tactics

Smash Cadet
Easier way to do ROB infinite?

Since ROB can roll away after the footstool unless the dsmash is timed perfecly, would it be possible to use dash attack instead of dsmash (it comes out faster) to lock ROB on the floor, then follow up with an ftilt? It would force ROB to 100% stand up which would mean you could repeat this process, wouldn't it? I'm not at home atm so I can't test it out =/.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Premium
until, like, 40%, so it's not all that good.
Freaking falco always a step ahead of fox.

Although i've never seen the infinite on fox either. Last time i did a freindly with Snakeee he attempted it once but apparently it was too late in the stock so i pop'd out.

Has it really been done in high levels of play where the space animals know what to watch out for?

Oh and excuse me for the off topic.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
It's not an infinite, it can just be done on Fox up to a really high percentage. Ikki used it a long time ago in a match, and it's well known enough now.

Snakeee

Smash Master

Although i've never seen the infinite on fox either. Last time i did a freindly with Snakeee he attempted it once but apparently it was too late in the stock so i pop'd out.

Has it really been done in high levels of play where the space animals know what to watch out for?

That one's not that hard to do at all, the thing is a good Fox player that knows the match up well will almost never get hit by it. It's possible for Fox to approach ZSS in a way that's completely safe against ZSS. I can't pull it off against Rookie at all really, so I use Sheik against Fox now instead :p

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

Basically, if you DJ out of dtilt, you're golden. It doesn't happen at the highest levels, because a good Fox knows how to avoid it.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Basically, if you DJ out of dtilt, you're golden. It doesn't happen at the highest levels, because a good Fox knows how to avoid it.
But the trouble is, most people never play the highest levels of DJs.
Honestly, who here can hang with Duranduranduran or OCDJ? Honestly, how many people on this site even now how to properly work a step sequencer or how to beat juggle or produce the key, Rock It scratch?

I mean, I'm sure you could low pass your way out of the dtilt, but the skill just isn't there in the community of Smash.

noradseven

Smash Lord
DJ??? dash jump.

That one's not that hard to do at all, the thing is a good Fox player that knows the match up well will almost never get hit by it. It's possible for Fox to approach ZSS in a way that's completely safe against ZSS. I can't pull it off against Rookie at all really, so I use Sheik against Fox now instead :p
Yeah I pretty much said that the second I saw the combo, "well if everyone knows about it its not going to work, d-smash is easy to avoid", despite this I still get mocked for thinking that fox is a slightly bad matchup for ZSS god**** usmash, and not the 8-2/7-3 I hear.

Since ROB can roll away after the footstool unless the dsmash is timed perfectly, would it be possible to use dash attack instead of dsmash (it comes out faster) to lock ROB on the floor, then follow up with an ftilt? It would force ROB to 100% stand up which would mean you could repeat this process, wouldn't it? I'm not at home atm so I can't test it out =/.
The reason why it works is because the stun keeps going on after the footstool, do the footstool earlier and you will have more time.

Bouse

Smash Ace
If you literally just try to input

Jump->Jump->Down on C-stick as fast as you can you should be able to do it.

Then you just need to do Pivot->Dsmash as fast as you can.

Chali

Smash Cadet
The method I use is to just face away from ROB, then hold down and press just press Y twice to jump (you don't have to jump towards him because the footstool's hitbox is pretty big) and right after the second jump slide your thumb to A (like doing Ganon's Dair without lag).

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The method I use is to just face away from ROB, then hold down and press just press Y twice to jump (you don't have to jump towards him because the footstool's hitbox is pretty big) and right after the second jump slide your thumb to A (like doing Ganon's Dair without lag).
This is how I perform this.

Mr.Ious

Smash Cadet
umm....I don't think the innocentroads video you are all talking about is what the OP meant. I doubt he even knows about that tech =o

To do what Shadow Tactics describes, it's really as simple as he says, without any fancy stuff (okay, you have to delay the d-air a little and not do it ASAP, but the window is pretty big):
d-smash -> footstool (the sooner the better) -> d-air into grounded opponent, which forces a get up when they are d-smashed below 10% (I haven't tested it on all characters, so there may be some variation of this figure) -> pivot d-smash -> d-smash -> whatever you want (this leaves you at the perfect distance+damage to follow up with a guaranteed dash attack -> u-tilt, so do that!).

It's really situational but if you land a point blank d-smash on a fresh opponent, you're guaranteed to take them to around 50%.

I've got some replays of this if anyone wants to be nice and upload them for me =)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Just for the sake of completeness, I tested this out in debug mode, and it's quite legit. I have a frame by frame breakdown here:
Code:
Frame-----Event
0    -----Dsmash hitbox out
15   -----Dsmash shadow frames (Samus turns around/jumps)
(16) -----(Samus jumps after turnaround)
19/20-----Samus leaves ground
22/23-----Samus can footstool
31/32-----Footstool ends, Samus lands, ROB hits ground
33/34-----Samus landing animation ends (begin turnaround/dsmash)
(34) -----(dsmash)
53   -----dsmash hitbox comes out
57/58-----Depending on timing of turnaround, this is the frame ROB can begin his get-up

57 - 53 = 4 Advantage with turnaround after footstool
58 - 53 = 5 Advantage with turnaround before footstool

Trivia:
Dsmash stun @ 11%: 50 frames

Top Bottom