• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warumian

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2475-1882-3507
I am happy with the Doomguy mii, at least Doom exists in the game now and I will support him to be playable for smash 6.

Anyways is it true NASB devs are trash talking Smash?

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I am happy with the Doomguy mii, at least Doom exists in the game now and I will support him to be playable for smash 6.

I don't think that is true. I never heard them talk trash about Smash.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Congrats to those that wanted Sora. I didn’t personally want him, but there’s no doubt he’s the pick that made the most people happy.

The big disappointment is the lack of music. Getting the rights to KH music is obviously a legal nightmare, but so was getting Sora himself so I’m sad we couldn’t get Simple and Clean.

FreeFox

Smash Lord

As someone on the NASB thread, I havent heard that. At most, I have heard they are tired of being compared to smash. Lets see if I can find the quote and edit my post.

Edit: Here you go:

View attachment 331377

View attachment 331376

This happened during the announcement of the 5th of october.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion

I wouldn't doubt it but the whole "Smash killer" meme is just that - a lighthearted meme. If they are talking trash I'd imagine it's all in good fun.

SKX31

Smash Master
To share some more positivity... I love the Doomguy Mii! He's so cute! I would like to give him a hug. Or perhaps a fistbump, which he would likely prefer.

Dante.

He is.... the most obvious pick for this game. Huge legacy, grandfathered an entire genre, had a massive hit come out right before, tons of moveset potential, highly requested... the works.

And he's just not here. (fully at least)
Honestly, while I agree, at least he got a Mii costume.

And for what it's worth, they can look at the Mii costume sales to help determine Smash 6's newcomer lineup, just as 4's DLC Mii costumes helped determine the Ultimate newcomers (Inkling, K. Rool).

I kind of wish they were able to get the rights to Simple and Clean and Passion. But not sure how good those would have been as battle music. 9 tracks is pretty good. I am excited. I want to see his classic mode. And try all the spirits. P5 is going to be my Sora default. Old timey Sora is just to good to avoid.
SharkLord pointed out Rage Awakened and a good chunk of Re:Mind's music when I and he discussed that on Discord.

And honestly, I really feel Xemnas' Darkness of the Unknown would've been a banger to have. Whether it's original form in 2 or its 3D incarnation:

But still, considering it all I'll happily take the fact that they got 9 tracks, including Destati.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

I see mii costumes as them acknowledging prior series and ballot choices (outside the ones that were to promote a character release).

so miis like Goemon, Doom Guy, Sans, Cup Head, Vault Boy, etc. are all Nintendo going "We saw you guys say you want them. just not this time."

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Hell no, they love Smash and have said they hate the 'Smash killer' comments, the worst thing they did is say they don't want to pull a Smash Ballot thing because of how toxic the enviroment is

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Call me petty, because trust me, I am, but it's when said individuals get to the point of actual toxicity in demanding that certain things WILL go one way and you're a fool to suggest otherwise

Yeah, driving that dagger in feels good, and I'm not afraid to admit it.
I can see where the catharsis would be, but it just feels like everyone here lives in glass houses to some extent. I'm sure I'm not without guilt, but for all I could do it to someone, they could also do it to me.

So I have to imagine it helps perpetuate kind of a negative cycle.

But I'm not under any illusions I'll change hearts or minds, and I'm not even going to be around here much longer, just mostly wanted to get it off my chest and was curious if I was on my own feeling as I felt about it.

Ivander

Smash Legend
tbh I'm not even that worried about issues with Konami considering how super cooperative they were this time around. Three characters, two stages, three assist trophies, a bunch of music and spirits, even an item and an entire segment in World of Light with a boss fight.
They were certainly cooperative with Castlevania. Metal Gear may be a different story though, with it possibly being the series Sakurai almost didn't get back, besides Final Fantasy and it's copyright issues.

That's why I say Konami is a wild card, cause compared to the other companies which have shown to be very cooperative, including Square when they helped Sakurai with Dragon Quest, we really don't know much in general about how cooperative Konami is.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don't want to hate on anybody, but is anyone else put off by mocking past arguments? Even the more ludicrous ones. To me it just feels... small. I get it's annoying to have dealt with them for so long, and it's nice to be rid of them, but it rubs me the wrong way that people so celebrate deriding them. I'm sure at one point or another I was guilty of it as well, but... I don't know. It's so easy to look back and snicker, but everybody has been wrong before.

Maybe some arguments are "more wrong" than others, but I bet you currently hold an opinion about the roster which will one day get invalidated.

I'm not trying to get all sanctimonious, but... am I the only one who feels that way? Am I alone on this one?
It depends, if it's innocuous speculation like "Well this hasn't quite happened yet so that could be a thing against this character" or "This factor could be a problem" then yeah, people are being dumb because the whole point of speculation is using what we know and that's gonna evolve over time as new things happen that could change the thought process.

But when it's people being toxic as hell and completely shutting stuff out?
That's a paddlin' but also don't go overboard lol

There's a lot of great characters with lots of merit that could have gotten nothing, but instead got, well, something. It's totally fine to acknowledge that it's a shame certain characters ended up this way, but there's always that bright side to look at.
Some people take anything less than a character as an insult/holy **** they're deconfirmed depending on which extreme you talk to.
Obviously the latter is most people but I'm talking about the people that looked forward to spirit events as "slaughters" for example

That's not what you should be getting out of them, they're a small, fun bit of additional content.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Also I just realized

Smash as the One up on KH3 since unlike that game, you can actually Fight Sephiroth in Smash. Since KH3 Sora is in the game, this is closet thing to a KH3 Sephiroth Boss Fight. Interesting

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
This probably got brought up before, but the asterisk with regards to spirits implies we may be getting spirit events, tourneys, ect. for at least a while.

Spirit events do need to eventually be followed by updates in order to properly "add" them, but it's not like there won't be any more updates after 13.0.0; some balance patches are inevitable and they'll have to add support for the upcoming amiibo, which may take a while to come around if Smash for's last few amiibo are any indication.

One of these updates would just have to also add the BCAT-stored event spirits into the game proper, once said events are all wrapped up.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Finally off from work, so I can give my full thoughts here

Sora was one of the best characters they possibly could've ended on. Huge request and what seemed like never-ever pick. very much had an "oh yeah, we're going there" type of vibe and really put the "Ultimate" in Ultimate. This is definitely going down as one of the greatest reveals in Smash history. Trailer was on point too.

As a huge Disney fan, Kingdom Hearts was on my bucket list for the longest time and I finally got around to it last year. Needless to say I really enjoyed what I played. Ever since then Sora became one of my top wants. Dude looks like he transitioned to Smash pretty flawlessly, even without all the Disney content. Super happy he's here. More than solidifies Ultimate as having my favorite batch of newcomers.

Last edited:

toonito

Smash Ace
So question. Now that Ultimate is complete who do you guys think felt was left out or in other words...Done dirty.
I guess besides characters that were actually considered for Ultimate like Decidueye, Alucard, Rex, etc.

Bomberman = I'd trade Richter for playable Bomberman
Sol Badguy = was a long shot to begin with but hurts even more in hindsight due to Kazuya actually making it in. I love Ken (my fav SF character) but I'd absolutely trade him for Sol. We could've had Ryu vs Terry vs Sol vs Kazuya
Dante = I wanted Devil May Cry vs Bayonetta in Smash and the Dante rumors right before Byleth came out didn't help
Resident Evil = yeah this one still stings
Spring Man = got double oofed by Sakurai and Yabuki lol
Zero = too cool to be an AT forever

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
now that i think about it, Sora kinda has a crappy tagline.
View attachment 333379
I don't think that's a reference or anything it's just a statement. I would've gone with "Sora is Unlocked!" or "Sora makes dreams come true!"
I'm pretty sure you can't get more simple and effective for THE ballot winner, who waited his moment for 5 years than
"He's finally here."

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I hope my previous post wasn't what caused this post. It very well might not be but just in case I'll say that I wasn't necessarily trying to **** on Geno fans but moreso just found it funny how in the end we DID end up getting a SMRPG mii costume and DOOM Mii costume. >_>

But that aside, I do agree. It's one thing if people just have some light fun or innocently joke about past stuff (Shulk is just Little Mac memes from Smash 4 days could be pretty funny), but yeah whenever people go "OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW DUMB THESE GUYS WERE OMG LOL" it is kinda unpleasant.
No, I had already typed most of it out by then, dw. And idk, I feel like making fun of fake leaks is a beast unto itself. Plus they're made with the intention to screw with us, so **** em, lol.

But with the arguments, sometimes, when an opinion held by a small number of detractors gets blown up retrospectively to have been some huge point of contention, and not something that was never widely agreed with in the first place, it just feels like punching down to me. But even the widespread ones, it's like... yeah, you got him, he's dead. You can stop hitting him now.

And then there are some that get a little twisted by future developments. Like laughing at those who thought Ridley was too big... Sakurai thought Ridley was too big for a long time. And he chose the characters. So at one point of time... Ridley was too big, and at that time, they were, in essence, correct.

But I'm not innocent. I suspect I do it more just to crack jokes than to belabour the point, so I guess it's more just a bad habit than anything else, imo.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I can see where the catharsis would be, but it just feels like everyone here lives in glass houses to some extent. I'm sure I'm not without guilt, but for all I could do it to someone, they could also do it to me.

So I have to imagine it helps perpetuate kind of a negative cycle.

But I'm not under any illusions I'll change hearts or minds, and I'm not even going to be around here much longer, just mostly wanted to get it off my chest and was curious if I was on my own feeling as I felt about it.
You're definitely not alone. It pissed me off after Banjo's reveal, and it's kinda starting to piss me off now. Someone else being petty doesn't justify your own pettiness.

On another topic, I gotta say I certainly didn't expect Hollow Bastion to be the chosen stage. I imagined it would be Twilight Town or Destiny Islands.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I mean it's been three years
I always wanted "Everyone was here" Every time I would make mock ups of DLC I wanted, It always had Pichu and Young Link on it. So seeing "Everyone is Here" made me super happy. And then When Ridley was shown at the end of the Direct. Had to leave my work office to scream happy in my car. Then the DLC started dropping and Hero, Banjo, Terry Bogard, STEVE, and Kazuya were announce. Super Hype. Now we end it in Sora. Talk about hitting it out of the park.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
To share some more positivity... I love the Doomguy Mii! He's so cute! I would like to give him a hug. Or perhaps a fistbump, which he would likely prefer.
Looking at the Doom Slayer costume, it's like - yeah, makes sense - I mean, we've been talking about him for a handful of years at this point.

But then it hits you that Doom is actually in Smash. DOOM. The notoriously violent and gory PC-oriented FPS is in Nintendo's little sandbox with Kirby and Animal Crossing and then, if you're anything like me, you need a moment to process, haha.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
You're definitely not alone. It pissed me off after Banjo's reveal, and it's kinda starting to piss me off now. Someone else being petty doesn't justify your own pettiness.

On another topic, I gotta say I certainly didn't expect Hollow Bastion to be the chosen stage. I imagined it would be Twilight Town or Destiny Islands.
This is the reason I didnt call forth all the obnoxious posters that inundated the conversations with their MW to the point of absolute annoyance. I think they deserve to grieve in peace.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Dive to the Heart is in PMEX, and I'm fairly certain Smash Flash 2 has it as well. I was a little surprised it wasn't the stage they went with, but then the stage transitioned and i got it.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
boutta make smash 6 support threads for both tabuu and solaire lmao seems like alot of ppl expected them during the fakeouts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom