• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I think we all have those characters that we'd love to see but are well aware are "yeah... not happening" sorts of picks?
It's a shame. Madotsuki could have a really neat moveset! She'd be the installment's bottom-tier "joke character."

A slow, small, and light character with a poor jump, and even a fast fall-speed, but with some pretty weird but cool moves. Her up special for example would be interesting. Medamaude - It teleports her to the center of the stage (or the closest solid ground to it), no matter where she uses it from. It has really long startup though and she can be easily knocked out of it, but at least drastically slows her falling.

Her neutral special would be playing her flute. She has a small windbox around her while doing this and anyone blown back by said windbox has their controls inverted for a few seconds. It has a lot of lag - both startup and endlag. It does no damage or hitstun, mind you. The tune she plays and thus how long the move lasts varies (the latter only a little bit) as it can be one of many Yume Nikki lietmotifs, chosen randomly.

Her side-special has her ride her bicycle. It's basically Wario's side-B, except the bicycle does not remain as an item.

And her down-special... she gains the cat effect and raises a paw. This has a fairly large suction effect. If you're within Simon-whip range of her when she does this, you'll get drawn into her. She then scratches the opponent twice in rapid succession (doing about 10% or so) before basically down-throwing them with a pounce. This can be a combo starter. It has a lot of startup - enough for her to meow, but almost no endlag.

Her normals are actually very quick compared to her awful mobility, but with a literal kitchen knife, even Meta Knight is laughing when it comes to range. They do an average amount of damage, but in a weird way. Instead of dealing all the damage at once, when Madotsuki hits an opponent with the knife, the amount of damage dealt gets queued and is applied over the course of about a second or so. Essentially, her jab and tilts are diet Eiha with abysmal range.

I'd love to program this someday, does anyone have feedback with regards to how she sounds to fight against? Considering her attributes and specials. Aerials, Smashes, and throws are still being brainstormed. All in all, she's extremely unintuitive by design.
My character would be Zegram Ghart from Rogue Galaxy. I loved that game and Zegram is my favorite video game character ever. Not only does he have a badass design but he is also voiced by Steve Blum, one of my favorite voice actors. I made an entire support thread for him going over a complete moveset, music, stage, and everything. Rather than repeat everything I shared there, I’ll just post a link to my thread in case anyone is interested in seeing it.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think we all have those characters that we'd love to see but are well aware are "yeah... not happening" sorts of picks?
It's a shame. Madotsuki could have a really neat moveset! She'd be the installment's bottom-tier "joke character."

A slow, small, and light character with a poor jump, and even a fast fall-speed, but with some pretty weird but cool moves. Her up special for example would be interesting. Medamaude - It teleports her to the center of the stage (or the closest solid ground to it), no matter where she uses it from. It has really long startup though and she can be easily knocked out of it, but at least drastically slows her falling.

Her neutral special would be playing her flute. She has a small windbox around her while doing this and anyone blown back by said windbox has their controls inverted for a few seconds. It has a lot of lag - both startup and endlag. It does no damage or hitstun, mind you. The tune she plays and thus how long the move lasts varies (the latter only a little bit) as it can be one of many Yume Nikki lietmotifs, chosen randomly.

Her side-special has her ride her bicycle. It's basically Wario's side-B, except the bicycle does not remain as an item.

And her down-special... she gains the cat effect and raises a paw. This has a fairly large suction effect. If you're within Simon-whip range of her when she does this, you'll get drawn into her. She then scratches the opponent twice in rapid succession (doing about 10% or so) before basically down-throwing them with a pounce. This can be a combo starter. It has a lot of startup - enough for her to meow, but almost no endlag.

Her normals are actually very quick compared to her awful mobility, but with a literal kitchen knife, even Meta Knight is laughing when it comes to range. They do an average amount of damage, but in a weird way. Instead of dealing all the damage at once, when Madotsuki hits an opponent with the knife, the amount of damage dealt gets queued and is applied over the course of about a second or so. Essentially, her jab and tilts are diet Eiha with abysmal range.

I'd love to program this someday, does anyone have feedback with regards to how she sounds to fight against? Considering her attributes and specials. Aerials, Smashes, and throws are still being brainstormed. All in all, she's extremely unintuitive by design.

Yep. I'm the big Brian fan on this forum. Not that there's an actual lack of followers, but it's still very small nonetheless, heh.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

This is why i like modding
1634002030301.png

The only obstacle to doing anything is your own time and ability. That means i'm pretty lacking, but the idea is nice.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Yep. I'm the big Brian fan on this forum. Not that there's an actual lack of followers, but it's still very small nonetheless, heh.
I am curious why do you like Quest 64 so much? I find your dedication admirable

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I am curious why do you like Quest 64 so much? I find your dedication admirable
First N64 rpg I played. Got into it well before Final Fantasy II was available to me. I like games where I can customize in general, and I'm used to rpg grinding since Dragon Warrior 1. I also had been interested in a forum javascript game with a similar grinding system(the more you do something, the better it becomes).

That, and I was always interested in unique spell ideas/combinations. Kirby 64 also helped this a bit. So it hit every right button. Coupled with the really damn good monster designs and music and character designs(and each NPC had their own little lore. Nothing amazing, but still neat). So... it basically, despite being rushed and "bare-boned", actually came out as a fun and unique product. If I had started with far later rpg's, it'd be a bit different, but I would max out Dragon Warrior 1's levels and money all the time, so.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
First N64 rpg I played. Got into it well before Final Fantasy II was available to me. I like games where I can customize in general, and I'm used to rpg grinding since Dragon Warrior 1. I also had been interested in a forum javascript game with a similar grinding system(the more you do something, the better it becomes).

That, and I was always interested in unique spell ideas/combinations. Kirby 64 also helped this a bit. So it hit every right button. Coupled with the really damn good monster designs and music and character designs(and each NPC had their own little lore. Nothing amazing, but still neat). So... it basically, despite being rushed and "bare-boned", actually came out as a fun and unique product. If I had started with far later rpg's, it'd be a bit different, but I would max out Dragon Warrior 1's levels and money all the time, so.
Neat I'd never heard of quest 64 hope it comes out on nso so I can try it

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I won't say much about the Geno Thread. Some guys are nice, but too many are rabbid fans.

Had to deal with too many of them just dragging Sora into the floor pre-release to care.

It was even harder as someone who knew about Base game because of a Beta Tester and Hero in advance (way too long in advance) knowing that Geno wasn't in or that the grinch leak was fake.

Also this whole Leak ****storm was a pain as someone who was there internally and saw my friend getting hurt and doxxed twice because of some ****ers just wanting clout or releasing stuff we asked not to. When all that friend wanted was making those two happy by saying what he knew about Smash or Nintendo.

Now that it's over, I guess I can safely say one thing tho lmao. Nintendo was sending fake ass name for every DLC to their employee, which is why jack**** leaked post Steve. Ya, the same fake ass name ****, and MC was one of them alongside MH and Akira from Astral Chain for exemple for Sora.

But who cares, ****'s over, and I'm just happy I stepped back from all this **** and just went to stay and help this friend.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Pic of the Day:

No Roxas echo kills me smh.

Anyway, I love how all of the Dives are reused assets so the only one that really fits is Sora and Ventus who were specifically designed for it. They actually edited out Riku's Castle Oblivion CoM cards in RE:Mind though I suppose that didn't come through to Sakurai and his team in time lol.

This also means that Kairi and Axel get no Dive to the Heart sadly.

Last edited:

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
Pic of the Day:

POTD Part 2.

I really like how these were included. The Dive into Heart sequence from the first game made such an impact on me I still can't help but remember them fondly. Seriously before I ever properly beat them I would repeatedly restart the game just to get back to this part.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This end is far less acrimonious than the past two because they ended on one of the maybe three characters that would go over (mostly) smoothly with the fanbase. It's nice. Less yelling and arguing. Not none, I mean, we are Smash speculators. But less. Which makes the end go softly into that good night.

Sora, Chief, Crash. Anyone else and you'd need to put the shields up.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I feel kind of bad for anyone that may have wanted Cinderace but at the same time I am so grateful.
I have none.
That ************ is ruining Unite by himself with how busted he is, got buffed, and in the anime is the main partner of the most Mary Sue of all protagonist ever created.

(This post is half sarcasms, still, **** you Cinderace in Unite.)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Okay but how would things be now if we the order of characters was different?

Like what if we got Sora earlier and one of the first parties last?

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace

This post summarize the result a japanese poll was made before they reveal CP5 (Byleth). It had +650 votes. This is top 20:

#25. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII). 15 votes.
#23. Sol (Guilty Gear). 10 votes.
Also #23. Felyne / Palico (Monster Hunter). 10 votes.
#22. Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars). 19 votes.
#21. Reimu (Touhou Project). 20 votes.
#20. Frisk (Undertale). 21 votes.
#19 Akira Howard (Astral Chain). 27 votes.
#18. Octoling (Splatoon). 29 votes.
#17. Shantae (Shantae). 30 votes.

#16. Porky (Mother 3). 31 votes.
#15. Geno (Super Mario RPG). 32 votes.
#13. Magolor (Kirby). 33 votes.
Also #13. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden / Ninja Gaiden). 33 votes
#12. Dante (Devil May Cry). 34 votes.
#11. Amaterasu (Okami). 38 votes.
#10. Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia). 40 votes.
#9. Eighth gen starter / Pokemon (Pokemon Sword & Shield). 42 votes.
#8. Arle (Puyo Puyo / Madou Monogatari). 56 votes.
#7. Hunter (Monster Hunter). 57 votes.
#6. Byleth / Byleth (Fire Emblem: Three Houses). 58 votes.
#5. Steve (Minecraft). 60 votes.

#4. Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot). 100 votes.
#3. Rex (Xenoblade 2). 105 votes.
#2. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby). 108 votes.
#1. Sora (Kingdom Hearts). 113 votes.

in bold characters that made via fighter or mii costume. Apparently, japanese people got very lucky with CP5, 7, 8, 9 and 11.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

This post summarize the result a japanese poll was made before they reveal CP5 (Byleth). It had +650 votes. This is top 20:

#25. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII). 15 votes.
#23. Sol (Guilty Gear). 10 votes.
Also #23. Felyne / Palico (Monster Hunter). 10 votes.
#22. Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars). 19 votes.
#21. Reimu (Touhou Project). 20 votes.
#20. Frisk (Undertale). 21 votes.
#19 Akira Howard (Astral Chain). 27 votes.
#18. Octoling (Splatoon). 29 votes.
#17. Shantae (Shantae). 30 votes.

#16. Porky (Mother 3). 31 votes.
#15. Geno (Super Mario RPG). 32 votes.
#13. Magolor (Kirby). 33 votes.
Also #13. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden / Ninja Gaiden). 33 votes
#12. Dante (Devil May Cry). 34 votes.
#11. Amaterasu (Okami). 38 votes.
#10. Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia). 40 votes.
#9. Eighth gen starter / Pokemon (Pokemon Sword & Shield). 42 votes.
#8. Arle (Puyo Puyo / Madou Monogatari). 56 votes.
#7. Hunter (Monster Hunter). 57 votes.
#6. Byleth / Byleth (Fire Emblem: Three Houses). 58 votes.
#5. Steve (Minecraft). 60 votes.

#4. Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot). 100 votes.
#3. Rex (Xenoblade 2). 105 votes.
#2. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby). 108 votes.
#1. Sora (Kingdom Hearts). 113 votes.

in bold characters that made via fighter or mii costume. Apparently, japanese people got very lucky with CP5, 7, 8, 9 and 11.
Porky is on about the same level as Dante in Japan? Thats unexpectedly neat.

Even though 650+ is a lot, I still feel the sample size size is too small given the sheer number of characters present.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Okay but how would things be now if we the order of characters was different?

Like what if we got Sora earlier and one of the first parties last?
Of all the DLC, the only ones it could've ended on to keep tempers relatively under control is Sora or Banjo. Maybe Sephiroth. After that there's a sliding scale, and right at the bottom are the first-parties. And at the bottom of the first parties, it's Byleth.

Shroob

Sup?
Of all the DLC, the only ones it could've ended on to keep tempers relatively under control is Sora or Banjo. Maybe Sephiroth. After that there's a sliding scale, and right at the bottom are the first-parties. And at the bottom of the first parties, it's Byleth.
More than Min Min?

That feels somewhat debatable.

Maybe it's just hindsight speaking and we can see how, frankly loathed Min Min has become, but idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom