• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Nah, you know the community.
****'s not broken until it happens.
Until I don't get my Isaac mii costume and Isaac as a DLC in the same game. Ain't happening
I mean, I'd love to see it, but I think what we have is enough confirmation in that case.

I know the community, I just think in this case the community is wrong. :p

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Would you say it was for good or ill that someone leaked that Disney Music thing way back then, only to be discovered once the date of the reveal was confirmed?

It certainly resulted in high Sora hopes in the days before the reveal, but I can't help but wonder if it was better or worse that so many people began actively hoping for him again, especially when that sort of hope fails more often than not.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I just got a fun idea for the next game: Blissey as a Jigglypuff semi clone. It would have all of the moves but completely different stats. It's obviously way larger, it would be one of the heaviest characters in the game, one of the fastest fallers, and would only have one midair jump.We might have to replace Sing to make it not completely worthless in the air, but I think such a dramatically different take on a classic Smash character would be fun.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
It's probably already been talked about given how many pages I've missed, but rest in peace Dragon Quest composer. You were notoriously stingy even by Square Enix standards (looks at DQ music in Smash), but you were a legend in the industry.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Like someone said, with Sugiyama gone, maybe getting Hero back next Smash, or even Ultimate 4K Edition with Everyone Is Back and more stuff and characters on top of that, won’t be as hard now
Even if Sugiyama's licensing issues might be gone, there's still the issue of whether or not they'd even be able to add as many unique newcomers as base Ultimate did. Ultimate may have made the impossible possible, but there's still a reason why they had to add several clones to its base roster.

Technomage

Smash Champion
If Ultimate were to get a next-gen Deluxe edition, complete with about a dozen base game characters, about a dozen DLC characters, and all veterans returning, what fan-rules could/would be broken?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Like someone said, with Sugiyama gone, maybe getting Hero back next Smash, or even Ultimate 4K Edition with Everyone Is Back and more stuff and characters on top of that, won’t be as hard now
Now Nintendo has to deal with his estate. My experience is that the estate is always far worse then the original creator.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
How many less we talking?
5-6 unique fighters is good to me. Just do what they did with Ultimate and make every character count.

Ring Fit Trainee, maybe Waluigi and Isaac for fan favorites, a cool new guest character, a new Pokemon, stuff like that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The character has nothing to do with Sugiyama. Thats something on SEs plate. Now gettig the music again is another issue

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If Ultimate were to get a next-gen Deluxe edition, complete with about a dozen base game characters, about a dozen DLC characters, and all veterans returning, what fan-rules could/would be broken?
If the Miis from vanilla Ultimate’s DLC return in base, a few could make the jump to playable like Shantae

maybe one or two ATs from vanilla Ultimate are gone, because surprise! They’re playable characters now!

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Now gettig the music again is another issue
Well yeah, that is the issue we're talking about here. The music license issue with DQ is kinda what made Hero seem like a DLC character only kind of deal, unless they were willing to do something drastic like have the character be in the base game but you have to buy his stage/music seperately.

Which, now that I think about it, is kinda what they did with Cloud...

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
If the Miis from vanilla Ultimate’s DLC return in base, a few could make the jump to playable like Shantae

maybe one or two ATs from vanilla Ultimate are gone, because surprise! They’re playable characters now!
That's happened before, with K Rool and Inkling's Mii Costume in Smash 4 becoming playable characters in Ultimate.
Same with AT's, remember Little Mac, Isabelle and Dark Samus being AT's?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That's happened before, with K Rool and Inkling's Mii Costume in Smash 4 becoming playable characters in Ultimate.
Same with AT's, remember Little Mac, Isabelle and Dark Samus being AT's?
That’s assuming new games in between. This is an expanded port situation which has never happened before so I’m not so sure this is guaranteed

also, what new music tracks would you want in a deluxe edition, even if they don’t come with a character?

aside from my obvious want of Xenoblade X and Octo Expansion music, the SwSh gym theme is a banger and I need it in smash

Kokiden

Smash Ace
If we're talking future ports for Smash, or another Smash game, so long as Joker and Bayonetta come back that's all I need.

Bayo is basically Nintendo now so she should be fine, but Joker? Atlus are really big on collabs so maybe they'd pledge for him to come back? I sure hope so at least.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I wonder how many people who don't want Smash 6 to cut anyone also think there's too much Pokemon/FE? Because you should be perfectly fine with the removal of someone like Corrin or Incineroar.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
5-6 unique fighters is good to me. Just do what they did with Ultimate and make every character count.

Ring Fit Trainee, maybe Waluigi and Isaac for fan favorites, a cool new guest character, a new Pokemon, stuff like that.
I would hope for more creativity than just “new Pokémon” “new fire emblem guy”

I wonder how many people who don't want Smash 6 to cut anyone also think there's too much Pokemon/FE? Because you should be perfectly fine with the removal of someone like Corrin or Incineroar.
Why does everyone want to get rid of Incineroar? He’s unique, cut pichu if anyone

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Assist Trophy and Pokeballs can't promote in the same game.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I doubt the roster of an "Ultimate Deluxe" or whatever will get touched assuming Sakurai isn't involved. I could see minor gameplay tweaks/Quality of life like reduced buffer, displays for certain mechanics we didn't get in Ultimate and rollback implemented due to the power of the new hardware.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I was about to say, isn't it a little depressing that we just expect two slots per game to automatically be Pokemon and FE's flavor of the month?
It's really not surprising when Pokemon and Fire Emblem get a new cast per game(not including remakes) whereas some of their other series keep a certain cast of characters for every game.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I was about to say, isn't it a little depressing that we just expect two slots per game to automatically be Pokemon and FE's flavor of the month?
I’m totally fine with getting a new Fire Emblem and Pokémon character every Smash. I really like both properties. I do wish we could deviate from getting almost exclusively lords and starters though. I feel like we miss out on so many great characters by limiting our options like that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
One is not wanting more. The other is not wanting less. These are not contradictory at all like how thinking the final character could be Isaac but thinking Master Chief wouldn't happen isn't contradictory

Firox

Smash Master
I’m totally fine with getting a new Fire Emblem and Pokémon character every Smash. I really like both properties. I do wish we could deviate from getting almost exclusively lords and starters though. I feel like we miss out on so many great characters by limiting our options like that.
I mean, to your point, there are a lot of Pokemon I'd love to see in Smash like Scizor, Sceptile or Gengar. The problem is that there seems to be a precedent that only the most recent game iterations get any attention regardless of how bland they might be.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I mean, to your point, there are a lot of Pokemon I'd love to see in Smash like Scizor, Sceptile or Gengar. The problem is that there seems to be a precedent that only the most recent game iterations get any attention regardless of how bland they might be.
Yeah, I feel you there. It’s a little odd coming from someone with a Pokémon username like me but I think Cinderace was my least wanted character for Smash.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Lmao, I have no Idea why they changed his name to Vlad either, trust me, it was weird coming in this website and seeing everyone talk about Isaac until I saw that it was Vlad's english name
Yeah he has different names in some countries.
For example, in Spain he's called Hans, not Isaac.

Similar case with Robin, I know he's called like that in USA or Germany, but in France, Spain or Italy his name is Daraen.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I refuse to believe Pepsiman wasn’t a Top 5 Ballot pick. Try and find me one person who hasn’t had a Pepsi product before. It’s THAT popular!

I actually cannot stomach the idea that folks wanted some guy in a red zip-up onesie (and also doesn’t know the purpose of a belt, smh) over this dude. Just LOOK AT HIM!
7ACA6443-8064-4D73-83B5-95FCDD641AD7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom