• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So with Ultimate finally having come to an end. What's everyone's overall thoughts and opinions to ever newcomer?

:ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultken::ultincineroar:

:ultpiranha:

:ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultbyleth:

:ultminmin:ultsteve::ultsephiroth::ultpyra:/:ultmythra::ultkazuya:Sora
Probably my favorite newcomer lineup, honestly. I objectively think it surpasses Brawl.

Subjectively, I still think it’s amazing. There’s really only one character I think is kinda lame. But even then, their moveset is pretty cool.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So with Ultimate finally having come to an end. What's everyone's overall thoughts and opinions to ever newcomer?

:ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultken::ultincineroar:

If FP2 Didn't happen, I honestly would have been Eh on the Roster Personally. Objectively it's pretty good

Not to say any of the characters are bad, but I wasn't in love with any of the Characters. I do like Ken, but I can't really play him like that, and to be honest I was always either a Ryu or Akuma player when it came to Shotos. I do like messing around with the Characters in roster though

Sephiroth and Kazuya makes the Roster good for me I would say. I also have to say Sora also, but I'm also disappointed with how they Implemented him in some Aspects, but I got to play him to give my Final Verdict on him. If those 3 weren't in the Roster, than Ultimate's Selection really wouldn't have done much for me

I also think it relied too much on DLC, which is a consequence of bringing everyone back. I think it was a worthy Sacrfice, but it's still a Sacrifice at the end of the day and Base Newcomer roster selection had to suffer for it

Please just open up your own library, I love how much you like to type and it’s fun to read lol
I'm debating whether to become a Conspiracy Theorist for Smash 6, or drop Smash Speculation all together until the Next Smash game is announced

I'll be honest, I felt like I wasted alot of Time Speculating on this game. Now it was Fun time waster, but to be honest, I think I've become obsessed with the Game, both in terms of Playing it and Speculating about it, and it might not be good in the Long run perhaps

I was hoping to get my Most wanted so I can finally stop having any Stake in Speculation, but since Smash Ultimate doesn't want to make the Ultimate Life Form playable, I don't think My story ends, and I don't think it can end here. I feel like I'm still on my mission and I'm already ready to Speculate about what Comes in Next Smash game. Sora is not gonna come out for another 2 Weeks and Ultimate is pretty much over. Now is the time we figure out what Direction to go in as of now

spicynun

Smash Journeyman

Honestly love them all. Banjo, Ridley, and Sora have all been most wanteds at some point in my life. The only character I felt disappointed by really was Steve and even he grew on me after watching the Sakurai Presents and seeing his moveset

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I was hoping to get my Most wanted so I can finally stop having any Stake in Speculation, but since Smash Ultimate doesn't want to make the Ultimate Life Form playable, I don't think My story ends, and I don't think it can end here. I feel like I'm still on my mission and I'm already ready to Speculate about what Comes in Next Smash game. Sora is not gonna come out for another 2 Weeks and Ultimate is pretty much over. Now is the time we figure out what Direction to go in as of now
Bro from one obsessive speculator to another you gotta know when to hedge your bets and when to fold 'em. You also gotta know when to put your biases to the side.

I get Shadow is your character, and it's super cool to personally crusade for a character and get the payoff of congratulations when they're announced, but like if Shadow couldn't get in even with Echoes making clones & semi-clones more accessible than ever, I don't think he has a chance in a new Smash game, whenever that's announced.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
The only game a demo's ever worked for was Dragon Quest 11s, I kinda doubt they'd do that for this, especially since lolDisney.
Yeah thats what I was thinking. I'm nota huge fan of most of the KH music we got but I really like the bonus song... I really hope I don't buy a game just for the song....

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
ultimate went above and beyond with fan picks, they finally surpassed the high caliber brawl set. I’d say the roster looks like a fake leak or mod but it looks BETTER than most fake roster leaks and mods I’ve seen throughout my time speculating. (And I’ve seen alot of realistic fake leaks lmao)

ngl, Sora in smash genuinely gives me hope for this timeline.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I can't imagine any future newcomer to possibly top Sora, except for arguably equally famous and iconic characters from companies with no known ties to Nintendo, like Kratos or Gordon Freeman.
And if Nintendo is willing to negotiate with freaking Disney for Sora, I could actually see one of these two happening for the next Smash Bros.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Made a meme about Smash DLC now that it's all concluded:

View attachment 333366

RIP Capcom fans my heart really goes out to y'all.
I'll be honest I do wish we coulda gotten that second SEGA DLC character tho

In general, I'm kinda bummed Joker wound up being our last piece of, like, new SEGA content as far as I can recall. Even if we still couldn't get another character in Pass 2, it would have been nice to see them do what they did with Capcom and just trickle out, like, a new Mii Costume or something every once in a while. I'm still not really satisfied with how SEGA is represented in Smash, so if we got, like, at the very least, an Opa-Opa hat or an Alis Swordfighter or a Ryo Brawler or somethin in one of these Mii waves, it coulda made it a lil' bit better.

Of course, I realize how that sounds when compared to Capcom over here with 0 new DLC characters jesus ****ing christ

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
:ultsnake::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultken::ultjoker::ulthero2::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultsteve::ultsephiroth::ultkazuya::ultsora:

So here we are. All 18 third party characters lined up side by side.

I say Sakurai and team have really outdone themselves in the third party department. I don't think I'd change much about this lineup, putting my dislike for two of them aside. This is a really solid line up.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'll be honest I do wish we coulda gotten that second SEGA DLC character tho

In general, I'm kinda bummed Joker wound up being our last piece of, like, new SEGA content as far as I can recall. Even if we still couldn't get another character in Pass 2, it would have been nice to see them do what they did with Capcom and just trickle out, like, a new Mii Costume or something every once in a while. I'm still not really satisfied with how SEGA is represented in Smash, so if we got, like, at the very least, an Opa-Opa hat or an Alis Swordfighter or a Ryo Brawler or somethin in one of these Mii waves, it coulda made it a lil' bit better.

Of course, I realize how that sounds when compared to Capcom over here with 0 new DLC characters jesus ****ing christ
Ace Attorney really straight up got **** all huh
People still got a warped sense of Mii Costumes and what they mean but at least Dante got that.

Nick just got left out

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I can't imagine any future newcomer to possibly top Sora, except for arguably equally famous and iconic characters from companies with no known ties to Nintendo, like Kratos or Gordon Freeman.
And if Nintendo is willing to negotiate with freaking Disney for Sora, I could actually see one of these two happening for the next Smash Bros.
Good
Cuz I want Sony and Valve and many others to get in on the honorary fun

Noipoi

Howdy!
"They used all the budget on Steve and Sephiroth"

"It's stupid to think they saved the best for last"

"Smash always ends on a low note"

"It'll probably be a Pokemon"

View attachment 333367
I shrugged off people saying it would end with a bang because it’s the ultimate smash game. I called them fools.

I was the fool, Shroob.

SKX31

Smash Master
Sneak peak of the upcoming Mario cast performing their characters

:roll:

screw VR mode though. Most useless addition ever, I hope that mode goes
That mode is not bad in theory - it's just that it (plus the Labo VR set) were released onto a console that couldn't entirely take advantage of it.

Just realized that Sora's trailer omits every other third party except for Cloud and Sephiroth. Something I don't think was a requirement for anyone else (for example, Hero and BK appearing on Sephiroth's cinematic, and Joker appearing on BK's gameplay trailer).

The only DLC characters that show up are Min Min and Byleth. Both Nintendo characters, of course.
Now that you mention it, they should've legit added a shot of Steve just turning his head to stare at Sora flying.

That would've been amazing (and amazingly awkward) to witness.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

View attachment 333367
To be fair on me...Can you blame me for the last one.
After 4 years of fighting after MIKCEY MOUSE KEYCHAIN and all of the dumbest argument in the planet, and after everything curveballs this pass threw at us, I was completely lost.

But **** me, I still can't believe this happened.

Sora_Reveal_Movie_02.jpg

This is big. Probably the biggest **** Smash bros ever did, and will do...So weird and surreal. I'm still not sure if I'm dreaming or not.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So question. Now that Ultimate is complete who do you guys think felt was left out or in other words...Done dirty.
Neku and Phoenix

and an actual playable indie character

oh and all other Nintendo characters obviously

but particularly - surprise it’s not Elma - Fiora. Got added to Shulk’s Final Smash AND she’s mute. Not even an ancillary role like AT or Mii

Last edited:

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
In my humble opinion, Sora was absolutely one of, if not the best way Smash Ultimate could've ended on an objective stance: he's the most fan requested character, across both East and West.

He's no Amaterasu or Chief personally, but I still absolutely respect his inclusion.

Also of course we're speculating Smash 6 mere hours after Sora lmao. Never change Smash fanbase, never change...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
To be fair on me...Can you blame me for the last one.
After 4 years of fighting after MIKCEY MOUSE KEYCHAIN and all of the dumbest argument in the planet, and after everything curveballs this pass threw at us, I was completely lost.

But **** me, I still can't believe this happened.

View attachment 333369

This is big. Probably the biggest **** Smash bros ever did, and will do...So weird and surreal. I'm still not sure if I'm dreaming or not.
"He's too big!!!!" - Ridley

"Too irrevlenant!!!!" - King K. Rool

"Too third party!!!!" - Banjo & Kazooie

"Disney is too stingy" - Sora

Still can't believe such a game like this is actually real.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Well I finally got arround to watching the reveal and this was a great Birthday present from Sakruai! While I was never a big Sora supporter Its still awesome to see him in Smash! I'm also happy that Sakurai didn't announce his retirement. After he takes a LONG break I would love to see him do another Uprsing type revival like with Star Fox.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Can you not, man? We were in the exact opposite situation when Volume 1 ended.

I just wanna celebrate in peace, discussions be damned.

Now that you mention it, they should've legit added a shot of Steve just turning its head to stare at Sora flying.

That would've been amazingly awkward to witness.
I think they probably couldn't. But yeah. Having all the different DLC characters interacting (and beating each other up) is always great.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
And so.

Maybe for you guys this is not big, but for me it is.

After 4.5 years, with the same Sora avatar. Campaigning for him, with some VERY short break (for Joker's release, and a bit before Hero's reveal)
I always kept my Sora avatar from Chain of Memories.

But there it is.

I can finally change it.

For Sora from Smash Bros.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Remember that Sony went to the Smash Spa Party thing, and they did license their characters out to Fortnite, knowing it be on other Consoles

I still kind of doubt they would have any of their First Party Characters in Smash, especially if it's not Timed Exclusive, but I think the possibility is there.

Bro from one obsessive speculator to another you gotta know when to hedge your bets and when to fold 'em. You also gotta know when to put your biases to the side.

I get Shadow is your character, and it's super cool to personally crusade for a character and get the payoff of congratulations when they're announced, but like if Shadow couldn't get in even with Echoes making clones & semi-clones more accessible than ever, I don't think he has a chance in a new Smash game, whenever that's announced.
That's the thing, I never thought Shadow would need to be a Clone, because he's Popular and Famous enough to be his own character. So the fact he wasn't an Echo was just Confirmation that he could have been coming later on. I think of Sakurai and Sega really wanted him as Echo, he would have been in the game as one, but it wasn't the case

I'm fine waiting for more years. I'm not dying until he gets into an Official Smash, I'll make sure of it. I still wonder how Sonic, with his Iconic cast of Characters, is still only just Sonic, but there are many other Famous characters that be getting in. You got Sephiroth, you Got Kazuya, you Got Sora, you Got Steve, etc. Not every character can get in at once. I'm fine with that fact. I just have to wait for Smash 6. Patient People get rewarded yes

And if Sakurai ever did make him an Echo, Then I will have to take Revenge and make a Better Smash game than he ever has, Because it would be Blasphemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom