• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So people in the past tended to rag on the ballot, and gripe over the characters the fanbase carried on about. I kinda get it, but personally...

God bless the ballot, and I love getting fanbase favourites.
What an absolutely blessed lineup. Just seeing these guys all in the same game is just magical.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
So people in the past tended to rag on the ballot, and gripe over the characters the fanbase carried on about. I kinda get it, but personally...

I wonder if the next Smash game will include fan-favourites, and upgrade some of the Mii Costumes like Dante, Doomguy, Dragonborn, Shantae, Sans and Lloyd.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Summary:

Thought it was Dark Souls at first.

Sora. Huge get. Not for me.

"Smash ends lame" dead.

No Disney stuff. Expected.

Sora won the ballot. Believable.

Simple and Clean in the trailer, but not the game...smh

Disappointed by lack of any final extras. No modes. Echoes. WoL expansion.

Even the Mii costume selection was thin.

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
Cool!
I have a feeling we're going to be seeing Sora in the last direct one way or another. Whether or not he'll end up as the final fighter is a different story.
Glad I somehow called the final fighter even if it was a ridiculously safe prediction in hindsight. I'm 3 for 11 in predicting DLC fighters.

For those of you who played SSF2: do you guys think if Sora was in Smash he'd play similarly to the Sora in SSF2 or would he play completely different? Maybe a mix of the SSF2 moveset and a Smash original one? I personally think he'd be a fast light weight fighter with a mix of Hero spells and Bayontetta's combos

To answer my own question: Yes Sora does infact play like the crazy lovechild of Hero and Bayonetta I always thought he would be. Outside of neutral and side special I can't tell for sure which moves SSF2 guessed correctly but it's cool that they managed to predict Simon and now Sora's moveset (even if the former was revealed right before they announced it at Smash con lol)

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Didn’t notice the thread was reopened. This was certainly one of the biggest reveals imaginable. The fact we actually got Sora is crazy. Though, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t more excited for the Doom Mii.

I didn’t get any of my MW, but hey. I got some stuff I didn’t even know I wanted. Not to mention, theres always next game.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
And with that, I went 0/12 in DLC Predictions, and combined with 0/11 in Base roster predictions, I'm not looking so good now, and I still have to wait years for my Most Wanted

Sora is real cool though, and a Banger of a choice. To be honest though, It does feel just a bit Hollow (Pun intended). The fact that he's in the game and the Details they put into him are Amazing (I Love the Freeze Frame)

The lack of Disney, The minimal Music Tracks, and Sora's kind of toned down moveset is a little eh. I can forgive the former 2 since I'm sure that was on Disney, but With all the Crazy Flashy stuff Sora has, what we ended up getting is kind of neutered for me Personally, especially Sora having a Down B Counter. Perhaps Disney was a factor here, or perhaps trying to incorporate the more Flashy Abilities might have been Too OP. It also seems like KH1 was the main Inspiration for the Moveset anyway rather than any of the other Games

I have to try him out and see how he Feels. He still looks Fun at the end of the day, and I'm glad he's in the game. The True Ballot Winner.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I uh

I don’t see Sora on the site banner tho

is it my browser

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Like I've said on Twitter, I'm disappointed Master Chief isn't here, since that crossover would be a HUGE deal to me, but this was still a choice that made people happy, and it was certainly an emotional ending. This is truly the end for Ultimate, and for Smash Bros...at least for the time being. Can't believe it's finally over, after all this time. I'm happy to a degree, this will end all the speculation drama and tension leading up to these reveals, but a part of me was kinda hoping it would continue for a little while longer. Feels weird that this is it, and if they continue Smash Bros, which I'm sure they will, I have no clue how different it will truly be, if it'll live to the expectations Ultimate has set, or if Sakurai would even be a part of it after this. Either way, congrats to any Sora fans out there, for those fellow Chief fans, as well as other character supporters, maybe we'll get our shot some other day. I also wanted to post here, to say that while I was here a decent bit during Smash 4 and Ultimate's speculation cycles, this may very well be the last time I post here, so I wish you all well.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
But also

I wonder how much pass 2/Sora/Smash Ultimate as a whole will sell NOW 🤔

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Welp, I think it's time for me to say goodbye to this thread. I can't keep up with the notifs forever.

I was only here for the last 2 months of DLC speculation (less than that even) but I'm glad I was.

This game... didn't do everything I wanted it to, I will admit. But honestly? It did enough. More than enough, even - I never thought we'd get a roster this big, with so many fan requests making it in, so many exciting third-party inclusions, every character that made it into the series ever, and so much more. This isn't a perfect game by any means (I'm still stuck in the same skill level as I was three years ago), but it has the closest thing to a perfect roster I could think of. Sakurai and his team truly went above and beyond for us.

Talking to you guys reminded me why I love Smash so much, and I'm so happy it ended on such a high note and that there are more happy folks than not. See you guys in the social.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master

Don't forget Bayonetta and all the returning veterans from previous games.

Let's also not forget the NPCs (assist trophies, spirits, Mii costumes) that were obviously also based on the ballot:

Shovel Knight
Isaac
Krystal
Geno
Shantae
Bomberman
Alucard
Black Knight

Discoball Fever

Smash Rookie
I'm glad for everyone who got what they wanted but the compromises they clearly had to do in order to appease the copyright demons over at Disney makes the whole reveal a bit of a dud for me.

0 new arrangements unless you include the short victory theme,
Locked content behind buying a different game,
0 Disney content outside a Mickey icon (although this was to be expected),
and to top it all off, Kirby doesn't even get to use the Keyblade, the copy ability replaces it with a beam of light.

As someone who hasn't played Kingdom Hearts, this comes across as if I've been served only a shadow of what the games actually have to offer, and considering that half the fun of new smash fighters is to see all the content they bring with them, it sort of fails to reach it's true potential in my mind.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Alright, I haven't been here for a decently long time (mostly been on discord). But man, this is really a dream come true for childhood me.

In FP2 I got 3 of my 5 most wanted characters, so I am stupidly happy. If you went back a year and said we'd get BOTH Sora and Sephiroth; I wouldn't have believed you.

Sakurai truly is a miracle worker.
Now give me that Kid Icarus Uprising HD Remaster

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Not looking forward to the next game's roster speculation.
After how amazing Ultimate ended up being, unless we get an "everyone is here" again, people are gonna be dying to have all of these characters back. DLC discussion will be dominated with veterans.
I can already see it in the discussion too. Cuts! Cuts everywhere! Really awful.
1633452254274.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom